Shopping Discussion

Canadian Tire Dropping the Eco Fee (Repost)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2010 6:57 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10453 posts
2019 upvotes
Nowhere

Canadian Tire Dropping the Eco Fee (Repost)

As of tomorrow July 20, Canadian Tire will no longer be charging the Eco Fee in Ontario. Here is their press release.

[QUOTE]The roll out of this program was poorly handled by all involved. For this reason, effective July 20, 2010, Canadian Tire has suspended charging any of the new eco fees that were rolled out on July 1, 2010 until a better system can be developed with Stewardship Ontario and the Government of Ontario. [/QUOTE]

Score 1 for consumers.
4 replies
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10453 posts
2019 upvotes
Nowhere
Oops just noticed that it was a repost. Of course, wasserware was posting as I came back to say that. I'm not sure how I missed it when I searched but the other post was posted earlier.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
11607 posts
1348 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
If you're a cat, why is your avatar of a skunk?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10453 posts
2019 upvotes
Nowhere
rabbit wrote:
Jul 19th, 2010 6:47 pm
If you're a cat, why is your avatar of a skunk?
Pepe thinks that too. :D She's a cat. She is Penelope Pussy Cat. You know the cat that Pepe Le Pew chases. I wanted to put Pepe as my avatar but thought Penelope was more appropriate.

From Wikipedia:
Penelope Pussycat is best known as the often bewildered love interest of Looney Tunes star-skunk, Pepé Le Pew. Penelope is a typical black and white pussycat, though by some means or another, she often finds herself with a white stripe down her back.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
11607 posts
1348 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Ah, okay. I haven't watched Bugs Bunny in a looooonnnng time ... even though I bought a compilation DVD a few years ago ... :) .