Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

DEWALT 1/2-in Drive Impact Socket Set, 23-pc $54.93

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2018 11:16 am
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2003
1181 posts
247 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] DEWALT 1/2-in Drive Impact Socket Set, 23-pc $54.93

Saw this clearance item at Canadian Tire. I have to ask the associate as it wasn't even on the shelf. It was on the back warehouse. Looks like a good deal for a professional tool.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/dewal ... p.html#srp
Last edited by Matrix_dot_ca on Apr 26th, 2018 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
16 replies
Nov 28, 2011
398 posts
480 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
NICE. I've always wondered if I needed the robustness of an Impact set.

I've been using a standard Socket on a Dewalt Impact driver [DCF887] to swap off winter/summer rims on 2 cars.
Breaker bar to loosen and then finish off with the impact driver.
Then pre-tighten with driver and finish off with torque wrench.
Q: Is this okay for the standard sockets?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6946 posts
7520 upvotes
BC
badger11 wrote: NICE. I've always wondered if I needed the robustness of an Impact set.

I've been using a standard Socket on a Dewalt Impact driver [DCF887] to swap off winter/summer rims on 2 cars.
Breaker bar to loosen and then finish off with the impact driver.
Then pre-tighten with driver and finish off with torque wrench.
Q: Is this okay for the standard sockets?
Ya, that's fine. If you were using an impact wrench, you'd want impact sockets, but for what you are doing, regular sockets are fine.
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11211 posts
10057 upvotes
Kootenays
OP, if you put the price in your title, your posts will attract much more attention. You can do it by going to "edit" then "advanced".
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
Shows at $105 for the only store near me in Toronto.

At $55 it's a decent deal since you get Metric plus SAE and they come in a nice case. I think the Mastercraft SAE or Metric-only sets go on sale around $20 each.
For home users doing annual tire changes, I really doubt you're ever going to bust one, so I don't think there's much to choose between them durability-wise.

If you only need Metric of SAE you'd be cheaper off buying the single Mastercraft set when they go on sale. Everything on my cars is Metric, so I don't need SAE.
Last edited by Inno on Apr 26th, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
11723 posts
4919 upvotes
St-Fabien de Panet, …
No stock showing in my area.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2003
1181 posts
247 upvotes
smacd wrote: OP, if you put the price in your title, your posts will attract much more attention. You can do it by going to "edit" then "advanced".
done
Apr 29, 2010
79 posts
54 upvotes
toronto
I’m having issues installing my mastercraft sockets 1/2” on my dewalt impact driver.... do I need to make any adjustments or buy special sockets?
Jun 13, 2017
700 posts
468 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario
Does anybody know which socket I need for a 2018 Honda Odyssey? I don't have the Odyssey, but planning to get it the end of this year.
"If you offend the OP instead of thanking him, I will gladly report you for either harassment or off-topic."

ArloCopter
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10408 posts
1123 upvotes
Toronto
adhika wrote: Does anybody know which socket I need for a 2018 Honda Odyssey? I don't have the Odyssey, but planning to get it the end of this year.
19MM & 21MM If your using snowtires, you might need a set of lug nuts for snowtires / rims
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
evox44 wrote: I’m having issues installing my mastercraft sockets 1/2” on my dewalt impact driver.... do I need to make any adjustments or buy special sockets?
That's common with new sockets and/or a new driver. Try a bit of lube and wiggle/force them on.