Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Chamberlain® 1/2-HP Belt Garage Door Opener $199.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 10th, 2018 6:47 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
3017 posts
797 upvotes
embguy wrote: Watch for Lowe's sale together with 15% to 20% off weekend stack together. This happens 2 to 4 times per year. The most recent was in Jan 2018. lowes-ca-chamberlain-3-4-hps-belt-drive ... #p28859690
I bought this one, going to install in new house soon! It was the last one available in Whitby, box was well mangled but brand new unopened....

Stacked promos for $180.

MyQ would be helpful for those moments you lie on your bed about to fall asleep wondering if you remembered to close your garage door....
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2007
3969 posts
1262 upvotes
Ottawa
I was in the Barrhaven Canadian Tire this afternoon and they still had a skid of 24-ish boxes

The model number is WD832KEVC and here's what you get with it:

Myq smartphone app control, monitor and control your garage door with your smartphone. MyQ gateway (CIGBUC) required for app control
Timer-To-Close automatically closes the garage door if you forget. Can be set for one, five or ten minutes
Durable 1/2 HP motor and steel-reinforced belt drive provides ultra-quiet operation
Motion-Detecting control panel programs new remotes and MyQ accessories. Easily sets timer-to-close and automatically turns lights on when motion is detected
Wireless keypad: unique four-digit codes allow easy, yet secure access without a remote. One touch to close

Aug 5, 2008
110 posts
78 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON L4…
embguy wrote: This one does not come with the MyQ controller. If you're planning to get the MyQ function, better to get the one with built-in MyQ WiFi for around $250.
I got 2 of these. Unfortunately I missed $30 April 19 promo from CT. Would have been $370+tax. Then, I got MyQ Internet bridge at Lowes in Aurora for about $47 - it is on sale now and some stores still have that. The result - I get 2 GDO's with belt drives and WiFi support via MyQ phone app - it is fantastic. It can also integrate with Wink Hub 2 that I got in HD on sale for $79. To answer someone's question above - I think it is a good deal when you have 2 doors - you basically adding WiFi functionality for $23.50 per door.
Aug 5, 2008
110 posts
78 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON L4…
Uberclk wrote: just last week Lowes had the 1/2 HP belt drive with built in wifi on sale for $219, plus 4 days scratch & save with min $25 off ($25 off online). it caught my eye as i thought it was a very good price for a 3/4 HP and turns out to be a 1/2 HP version with i didn't even know existed (when i was looking they only had 1.25 & 0.75 HP wifi models).

you can use this price as a gauge for the wifi models in the future with the standard accessories like featured in Lowes/HD. costco packaged with more accessories.

1/2 HP around $200 (before taxes)
3/4 HP around $235 as embguy pointed out
1.25 HP around $255 (i bought this last year from Lowes when they had $100 off plus additional 15%, and hits this price several times a year)
Actually, Chamberlain does not make 1/2 HP belt drive with built in wifi. It is either 1/2 chain drive with wi-fi, or 3/4 belt drive with WiFi, or 1 1/4 belt with WiFi.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1623 posts
586 upvotes
Scarborough
e_speakerca wrote: Actually, Chamberlain does not make 1/2 HP belt drive with built in wifi. It is either 1/2 chain drive with wi-fi, or 3/4 belt drive with WiFi, or 1 1/4 belt with WiFi.
links below are belt, 1/2HP, wifi. and if you go to the other deals site, the smart one, look up Lowes flyer between April 12-18 it was on sale for $219 during their s&s days which gives you additional min $25 off as i have mentioned (to reference what i quoted, and no you cannot borrow my time machine :) )

so with that, i just don't think the Canadian Tire version is that great price wise. now that Lowes carries 3 different power levels of the wifi, belt models you're talking about sales every month or two and difference of about $30 for each variant if you're not too concern about which model to buy (1/2 or 3/4hp) and if you are not needing one immediately.

from the lowes description it looks to also have a back up battery and just a 1/2hp variant of the feature rice 3/4 and 1.25hp belt drive wifi models.

https://www.lowes.ca/garage-door-opener ... 51979.html
https://www.chamberlain.com/garage-door ... model-b550
Dec 28, 2012
527 posts
355 upvotes
OTTAWA
i have this unit and would recommend it.

I personally don't see the value in wifi/myQ. i have a garage door opener in each vehicle and a keypad on the outside. Why do i need to connect to my phone?

Regardless, this is around what i paid over a year ago. Decent deal id say. Battery backup came in handy during the ice storm, we went a day without power, i honestly forgot it had that ability