Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Canadian Tire Mastercraft Screwdriver Set, 80-pc - $19.99

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2019 11:39 pm
Apr 20, 2015
121 posts
65 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Just opened mine now.. They are magnetic!!
Jul 4, 2013
225 posts
58 upvotes
MandomRix wrote:
Mar 27th, 2019 4:42 pm
WHO DO I BELIEVE!? Image
Lol. I really don't know. I can't find any information about it being magnetic
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1118 posts
646 upvotes
I bought this a few years ago. honestly the only thing I use in the damn thing is the demo tool. Id rather use a ratchet style with bits or a drill and lower the chuck setting
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
6903 posts
3027 upvotes
Kootenays
I found the tips of mine relatively soft and easily damaged. I use them now (the ones that haven't been thrown out) as a last resort, when another can't be found.
Sep 18, 2016
191 posts
68 upvotes
if you need it professionaly this set is utter garbage
"Just because it's illogical doesn't mean it can't continue to move up"
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1683 posts
1045 upvotes
Montreal, QC
smacd wrote:
Mar 27th, 2019 6:03 pm
I found the tips of mine relatively soft and easily damaged. I use them now (the ones that haven't been thrown out) as a last resort, when another can't be found.
Obviously for professional use, it would be annoying. If you need these for your trade, then you should spend money and get decent tools. Half the job, is having the right tools.
But for the average home user, just take back the damaged units, and and get replacements. They have a lifetime warranty. I have a pile of these all over the office for opening up computers, and other stuff. They are so cheap, that I don't worry about people walking off with them. And when I find defective/damaged ones, I throw them in a box. When I have 4 or 5 pieces, I just take them in, and get replacements, and never got a hassle.
1Ogiku2 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2019 6:09 pm
if you need it professionaly this set is utter garbage
If you need it professionally, you should be looking for $20 screwdrivers, not a $20 SET of screwdrivers :)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
6346 posts
1108 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Emporium wrote:
Mar 27th, 2019 9:03 pm
Obviously for professional use, it would be annoying. If you need these for your trade, then you should spend money and get decent tools. Half the job, is having the right tools.
But for the average home user, just take back the damaged units, and and get replacements. They have a lifetime warranty. I have a pile of these all over the office for opening up computers, and other stuff. They are so cheap, that I don't worry about people walking off with them. And when I find defective/damaged ones, I throw them in a box. When I have 4 or 5 pieces, I just take them in, and get replacements, and never got a hassle.

any recommendations?

If you need it professionally, you should be looking for $20 screwdrivers, not a $20 SET of screwdrivers :)
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Aug 31, 2017
47 posts
61 upvotes
rb wrote:
Mar 27th, 2019 4:05 pm
$130 original price - really who does CT think they are trying to kid ?
Thumbs up just for the Liverpool FC Pic
Sep 18, 2016
191 posts
68 upvotes
Emporium wrote:
Mar 27th, 2019 9:03 pm

lol a smart ass. I buy Wera screwdrivers for myself. But even for the average guy a set for 20 bugs of utter garbage is a waste of time and money.

"Just because it's illogical doesn't mean it can't continue to move up"
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2011
1562 posts
467 upvotes
GTA
I got this set about two years ago, it can do the jobs at home.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2011
1562 posts
467 upvotes
GTA
PMking wrote:
Mar 27th, 2019 5:51 pm
Lol. I really don't know. I can't find any information about it being magnetic
these are magnetic, not all set though
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2011
1562 posts