Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] CT - Brushless Rockwell Tools - Instore Clearance (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2017 9:14 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2001
13857 posts
4417 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] CT - Brushless Rockwell Tools - Instore Clearance (YMMV)

Brushless Rockwell tools on clearance at CT:

20V Brushless Cordless Drill - 99.93 (reg 299.99) - http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/rockw ... p.html#srp
20V Brushless Cordless Hammer Drill - 127.93 (reg 319.99) - http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/rockw ... p.html#srp
20V Brushless Cordless Impact - 114.93 (reg 329.99) - http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/rockw ... p.html#srp
20V Brushless Cordless Impact (1/4") - 99.93 (reg 299.99) - http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/rockw ... p.html#srp

45 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
2355 posts
522 upvotes
Abbotsford, B.C.
mention which CT you saw these at please
Sep 8, 2003
159 posts
111 upvotes
Good reviews on Homedepot.com for the hammer drill (some are promo reviews, which I obviously ignore).

Interesting point is that many reviews state they have a life time replacement on their batteries.
Digital Improvements
Most posts are via my mobile, so sorry for any duplicate posts, poor spelling/grammar, lack of photos and other details.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
1910 posts
356 upvotes
Good prices and a good brand. A few comments though on things I've noticed from Rockwell's website:

- 20 year warranty on the tools and batteries
- Rockwell cordless tools seem to only be available in Canada at CT (at least for now). Since they are on clearance, does that mean that CT is dropping Rockwell or are these just discontinued models being cleared for the next generation?
- These four drills listed in the OP are the only current cordless tools listed on Rockwell's website. ***EDIT: There is also a 20V sonicrafter (oscillating tool)
- None of Rockwell's tools are offered as bare tools, so if you want to buy any additional tool, the only option is to buy it with additional batteries as well.
Last edited by SizzleChest on Sep 12th, 2017 11:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Mar 7, 2017
57 posts
31 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
TrevorK wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 10:35 pm
Brushless Rockwell tools on clearance at CT:
Damn, that promo video had me smiling... the one with the guy suspended in the rain off of the side of the oil rig. Pretty cool commercial imo.
Sep 2, 2010
476 posts
164 upvotes
montreal
Love RW tools ... But no luck at my local CT (online price).
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27672 posts
755 upvotes
Dildo, NL
The problem with batteries is life.

If you don't condition your batteries and keep them healthy, they quickly die & you won't be able to get more than 10mins of heavy use out of them before they die. All you need is one winter (where they go dormant & deep discharge) & they're useless.

Great concept. Unfortunately highly high-maintenance dependant for longevity.
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Yota Mafia]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...
Oct 8, 2009
652 posts
189 upvotes
Kitchener
bubble.tea wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 8:38 am

If you don't condition your batteries and keep them healthy, they quickly die & you won't be able to get more than 10mins of heavy use out of them before they die. All you need is one winter (where they go dormant & deep discharge) & they're useless.

While I agree this was an issue, it's less of an issue with lithium ion batteries today then it was with other types of batteries in the past
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2008
1216 posts
195 upvotes
Was hoping to get a sonicrafter, but if it's only the 20V line that's on clearance, the 20V sonicrafter is available online only :(
Dec 10, 2012
635 posts
289 upvotes
Richmond Hill
bubble.tea wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 8:38 am

I blame the charging systems. They are not balanced charged at all, so over a period of time some cells are not charged and some get overcharged. I found 2 packs thrown out at HD, I opened them up and charged each cell individually and remade the cells with balance leads.

It has been my experience that about 80% of lithium ion batteries thrown out can be restored to working order.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2046 posts
1042 upvotes
Richmond
sirxterminator wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 9:53 am
I blame the charging systems. They are not balanced charged at all, so over a period of time some cells are not charged and some get overcharged. I found 2 packs thrown out at HD, I opened them up and charged each cell individually and remade the cells with balance leads.

It has been my experience that about 80% of lithium ion batteries thrown out can be restored to working order.
I think almost all of them use standard 18650 lithium-ion cells internally that you can buy in bulk, so I suppose you could just replace the bad cells.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1002 posts
390 upvotes
Toronto
I knew Rockwell Automation is very famous but First time to know Rockwell Pwer tools. They are not the same company.
Aug 21, 2013
79 posts
26 upvotes
Kitchener
18650 is a standard cell physical dimensions not electrical specifications. If you want to replace the cells replace them all the same time and get high performance ones for the discharge rates that I assume these have.
Jan 22, 2017
53 posts
7 upvotes
Thanks OP. I purchased the hammer drill for $144.56 after tax for ISPU since I need a 20v cordless hammer drill (brushless) with an extra battery for a gift.