Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Diono Radian RXT Car Seat - $299.99!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2017 12:50 pm
[OP]
Jul 21, 2008
366 posts
234 upvotes
GTA

[Canadian Tire] Diono Radian RXT Car Seat - $299.99!

The Diono Radian RXT Car Seat is on sale at Canadian Tire for $299.99 (reg. $399.99). This is a decent price. I have purchased 3 of these over the past several years and I have nothing but good things to say about them. Other people may have different opinions, but based on my own experience I couldn't be happier. Three of these can be seated side by side in my 2009 Corolla so its pretty handy if you don't have a big vehicle. They are well built on a solid frame but also heavier than my obese friend, so don't plan on switching them from vehicle to vehicle on a daily basis unless you've got some muscle.

The sale begins Friday September 15th and ends Thursday September 21st.

Happy shopping!
Images
  • DionoRadianRXT.jpg
38 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
8707 posts
590 upvotes
Not a bad price. But man I hate Canadian Tire. Gonna pricematch it at Sears or Toys R Us.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Nov 29, 2009
8 posts
2 upvotes
Just checked my local store. It is 150 canada anniversary special edition. The manufacture date is may 2017.
Jun 20, 2012
97 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
First-time expecting parents here...is this one of those 3-in-1 car seats suitable for when the child is born or is this only good for when they get older?
Oct 3, 2007
92 posts
55 upvotes
btcoma wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 11:21 am
First-time expecting parents here...is this one of those 3-in-1 car seats suitable for when the child is born or is this only good for when they get older?
Yes it is.

We have two of these and used them from birth with each of our boys. It is very slim and allows for 3 across in the back seat of many vehicles. Be warned though that when it's rear facing the seat in front loses a lot of leg room as it's a very tall car seat.

Overall I'm quite satisfied with these seats and would recommend them.
Aug 11, 2017
74 posts
9 upvotes
Wait a minute is this the older radian model? The rainier model was on sale at snugglebugz for the same price, no?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
15842 posts
4730 upvotes
Ottawa
Landon99 wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 11:40 am
Wait a minute is this the older radian model? The rainier model was on sale at snugglebugz for the same price, no?
Yes, RXT is an older model.
Mar 14, 2017
63 posts
51 upvotes
Victoria, BC
ytian9 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 11:43 pm
Just checked my local store. It is 150 canada anniversary special edition. The manufacture date is may 2017.
That's a shame. The special edition is going to make it impossible to price match at another store, and I'm not a fan of this colour at all. Oh well.
ValiantSpacemanSpiff
Interplanetary Explorer Extraordinaire
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5106 posts
764 upvotes
I think i'd much rather get a Clek Fllo. we are very happy with ours and a couple of my friends who ended up going from a Diono to the Clek say the same

if anyone would like a 20% coupon off the Fllo (or Foonf) please send me a PM.

the Fllo comes in at $378 all in including shipping/gst

the Diono does fold a little though if you want that in a seat
Mar 14, 2017
63 posts
51 upvotes
Victoria, BC
btcoma wrote:
We have two of these seats. We didn't use them from birth, as we found the seat very large for a newborn. We used an infant rear-facing bucket style seat for the first 8 months or so, then started using the Diono Radian RXT. It is a great seat. Quite heavy, but that makes it extremely sturdy. Takes up a lot of room front-to-back when rear-facing, so if you want to retain any space for the driver or passenger seat (depending on where you put the car seat) then you might want to look into the angle adjuster that is sold as an accessory for these car seats. It's a piece of foam that goes under the car seat that raises the angle of the car seat and saves you a couple of inches. Obviously depends on your needs and your vehicle as to whether you'll need this.
ValiantSpacemanSpiff
Interplanetary Explorer Extraordinaire
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5106 posts
764 upvotes
btcoma wrote:
in theory yes

you might find life a bit easier to use an infant carrier seat for the first six months or so

more money though of course.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
5607 posts
126 upvotes
Vancouver
milolai wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 11:51 am
I think i'd much rather get a Clek Fllo. we are very happy with ours and a couple of my friends who ended up going from a Diono to the Clek say the same

if anyone would like a 20% coupon off the Fllo (or Foonf) please send me a PM.

the Fllo comes in at $378 all in including shipping/gst

the Diono does fold a little though if you want that in a seat
Where can you get a fllo for $378?
Feb 23, 2010
417 posts
130 upvotes
EDMONTON
Narci wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 11:59 am
Where can you get a fllo for $378?
I got one a few weeks ago from Amazon for $330. Canadian Tire will put them on sale too for around that price. If you aren't in immediate need of one keep an eye on the price every week.

I need a second seat for a second car though and will probably get one of these since I can't wait for another Clek sale. If I do I can come back and give m 2 cents on this RXT vs the Fllo. For what it's worth my friend with 3 kids who had two Fllo's but had to replace them due to a car accident and swapped to the RXT, said he prefers the Fllo. He said it is easier to get the kids in and out of the seat, and the Fllo is easier to install if you need to move them.