Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Car Detailing Mothers Clay Bar 200g Value Pack (Cloth, Clay Bar, and Spray) - $29.74 In-Store [Warm]

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2018 3:15 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1274 posts
1454 upvotes
Surrey
AncasterRFD wrote: I was worried about the clay picking something up, not noticing it, and digging it into the glass. I have a brand new windshield, so a little bit more OCD about it lol
LOL i can understand that. You'll see the stuff on the glass. Typically you'll see the usual bugs, dust, road tar (that is annoying as hell and does not clean right off...use a degreaser for that). I've not yet come across a small pebble stuck there. I have had small road debris catch onto my clay when doing the lower body panel. By the time I felt the crunch...too late. Luckily it was on my vehicle and not a customer's.

If you're worried, something like rubbing alcohol works well or if you really want to go industrial...body solvent by Meguiar's.
Sep 18, 2017
963 posts
1581 upvotes
Vancouver
bombdiggity wrote: You're giving people too much credit. It's just like with washing your car, bad approach/technique. Washing a car is even easier but people still manage to scratch up their paint.

If you don't wash your vehicle before claying, use too aggressive a grade of clay, clay in incorrect directions, clay starting from the bottom to the top of your vehicle, clay too dry, use too much pressure, not fold enough with debris stuck to the surface - it will do damage. Heck even if you do it correctly, there can still be fine scratches.
It's good to know there are people on here that understand what I meant instead of simply saying 'it's ez 2 do lol'
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2460 posts
2960 upvotes
Toronto, ON
AncasterRFD wrote:
I was worried about the clay picking something up, not noticing it, and digging it into the glass. I have a brand new windshield, so a little bit more OCD about it lol
rancid82 wrote: LOL i can understand that. You'll see the stuff on the glass. Typically you'll see the usual bugs, dust, road tar (that is annoying as hell and does not clean right off...use a degreaser for that). I've not yet come across a small pebble stuck there. I have had small road debris catch onto my clay when doing the lower body panel. By the time I felt the crunch...too late. Luckily it was on my vehicle and not a customer's.

If you're worried, something like rubbing alcohol works well or if you really want to go industrial...body solvent by Meguiar's.
In addition to rancid82's post. Ancaster, check out ChrisFix's video on cleaning your windshield. He's cleans his windshield and explains in steps with detail how and how not to do it, including the use of a clay bay (actually just noticed he's using this exact Mothers clay bar!). Just generally, his car videos and the knowledge he gives out, are very informative. When I finished cleaning using his steps, it really felt like there was no glass at all.

He also recommends dabbing some wax to repel water during rain and storm

Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21701 posts
17374 upvotes
Markham
blackston3 wrote: In addition to rancid82's post. Ancaster, check out ChrisFix's video on cleaning your windshield. He's cleans his windshield and explains in steps with detail how and how not to do it, including the use of a clay bay (actually just noticed he's using this exact Mothers clay bar!). Just generally, his car videos and the knowledge he gives out, are very informative. When I finished cleaning using his steps, it really felt like there was no glass at all.

That's exactly what I watched before when I thought about clay bar my windshield.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
blackston3 wrote: In addition to rancid82's post. Ancaster, check out ChrisFix's video on cleaning your windshield. He's cleans his windshield and explains in steps with detail how and how not to do it, including the use of a clay bay (actually just noticed he's using this exact Mothers clay bar!). Just generally, his car videos and the knowledge he gives out, are very informative. When I finished cleaning using his steps, it really felt like there was no glass at all.

That's awesome, bookmarked and thank you!
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2015
1295 posts
568 upvotes
North York, ON

I use that method except rather than wax as the final application I apply RainX. Very pleased with the results....clay bar removes tree sap from the windshield.
For car enthusiasts ChrisFix Channel has a lot of honest, accurate and helpful tutorials= highly recommended.
Banned
Oct 5, 2015
951 posts
666 upvotes
Outremont, QC
I believe price vary by stores, it shows $35 in my location
May 31, 2009
184 posts
229 upvotes
I bought this kit for the same price last year. Works well for mechanical decon(really want to try chemical). I keep the detailer(smells nice) to use as a detailer and use soapy water for clay barring like ChrisFix.

