• Dec 9th, 2013 4:45 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8704 posts
2053 upvotes
London
Becks wrote:
Dec 8th, 2013 8:03 pm
^ Or, just leave out this small part: "it was dangerous to chop items". You can write something to the effect of, "The warpage in the cutting board rendered it ineffective for chopping and slicing."

Personally, I do not like the aesthetics of this chopping board!

[IMG]http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/Canadia ... _1?$medium$[/IMG]
A cutting board with a pentagram? It is used for preparing a human sacrifice, along with a side of julienned green beans?
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10453 posts
2007 upvotes
Nowhere
You are not the first person to complain about Canadian Tire not publishing negative reviews. That being said, I have read plenty of reviews on their site that stopped me from buying products. Try omitting the word dangerous. That may be the issue they are having. The product warped and that is important. They likely don't want it being known that they are selling a product that someone considers dangerous. I think it is important to expose sites that refuse negative reviews.

BTW that is one ugly cutting board.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12237 posts
1827 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Here are two products reviewed 1/5 stars in the last week of November:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/garri ... qVMadJDtGY
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/garri ... qVMtNJDtGY

do not buy this
November 29, 2013
"just junk
cant believe they sell it
doesn't heat anything
instructions impossible to understand save your money
returning mine tomorrow after 2 weeks of headaches"

Do no purchase this unit
November 26, 2013
"IT looks like it was programed to work only for one year i purchased two of those units both died at the same time nothing to do big waste of money"
[OP]
Sep 24, 2007
405 posts
81 upvotes
Kelowna
I've resubmitted it minus the dangerous part, so we'll see what happens. Even so, I'm not happy with the omission as I think other shoppers should know.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
6122 posts
985 upvotes
Fort Saskatchewan
They are a terrible retailer. I try to avoid giving them business whenever possible.
˙dlǝɥ ɹoɟ ǝɯ WԀ oʇ ǝɯoɔlǝʍ lǝǝℲ ˙spɹolɹǝʌO pℲɹ ʎɯ ɟo ǝɔᴉʌɹǝs uᴉ ƃuᴉʇɐɹǝpoW ʎlᴉddɐH
[OP]
Sep 24, 2007
405 posts
81 upvotes
Kelowna
The modified negative review without the "dangerous" wording was approved, so I retract my statement that they don't allow negative reviews. I do, however, still question the review process. Buyers should be able to warn others of safety hazards.
Banned
Jun 22, 2012
4737 posts
683 upvotes
Shhanada
drlarsen wrote:
Dec 9th, 2013 4:20 pm
The modified negative review without the "dangerous" wording was approved, so I retract my statement that they don't allow negative reviews. I do, however, still question the review process. Buyers should be able to warn others of safety hazards.
I can kind of see what happened here. Suppose the maker of a product didn't like their item being called dangerous. They sue and go after the deep pockets (Canadian Tire) and the party who is publishing the danger story (again, Canadian Tire). So Canadian Tire doesn't want to be involved in calling a product dangerous.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
5570 posts
1381 upvotes
Montreal
Ottomaddox wrote:
Dec 8th, 2013 10:34 pm
A cutting board with a pentagram? It is used for preparing a human sacrifice, along with a side of julienned green beans?
That's not a pentagram.
[OP]
Sep 24, 2007
405 posts
81 upvotes
Kelowna
SurplusPlus wrote:
Dec 9th, 2013 4:41 pm
I can kind of see what happened here. Suppose the maker of a product didn't like their item being called dangerous. They sue and go after the deep pockets (Canadian Tire) and the party who is publishing the danger story (again, Canadian Tire). So Canadian Tire doesn't want to be involved in calling a product dangerous.
I guess, but what I said was that it became dangerous due to the warping that was going on. The product wasn't initially dangerous. Everyone would be well served if Canadian Tire stopped carrying this product altogether.