Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Canadian Tire Commuter Auto Safety Kit $17.99 (with 1 year free Roadside Assistance)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2012 8:49 am
Sep 10, 2012
94 posts
25 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Canadian Tire Commuter Auto Safety Kit $17.99 (with 1 year free Roadside Assistance)

Canadian Tire Commuter Auto Safety Kit comes with 1 year free Roadside Assistance

Begins this Friday Reg. $29.99 --> $17.99 ( Nov 30th - Dec 6th -->extended to Dec 13th )

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/produ ... 4136431547

One of the members here was nice enough to share a fine print on the kit

http://lh5.ggpht.com/-vaeRdsP5qpA/UJ_Tw ... 25255D.jpg

89 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2001
3785 posts
267 upvotes
Kitchener
wewewetwet wrote:
Nov 28th, 2012 4:07 pm
Canadian Tire Commuter Auto Safety Kit comes with 1 year free Roadside Assistance

Begins this Friday Reg. $29.99 --> $17.99 ( Nov 30th - Dec 6th )

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/produ ... 4136431547
I just bought one today :)

It is not worth getting irritated, it is not worth it.... Wish everyone happiness, and you yourself will be happy.
Nov 26, 2003
557 posts
53 upvotes
Is there more info on what the free Roadside Assistance consists of?
Oct 7, 2011
833 posts
166 upvotes
Toronto
Lukus wrote:
Nov 28th, 2012 4:14 pm
Is there more info on what the free Roadside Assistance consists of?
They'll give you a hand when you have car trouble. :razz:

Ok, good question. I'd like to know the answer too. The product description Q&A doesn't say anything.
Nov 4, 2002
748 posts
16 upvotes
Burnaby
I've had an emergency kit in my car for 10+ years. Guess it's time to replace it
Oct 2, 2011
386 posts
216 upvotes
London
Seems to me the roadside assistance package is approximately the same as the CT Silver package.

One thing to note that I lost out on last time - you need to call and authorize it within something like 7 days from purchase (sorry, I can't remember the details per se) just be sure to open it and review the small print.

The kit itself is decent, but a great deal with the roadside (assuming you activate it in time)
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2005
1268 posts
56 upvotes
Can you upgrade to a higher level on the roadside assistance?
down, right, up, left, y, b
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2010
1326 posts
117 upvotes
Markham
gordi777 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2012 9:40 pm
If this is the Silver plan that they offer, the towing KM allowance is only 10km.

Can't get very far on that if you need a tow.
10km might not be the best but you pay $75 just for the tow to hook your car. It looks like thats taken care of. I also believe its $3 a km anything over the 10. I think this is standard. So if you get stuck they save you $75 for the hook and $30 for the 10km.

We need a little more detail but if it is the silver I think this is a great deal.
Mar 9, 2007
418 posts
44 upvotes
cfrank73 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2012 5:36 pm
Seems to me the roadside assistance package is approximately the same as the CT Silver package.

One thing to note that I lost out on last time - you need to call and authorize it within something like 7 days from purchase (sorry, I can't remember the details per se) just be sure to open it and review the small print.

The kit itself is decent, but a great deal with the roadside (assuming you activate it in time)
I just activated the roadside assistance that came with my kit last week. I bought the kit around this time last year.
Dec 4, 2011
251 posts
80 upvotes
Guelph
If it is the silver (or even the gold) package, you get 1 free oil change too, which definitely bumps the value of this kit. Now that's not to say I'm recommending you ever let CT put your car on the lift...

(my experience has been that every time I've had CT do any work, even something as minor as an oil change, something mysteriously fails about a week later and I have to take it back for service. Not sayin' they're sabotaging my car, just that it's a mighty profitable coincidence for them. After the 4th time, I finally stopped taking my car to CT.)

But $18 for the kit and roadside assistance including an oil change is a great deal!

Edit: PS - has anyone looked at the price structure of their pay per use service?! It's $24 for the year, but a single service call costs $45 = $69 if you use it even once. The silver package is $70! Based on that, why even offer the pay per use version?
× < >