Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Big Bonus Day - 20x (30x-40x with CT Mastercard) March 11 in store only

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2019 8:35 pm
Mar 7, 2017
629 posts
231 upvotes
Ham, ON
NoFrillsMapleBacon wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 9:18 pm
I have a really stupid question for all the guys saying Canadian Tire is overpriced compared to their competitors; who are their competitors that are cheaper? I am moving out soon and need to buy some basic tool stuff like socket sets, hammers, etc. so I want to know where to go.
If you are patient, deals will pop up here. In regards to CT, wait and buy when the items are >65% off. I wouldn't buy any sockets or torque wrenches at less than 65% off, mastercraft power tools as well. The genuine name brand stuff (not incl. Mastercraft) will only go on sales similarly to HD or Lowes etc.
"Logic and reason will always trump emotion"
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2194 posts
948 upvotes
I usually shop there only synthetic oil on sale, clearance items and price matching. I don't see what the problem is for those who complain that prices are higher than walmart, HD, etc - even better since price match and you will get extra 10% off in CT money.

Last year I bought a Springfree trampoline that was 1700 everywhere else on clearance for 1000. They go on sale at usually at only $100 off.
Problem with clearance is that is store specific, and the good deals are usually to be had only in remote stores.
iamalittlepepper wrote:
Aug 13th, 2012 2:55 am
Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote:
Jan 13th, 2015 12:56 pm
you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10077 posts
9287 upvotes
PM CT to get 10% in CT money is like creating your own 25x event at time - comparing to this 20x event tomorrow.
I cannot find anything to buy tomorrow. I need synthetic motor oil in 3 months.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $30 plan, PM $38 5GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Feb 20, 2017
18 posts
8 upvotes
DealFixation wrote:
Mar 10th, 2017 3:34 am
If you are patient, deals will pop up here. In regards to CT, wait and buy when the items are >65% off. I wouldn't buy any sockets or torque wrenches at less than 65% off, mastercraft power tools as well. The genuine name brand stuff (not incl. Mastercraft) will only go on sales similarly to HD or Lowes etc.
I completely forgot about Lowes and Home Depot. Thanks!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2194 posts
948 upvotes
Bought this she'd on clearance for $350:

https://m.canadiantire.ca/#/products/pr ... ku=0600166

On the site it shows 700, but when I searched the terminals in store, it showed at the clearance price. Also found 11x8 Springfree trampoline for $1200, which is listed for $1700 on their website, but I think the $1200 one is different SKU from the last season.

The trick with CT clearance is to go in store and search the terminals.
iamalittlepepper wrote:
Aug 13th, 2012 2:55 am
Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote:
Jan 13th, 2015 12:56 pm
you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Dec 9, 2007
967 posts
383 upvotes
Applied for CT Mastercard today. Needed some impact sockets got 40X off.

Also found out I can pay my student loans through CT... Win!
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2012
1461 posts
521 upvotes
TBD
Shame that CT doesn't match Amazon. Would've bought some stuff today for sure.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
1416 posts
112 upvotes
djredhat wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 5:30 pm
8%

If you sign up for their MC, you get 10x everyday and 30x (12%) on bonus days. If you are buying items for more than $200, you can have interest free equal payments for a year or two.
If you price match in item during a promo, do you now get 40x instead, of (14%)?
Oct 22, 2013
74 posts
4 upvotes
Fort McMurray, AB
guys could you please help me with this query?

I have purchased apple watch today because of 50X points and i have used Canadian Tire points card not the Triangle rewards card. I also havent used traingle credit card. Do you think i am qualifed for the additional points?

my main question is, is it canadian tire points card and traingle points are the same card?

I have taken this below deal.

https://www.sportchek.ca/campaigns/tria ... watch.html