Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Big Red Weekend Spring Sale - Apr 20-23

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2017 6:45 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2617 posts
3359 upvotes
Fredericton
ratatapa wrote: I need to find a good air compressor to put air in my Car + bike tires
If those are your primary uses, any small and cheap unit will handle it without issue.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
2004 posts
1181 upvotes
London
jadoocian wrote: thanks for this. I was considering this as it's about half the price of a Roomba - and the reviews on canadian tire seem decent-ish. I've never owned a robot vac before but perhaps after your review, I will wait to find a good deal on a Roomba
We truly loved our Roomba. It was great for almost two years and then the little side brush stopped working. Roomba sent us a new piece for free, but that didn't solve the problem. They then sent us a letter that said it was non repairable. We made a claim through our credit card extended warranty and they sent us a check for our original purchase price (plus tax). They didn't want it back, so we still use it some upstairs for going under the beds etc.

We saw the Bissell at half the price (like you said) and liked that it had two side brushes. But it just didn't last. It just didn't seem as smart. The bottom brush was also quite a bit smaller than the roomba one. We bought it on sale but waited to use it for six months because we were building a new house and just left it in the box.

We were quite pleased with the customer service of Bissell though. We also have another Bissell upright vacuum that has been great for at least 10 years. So I don't think it is the company, just this particular product.

Our may have just been the one lemon out of millions, so take our review as you will. :)
Jan 11, 2009
839 posts
876 upvotes
Toronto
Double_J wrote: Sweet deal. I ordered a set of tires from last week's promo but they had to ship them in. I'm going to pay for them on the 20th I wonder if I will get the $50 card..
let me know how it goes - I am in the same boat but they will find a way to deny this
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2014
2641 posts
797 upvotes
Toronto, ON
davidclegg wrote: Don't know why you're getting so many downvotes. RFD needs more AVE fans.
The guy is a freakin idiot. He takes an oscillating multi tool, shoves it into the middle of a piece of board and then calls it useless because it doesn't carve a slot right through without chip clearance. He also makes up a lot of nonsense when doing his reviews and bases his opinions on nothing. I.e. comparison of new brushless milwaukee drill to his old junker, he talks shit about the brushless the entire video then uses it at the end and goes huur skookum I might have to keep it. **** retard.
Apr 5, 2006
403 posts
219 upvotes
Mississauga
Mobil 1: "selected grades"

Does that mean that no 0W20, as usual?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
7220 posts
5993 upvotes
theDuder wrote: On the hunt for a pressure washer for light duty, the 1600 PSI simoniz in this flyer seems to be cheapest I can find. Anyone have, can comment?
Avoid Simoniz. CT will not accept any returns even if it's DOA (They direct you to the importer for service). They leak, the plastic connections break and they are about the worst quality of any pressure washers in the marketplace.
Sep 5, 2011
634 posts
146 upvotes
NL
Thanks for the heads up. Costco has a 1600 psi powerplay for 130, so I may go with them based on peace of mind for returns. Unless you have a suggestion?
Mar 17, 2014
43 posts
43 upvotes
Any opinions on the impact wrench? For occasional work on the car.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
7220 posts
5993 upvotes
theDuder wrote: Thanks for the heads up. Costco has a 1600 psi powerplay for 130, so I may go with them based on peace of mind for returns. Unless you have a suggestion?
I have owned a Karcher electric (sold it used on Kijiji when I upgraded to a Karcher gas powered model with a Honda engine) - I never had a problem with the electric model and I have not had a problem with the gas powered model.
I also have one of those plastic low quality "Power IT" green and black Walmart electric pressure washers - paid $30 it even came with a removable vacuum on an RFD posted clear out - it's pretty flimsy but for a quick wash of the car it's good enough (I don't expect it to last forever).
Nov 26, 2003
460 posts
298 upvotes
Ottawa
Any opinions on the impact wrench? For occasional work on the car.
I've used it only a couple times, for the car lugs and it was fine and once for a real tough anode rod on my water heater. It was really hammering but it got it loose and I tried as hard as I could with a breaker bar before using the wrench so that was good in my books. Don't know how long it will last but seems solid.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
3032 posts
1083 upvotes
Mississauga
I never owned a BBQ till now, but getting tempted these days to have one for occasional use.
CuisinArt Gourmet 600B Propane BBQ - $329
is this a good deal?
Aug 9, 2015
320 posts
266 upvotes
Thanks OP! and to Bordak for the pics!

Quick question about the Dewalt 2pc 20v Lion set - is $189 a good deal for the pair? This is for my bro, he's not in a rush so told him to hold out for Father's Day sales, but if this is a good deal please let me know. For myself I'm interested in the Mobicool powered cooler - any good? I've never owned one of these, any issues to be concerned about - length of cord comes to mind and feedback is welcome. Thanks in advance!
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2007
1629 posts
76 upvotes
I was going to get the pruners that are on sale until today (reg $20, now $10), but then saw the pruners advertised during this big red sale also $10 but reg price $25, with much more reviews and OP's personal experience. I will be getting those.

What does it mean the 21ft ladder is the stalmart of CT sales? Is this a good ladder? We're looking for one.

Anyone have experience with the Yardworks gibre glass garden shovel? or Yardworks products in general? Quality?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
3024 posts
1538 upvotes
Burnaby
Damn no 50% off gold plan on the roadside assistance? was waiting for it.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4777 posts
5070 upvotes
East GTA
plymouthhater wrote: Avoid Simoniz. CT will not accept any returns even if it's DOA (They direct you to the importer for service). They leak, the plastic connections break and they are about the worst quality of any pressure washers in the marketplace.
theDuder wrote: Thanks for the heads up. Costco has a 1600 psi powerplay for 130, so I may go with them based on peace of mind for returns. Unless you have a suggestion?
I purchased that 1600 Simoniz, and it broke. But it was still under warranty. The customer service rep was so rude when I called in, I sent an email to their generic email. THey replied back saying they reviewed the call and sent me a brand new Simoniz 1800 and I got to keep the old one lol.
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

+1337
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2617 posts
3359 upvotes
Fredericton
lookingfortv wrote: Thanks. Can you please tell me the item number for the 4-shelf pantry on for $41.99? I can't find it on the site.
199-2291-2
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1831 posts
1704 upvotes
Toronto, ON
theSPOOLER wrote: The Promo card just deducts from your purchases, you can spend $45 if you want and probably use the card. I don't know if the last $5 stays on the card, but you might as well use it all. Free stuff. The catch is that it's only good for a week. (If you're asking do you need to spend another $200 to redeem it as well, you do not).
Thanks, sounds pretty fair
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4682 posts
3973 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
Thundercloud wrote: How long would they metal saw horses last outdoors? Aren't they usually on sale for 9.99?

Thinking of propping up my canoe with them.
Go buy some pressure treated 2x4's and make saw horses. The cost will probably be less than $25, and will actually hold up your canoe.
Those metal sawhorses are pure crap. I got suckered into buying them, and the only reason I haven't thrown them in the scrap metal bin is, they are OK for painting baseboards. Even then, they wobble around like drunks with only the pressure of a paint brush.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4682 posts
3973 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
joeyjones6 wrote: I know, and I didn't even mention misplaced patriotism or say to keep your **** in a vice...
You kids and your YouseToobs addictions.
I had to look up WTF you were going on about...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)