Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

CT - MAXIMUM Fixed/Plunge Router - 129.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2019 12:09 pm
Jul 3, 2007
131 posts
23 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] CT - MAXIMUM Fixed/Plunge Router - 129.99

Been shopping for a router for a week, then saw this good deal. I'm a router noob so I can't really provide much insight but the reviews on this model seem really good.

There also a deal on the 40 pc. router bit set selling at $79.99 (reg.: $269.99) (https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maxi ... p.html#spc)
3 replies
Oct 31, 2013
705 posts
303 upvotes
Toronto
Wait for when the price drops to $99.00. that's the usual promo price on CT
-Throw me a stone and I will build castle-
Jul 29, 2008
211 posts
207 upvotes
I don't own this router but the specifications look good on paper. The price is pretty good if this is a reliable router. For comparison, the two best routers in this class - DeWalt and Bosch - are both priced at a bit above the original price of this unit, without edge guide (which can cost $50-$70 extra).

That being said, you want to watch for a few things, and verify they are not problems for you:
  1. Make sure the screw pattern on the base is standard. Otherwise you will have to drill your own holes to attach it to router tables and template bases.
  2. Check the diameter of the centre opening on the base plate. It should be standard Porter Cable size to receive guide bushings.
As for the bit set, I suggest you don't go with such a large set. You would not need 80% of them in regular work. Start with a high quality set of around 5 essential bits, or buy individual bits as needs arise.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
8687 posts
1542 upvotes
I have the older version of this (same it looks like but different color scheme). Good starter model. Has all the basics. Motor is strong. I did hardwood with no issues.

Only issue I had was once the fixed base height started slipping and my edge got messed up. Needed to tighten up more.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)