You can probably buy the clay bar from Griots Garage on Amazon, if you don't need the other included accessories. Has more clay than this for $26.
I also bought the cheap blue clay on Amazon/Ebay that has mixed reviews. I hope to test that out soon.
Oct 23, 2005
684 posts
257 upvotes
dasiuyan wrote: where to get claybar that has best CP? ... i have quick detailer already... just need some quality clay. Someone above mention eBay but has no experience with them. Anyone?
anyone?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2460 posts
2960 upvotes
Toronto, ON
AncasterRFD wrote:
That's awesome, bookmarked and thank you!
Enjoy!
gr8dlr wrote:
That's exactly what I watched before when I thought about clay bar my windshield.
magoot wrote: I use that method except rather than wax as the final application I apply RainX. Very pleased with the results....clay bar removes tree sap from the windshield.
For car enthusiasts ChrisFix Channel has a lot of honest, accurate and helpful tutorials= highly recommended.
ChrisFix is absolutely awesome. Even when I knew how to do a job, I improved from his information
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
prod wrote: Most cars dont even need clay, Ive had this same 200g pack for about 5 years, and still have 1/2 bar remaining.
While I'm not sure about the "don't even need clay" part--I wouldn't even think to polish or wax a car without claying it first--note that at some point in time Mother's really downgraded their clay quality. I'm not sure if it was 5yrs ago, I'm thinking it was more than that, but I remember buying a kit way back when and getting clay that lasted much longer. In fact the first Mother's clay bar I got outlasted one I got years later because the newer clay was pretty poor for a clay bar.

Personally I wouldn't buy the Mother's kit anymore as you can just buy other clay bars that are better--they will cost more as they won't come in a kit typically but they'll well outlast the newer Mother's clay in the kit. Anyway, these days I've moved on to washable/reusable "synthetic" clay instead as it's easier to use, rinse-able/washable/reusable, much quicker, and does very close to the same job.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
4597 posts
1657 upvotes
Brampton
A clay/polish lasts me at least a couple years keeping it washed and waxed so stuff doesnt stick as much.
Remember that is taking off clearcoat.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Jul 31, 2004
344 posts
326 upvotes
Unionville
Its 25.95 regular price at Walmart for this 200g extra value package.. seems CT price is just a little inflated.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1274 posts
1454 upvotes
Surrey
prod wrote: A clay/polish lasts me at least a couple years keeping it washed and waxed so stuff doesnt stick as much.
Remember that is taking off clearcoat.
No, clay bar does not remove clear coat. It only removes the surface contaminants that have bonded onto the clear coat. Polishing (with compounds) removes some of the clear coat.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
ES_Revenge wrote: While I'm not sure about the "don't even need clay" part--I wouldn't even think to polish or wax a car without claying it first--note that at some point in time Mother's really downgraded their clay quality. I'm not sure if it was 5yrs ago, I'm thinking it was more than that, but I remember buying a kit way back when and getting clay that lasted much longer. In fact the first Mother's clay bar I got outlasted one I got years later because the newer clay was pretty poor for a clay bar.

Personally I wouldn't buy the Mother's kit anymore as you can just buy other clay bars that are better--they will cost more as they won't come in a kit typically but they'll well outlast the newer Mother's clay in the kit. Anyway, these days I've moved on to washable/reusable "synthetic" clay instead as it's easier to use, rinse-able/washable/reusable, much quicker, and does very close to the same job.
Are you using that EXACT one you quoted? Because this is something I've wanted to get into for some time.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1274 posts
1454 upvotes
Surrey
dasiuyan wrote: anyone?
www.eshine.ca

www.autogeek.net

Lots of options from both sites. I've ordered lots through both. Autogeek has a few more options. If you want local, KMS tools has claybars. They generally last and I've used them in the past, both the medium and aggressive.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1274 posts
1454 upvotes
Surrey
jmok wrote: I bought this kit for the same price last year. Works well for mechanical decon(really want to try chemical). I keep the detailer(smells nice) to use as a detailer and use soapy water for clay barring like ChrisFix.

You can probably buy the clay bar from Griots Garage on Amazon, if you don't need the other included accessories. Has more clay than this for $26.
I also bought the cheap blue clay on Amazon/Ebay that has mixed reviews. I hope to test that out soon.
Chemical decontamination works well for the most part but you'll still need to do mechanical. It helps makes the mechanical process easier. I use both when prepping the surface for polishing and wax.

The clay bar patent expired in 2013 and there's been a lot more different options on the market. Stick with brands like Meguiar's, Pinnacle, etc and you'll be fine.
Oct 7, 2004
762 posts
63 upvotes
Where the deals are
smells soo good :)
Sep 18, 2012
246 posts
346 upvotes
Quebec City
Stop claying with clay bar!

1st step, Use chemical decontaminant "Carpro TRIX" : https://www.amazon.ca/CarPro-TRIX-Remov ... rds=carpro

You spray it on, wait 5 min, wash it off. Done!
It removes iron particles and tar buildup in +/- 5 minutes of wait time.

2nd step, use a "clay towel" : https://www.amazon.ca/Microfiber-Automo ... B01KWP6HD6

You can reuse it (if you drop it, you simply wash it).
I'm doing both my cars twice a year for 5 years with the same towel and it's still in great shape.
It's bigger = less time to do the whole car.

Enjoy!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)