Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Canadian Tire: Mastercraft 7.5A corded impact wrench: 59.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2017 12:23 pm
Penalty Box
Dec 16, 2013
1458 posts
520 upvotes
Mississauga
qaz393 wrote: Bad advice. Torque setting is based off the car.......
Maybe they looked up the model.....
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12459 posts
2170 upvotes
GTA
Ferinthul wrote: Maybe they looked up the model.....
true. but i dont know a car that use 90lbft. some at 88 or 89. overtorque is bettter than understorque for sure
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2005
1488 posts
636 upvotes
ScoFF wrote: The shop that I bought my rims and tires from for my car said I need to use 90 torque for them so that's what I've been using.
Look it up for your car or manual is your best bet. Maybe they could have suggested it to avoid having to re-torque after 50-100km's... Over torquing excessively isn't a good idea either, it puts stress on the bolts which could lead to it snapping.
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12459 posts
2170 upvotes
GTA
pitabread wrote: Look it up for your car or manual is your best bet. Maybe they could have suggested it to avoid having to re-torque after 50-100km's... Over torquing excessively isn't a good idea either, it puts stress on the bolts which could lead to it snapping.
please explain how overtorqueing is bad when its 3-5lb ft over????? have u seen how much the wheel bolts can take? any evidence to back it up?
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2007
1263 posts
803 upvotes
Toronto
qaz393 wrote: please explain how overtorqueing is bad when its 3-5lb ft over?????
Most torque wrenches are at least +/- 4% error from the factory anyway. Adding more error isn't helpful, but research error isn't the only contributor to error.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2005
1488 posts
636 upvotes
qaz393 wrote: please explain how overtorqueing is bad when its 3-5lb ft over????? have u seen how much the wheel bolts can take? any evidence to back it up?
I wrote excessively, 3-5lbs is nothing, you will get that variance anyways due to calibration. Taking a pneumatic torque wrench to a lugnut will excessively torque it, just like what the shops do, hence you requiring one in the first place to remove it.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5909 posts
2223 upvotes
Space
My buddies and I are doing this as well. Cordless makes working that much easier. The key is buying a quality cordless impact.
enko wrote: My friend is a mechanic for Audi. They are switching to cordless everything. They're lighter, easier to work with all day, and can get in tighter spaces. No air hoses to worry about. (You can get higher torque on electric as well if desired, but I think they just use an old air impact as there's many around in a shop.)
Aug 24, 2006
269 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
bogolisk wrote: I bought a single stick for my cars (80ft-lb) for $5.00 from PA (clearance). My Torque wrench is $59.00. Why bother? because it's cheap and I'm lazy.
Because "it's cheap and you're lazy" doesn't make them good, does it? :)
But I tend to agree with you. If I found the sticks at $5, AND all I did was tires, i would have forgone the wrench (a full set of torque stick to cover the range of a wrench still costs more). Most car manufactures would disagree though and many specifically forbid them in their service manuals.
Jan 19, 2006
937 posts
92 upvotes
Out of curiosity and future deals (because this comes on sale often), buys of this deal please post your experiences.
Let us know if it can't take the bolts off your car or it's ok.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
3862 posts
2940 upvotes
Markham
ScoFF wrote: Out of curiosity and future deals (because this comes on sale often), buys of this deal please post your experiences.
Let us know if it can't take the bolts off your car or it's ok.
I have the 7.5amp one for a few years now. No problem removing lug nuts at 100 ft lbs on at least a dozen of vehicles (i.e. cars, vans, SUVs....but not pickup trucks).
I have also used it to remove crank bolt. However, I can't confirm what was the torque applied on the bolt.
It is rated for +200 ft lbs but I have not tried at that torque.
Nov 12, 2012
102 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
BDSL wrote: I have the 7.5amp one for a few years now. No problem removing lug nuts at 100 ft lbs on at least a dozen of vehicles (i.e. cars, vans, SUVs....but not pickup trucks).
I have also used it to remove crank bolt. However, I can't confirm what was the torque applied on the bolt.
It is rated for +200 ft lbs but I have not tried at that torque.
Have 2 cars requiring 75flbs and 110flbs, using this wrench for years without any issue.
Mar 6, 2008
456 posts
197 upvotes
Ottawa
I've had this unit for a couple of years and swap between winter tires and non-winters for 5 cars a year. No problems undoing even 140 N-m or 103 Ft/Lbs.

Whatever you do, don't get the 3.5A version. I've had that version before, and it absolutely will not budge if there's any sort of oxidation on the nuts or lug bolts.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
3862 posts
2940 upvotes
Markham
Also, don't forget to get the impact sockets. Don't use the regular sockets.
Nov 26, 2003
460 posts
298 upvotes
Ottawa
I recently used it to take off the anode rod on my water tank. I could not get the rod to budge as it was slightly corroded. I was using a 2ft breaker bar with no budge. I used this impact wrench and easy peasy came right off.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)