Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Big Bonus Day - 20x (30x-40x with CT Mastercard) March 11 in store only

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2019 8:35 pm
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1652 upvotes
On a regular day how much is CT money worth?
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Sr. Member
Dec 10, 2012
906 posts
542 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Yeah but most of their prices are always at least 4% more than other big chain stores. Good deals always have very limited quantities. They have become a store that you would not want to buy from unless its on sale.
Temp. Banned
Oct 13, 2010
169 posts
244 upvotes
toronto
Thanks can stack with my bonus 10% i unlocked on the Mpay Mastercard app
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 23, 2006
2358 posts
1105 upvotes
sirxterminator wrote: Yeah but most of their prices are always at least 4% more than other big chain stores. Good deals always have very limited quantities. They have become a store that you would not want to buy from unless its on sale.
Even better :-)

We'll not only match any local competitor’s regular or advertised in-store retail price on an identical in-stock item, we’ll beat it by giving you an additional 10% of the lower price in Canadian Tire 'Money'.
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 10, 2003
5522 posts
1097 upvotes
Toronto
slava86 wrote: Would be easier to just get the app on your phone. Look for it in the play/app store.
Yes it's free & detached from their Mastercard mess. I now exclusively fill up at their gas stations using the Canadian Tire gift cards that go on sale every 2-3 months + use the virtual card on the phone. The Canadian Tire money adds up quite fast that way and then you can pay with it for anything in the store - service included.
Will do. thanks for the info. no wonder last time the cashier asked me if I have that card. So even if we pay with credit card, we can still collect Cdn Tire Money if we have this card? in the past, you only get cdn tire money if you pay with cash. I gave up paying with cash, so now I pay everything there via credit card.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 8, 2009
9868 posts
4500 upvotes
ricedion wrote: Will do. thanks for the info. no wonder last time the cashier asked me if I have that card. So even if we pay with credit card, we can still collect Cdn Tire Money if we have this card? in the past, you only get cdn tire money if you pay with cash. I gave up paying with cash, so now I pay everything there via credit card.
Yes even if you use credit card to pay you still collect with the CT money.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!
Member
Jun 5, 2009
239 posts
557 upvotes
Vancouver
sirxterminator wrote: Yeah but most of their prices are always at least 4% more than other big chain stores. Good deals always have very limited quantities. They have become a store that you would not want to buy from unless its on sale.
CT "regular" prices are quite a tall tale. May as well be selling mattresses... I find them similar to SDM in that they have a 'generous' rewards program but really you are paying a premium for it on almost everything except for a few loss-leaders to try and entice you. Their return policy is among the worst, here in Vancouver least, so for that alone I avoid them for most purchases.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1587 posts
812 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
ToolHound wrote: CT "regular" prices are quite a tall tale. May as well be selling mattresses... I find them similar to SDM in that they have a 'generous' rewards program but really you are paying a premium for it on almost everything except for a few loss-leaders to try and entice you. Their return policy is among the worst, here in Vancouver least, so for that alone I avoid them for most purchases.
I stand this, even some of their "on sale" prices are inflate
It's better to do some "homework" before buying things from CT
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 16, 2011
2461 posts
1844 upvotes
Clarington
The Ontario flyer has absolutely nothing worth while in it for Saturday.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1652 upvotes
djredhat wrote: Even better :-)

We'll not only match any local competitor’s regular or advertised in-store retail price on an identical in-stock item, we’ll beat it by giving you an additional 10% of the lower price in Canadian Tire 'Money'.
A lot of Canadian Tires don't like to give you the additional 10% when things are on sale. Plus a lot of the customer service cashiers don't understand what "10% of the lower price" means.
ToolHound wrote: CT "regular" prices are quite a tall tale. May as well be selling mattresses... I find them similar to SDM in that they have a 'generous' rewards program but really you are paying a premium for it on almost everything except for a few loss-leaders to try and entice you. Their return policy is among the worst, here in Vancouver least, so for that alone I avoid them for most purchases.
+1

Candian Tire, Best Buy, The Bay have hilarious "regular prices". Mattress and luggages always make me chuckle.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Newbie
User avatar
Feb 20, 2017
18 posts
8 upvotes
I have a really stupid question for all the guys saying Canadian Tire is overpriced compared to their competitors; who are their competitors that are cheaper? I am moving out soon and need to buy some basic tool stuff like socket sets, hammers, etc. so I want to know where to go.
Last edited by NoFrillsMapleBacon on Mar 9th, 2017 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
4134 posts
2139 upvotes
Vancouver
aquariaguy wrote: A lot of Canadian Tires don't like to give you the additional 10% when things are on sale. Plus a lot of the customer service cashiers don't understand what "10% of the lower price" means.



+1

Candian Tire, Best Buy, The Bay have hilarious "regular prices". Mattress and luggages always make me chuckle.
Mattresses and luggage *chuckle* :)

Ron.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
11067 posts
10106 upvotes
aquariaguy wrote: On a regular day how much is CT money worth?
0.4 cent/$1 spent = 0.4% = not much unless you have CT Option MC.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $10 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 7, 2017
669 posts
321 upvotes
Ham, ON
djredhat wrote: Even better :-)

We'll not only match any local competitor’s regular or advertised in-store retail price on an identical in-stock item, we’ll beat it by giving you an additional 10% of the lower price in Canadian Tire 'Money'.
I clicked this thread to say the exact same thing! You can always find their products for even a few cents cheaper at other local big box stores, like Walmart. Have em price match to get 10% value back in CT money, then multiply by an additional 20? Seems like a good opportunity to go buy my yearly motorcycle oil and chain de-greaser, since I KNOW walmart has it for about a buck less per quart.
"Logic and reason will always trump emotion"

Top