Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Car Detailing Mothers Clay Bar 200g Value Pack (Cloth, Clay Bar, and Spray) - $29.74 In-Store [Warm]

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2018 3:15 pm
Apr 19, 2010
937 posts
438 upvotes
Richmond
You can't use the term price error unless it saves you at least 50%.

Also why is this not some kind of candy bar?
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
2954 posts
946 upvotes
Vancouver
prod wrote:
May 15th, 2018 11:21 pm
Most cars dont even need clay, Ive had this same 200g pack for about 5 years, and still have 1/2 bar remaining.
really? i used to detail cars as a summer job and most cars i've had to work on definitely needed the clay.
I envy you.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2007
2881 posts
1160 upvotes
This isn't a "price error". Its at this price a lot. I've bought 2 of these in the past. Deal is just warm. When its on sale its even lower.
Feb 26, 2008
382 posts
303 upvotes
Surrey
FerinthuI wrote:
May 15th, 2018 10:51 pm
???

Water and scrub is hard to do? I'm curious how someone can **** this up
It's not water and scrub hard. That is incorrect. Properly used, you should not be putting much pressure on the bar to remove the contaminants. You should use the clay lube included in the package. Spray very liberally on the surface and the claybar. You can mess this up by not having enough of that clay lube. This will cause the clay to stick to the surface and cause marring. Some people drop it and continue using it...that's another good way to mess up. You also need to keep folding and kneading it so a new and clean surface is formed. If you run out of the clay lube, you can also use car soap (just make it extra sudsy and you'll be fine for lubrication).

If you have heavy contamination, go to an auto supply store like KMS tools or Princess Auto. They sell a heavy duty clay that removes more contaminants. Scrubbing hard with this is not the proper way to do it. And no, it won't remove more with more pressure. The mother's clay is not the best quality. Hard to work with. The Meguiar's clay works better if you're looking at an equivalent. Much softer and more pliable.
Feb 26, 2008
382 posts
303 upvotes
Surrey
prod wrote:
May 15th, 2018 11:21 pm
Most cars dont even need clay, Ive had this same 200g pack for about 5 years, and still have 1/2 bar remaining.
All cars need a clay. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean the surface isn't dirty. This is an integral step to a proper surface prep. Clay bar your vehicle after you've washed it. Guaranteed, there's pollution still stuck to it. The clay helps to remove these as well as the visible surface contaminants.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
1867 posts
1422 upvotes
Very curious as to what vehicles have magical paint that doesn't get marred from being "scrubbed" with a clay bar and impervious to surface contaminants from the air such as brake/rail dust.

I too wish to enjoy magical paint so that I don't have to waste time being careful when claying to avoid scratches when I can just mindlessly scrub with zero worries, or spend a fortune on Iron-X, since my paint would be brake dust free.
Nov 16, 2006
472 posts
254 upvotes
Toronto
You can use plumbers putty for a fraction of the cost and get identical results.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
4681 posts
2447 upvotes
Kitchener
kaiseki wrote:
May 15th, 2018 10:40 pm
Make sure you do your research on how to properly clay bar your car, cause I've seen some absolutely horrible results from people failing to do it properly
Extremely easy to do, how can anyone mess that up?
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2011
1420 posts
1178 upvotes
Québec Gold
major153 wrote:
Knock off quality good?
Honestly i never used that before I can’t comment about quality. I don’t know if it is normal but it melt down when in storage in plastic bag?
Jan 28, 2007
754 posts
142 upvotes
texem71 wrote:
May 15th, 2018 10:51 pm
Walmart has if for $25 and change the 200 gram. Will confirm tomorrow.
I got this for $12 at Walmart USA but i find Pinnacle clay bar is a much better quality.

Canadian Tire has the quick detailer in store on sale for $10
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
1867 posts
1422 upvotes
IntrepidRT wrote:
May 16th, 2018 7:01 am
Extremely easy to do, how can anyone mess that up?
You're giving people too much credit. It's just like with washing your car, bad approach/technique. Washing a car is even easier but people still manage to scratch up their paint.

If you don't wash your vehicle before claying, use too aggressive a grade of clay, clay in incorrect directions, clay starting from the bottom to the top of your vehicle, clay too dry, use too much pressure, not fold enough with debris stuck to the surface - it will do damage. Heck even if you do it correctly, there can still be fine scratches.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2005
1831 posts
190 upvotes
blackston3 wrote:
May 15th, 2018 11:24 pm
So is it the 200g clay bar + shine spray + cloth for $29

or just 200g clay bar for $29?

I would think option A would be the better alternative, right?
Sorry, I should've added more detail in the OP. But, yeah it does come with the same stuff, cloth and spray, just a larger bar for the same price.
Aug 29, 2010
299 posts
151 upvotes
Toronto
This is for touching up top coat scratches right? I have a white scratch on my fender from a hit and run so it'll work for that right? Do I need to get a little paint touch up can from the dealer as well or is that only for deeper scratches that are dark?
Oct 9, 2011
628 posts
240 upvotes
GTA
Lemonylol wrote:
May 16th, 2018 8:27 am
This is for touching up top coat scratches right? I have a white scratch on my fender from a hit and run so it'll work for that right? Do I need to get a little paint touch up can from the dealer as well or is that only for deeper scratches that are dark?
I'd be interested to know this as well. I have an area where someone rubbed something along my front bumper and the clear coat has a whitish sheen/glaze to it that I'd like to get out.

Would a clay bar help?
1 x Zoomer Wireless $36 loyalty plans - 4 GB of data!
5 x Freedom Mobile plans
Ecobee 3 Lite courtesy of Green On (ie tax payers)