• Aug 12th, 2017 7:48 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 10, 2016
60 posts
27 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Clear Storage Box 80L with wheels

I was looking for clear storage box and found this 3-days deal at CT. Only 6,99$ ea. (Reg 16,99$). Good quality. Stackable.
Images
  • image.jpg
14 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
1306 posts
235 upvotes
my feedback, quality is not good. they are remarkably flimsy. And there is no point loading these up to 80L worth of content and then having this rip apart due to the weight

if you are looking for budget options (i.e. not rubbermaid) then these are much better for a buck more.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/blue- ... p.html#srp
Nov 10, 2003
551 posts
139 upvotes
BC, Canada
The lids on those black ones suck. I have a couple. They don't really clip.
May 11, 2011
114 posts
100 upvotes
North York
Was going to buy these a few weeks ago. Put some random items in it and rolled it around and found the wheels are pretty useless.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
8544 posts
3127 upvotes
These really are not durable and flimsy as heck.

We ended up paying a bit more but your getting your moneys worth for not complete crap.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maste ... p.html#srp

There very sturdy, lids fit great and you can fill them right up and the stack really nice.

Homedepot has same ones for 11,99 and even costco had them last week for 11,99
ING Direct since the beginning!
BuyBuyBuy O Why
Mar 21, 2009
148 posts
79 upvotes
Hamilton
I have one of these too. One because they are terrible. The grey ones with the white lids are excellent. I bought 20 when they were on sale.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
8220 posts
1028 upvotes
Toronto
EK75 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 11:54 am
I have one of these too. One because they are terrible. The grey ones with the white lids are excellent. I bought 20 when they were on sale.
Link? I have similar clear ones as these (without wheels) and the lids are trash.
Mar 21, 2009
148 posts
79 upvotes
Hamilton
chinesedevil wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 11:57 am

Link? I have similar clear ones as these (without wheels) and the lids are trash.
Hey what do you know, they are half price on clearance $7.99. I think they were 80% off when I got them. Added a picture. I seriously bought 20 of them, plus a label maker. Best combination ever.

https://m.canadiantire.ca/products/prod ... me=ATLAS#0
Images
  • upload.jpg
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
1682 posts
332 upvotes
Windsor
I have these; they're VERY easy to obliterate (like, if you "drop" it, you'll almost definitely break it, or overload it). However, if you're careful with them, they're fine; I have them stacked 5 high with a LOT of stuff in them, and they're great. The lid needs to be fitted properly for them to be structurally sound; do NOT load them so the lid doesn't sit flush ... if you rely on the clicking feature to hold down the lid, you'll be disappointed.
One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1415 upvotes
Richmond
Yes, quite flimsy, but certainly suitable for stuff like clothing. Also note that the wheels have near-zero ground clearance - any load greater than a couple of kilos will cause it to sag onto the ground and render the wheels useless.

But still, I picked up a few at one CT store that had plenty of stock - another CT store had only a couple of broken ones left (and plenty of extra lids for no apparent reason).
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13432 posts
289 upvotes
Midland
Thanks for the posting.
As an aside, I was in the local Canadian Tire yesterday and say a frying fan for about $20.
You know what the supposed regular price was? $84.99.
That's insane or a complete lie on the part of Canadian Tire.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
May 29, 2005
45 posts
2 upvotes
I concur with some of the other posters. OP bin is too flimsy and easily crack. i returned right away
Best 2015 deal: Great Wolf Lodge, 2 nights in a room for 8 people: US$115 all in with a $25 credit too!