• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2018 1:00 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2001
4736 posts
284 upvotes

Canadian Tire - Exchange Item After "Get $10 CT Money for spending $50" Offer

A few weeks ago, I had a "spend $50 at Canadian Tire, and get $10 Bonus CT Money" offer. I purchased 3 items, with a subtotal of just over $50.

Now I want to exchange one of the items. If I do this, will the $10 Bonus CT Money be revoked?

CT Phone rep said "it should be fine" but was unsure and couldn't give me a confirmatory answer.

Has anyone tried this before?
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
2244 posts
1180 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
Arrow wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 12:16 am
A few weeks ago, I had a "spend $50 at Canadian Tire, and get $10 Bonus CT Money" offer. I purchased 3 items, with a subtotal of just over $50.

Now I want to exchange one of the items. If I do this, will the $10 Bonus CT Money be revoked?

CT Phone rep said "it should be fine" but was unsure and couldn't give me a confirmatory answer.

Has anyone tried this before?
You'll get the same answer from here.

It should be fine, as long as you're exchanging.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
5253 posts
2892 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Straight exchange...
ie SKEW # ABC123 for another of ABC123
(Ie parts missing from the box)
You should be fine

But if you want to make a change that switches the SKEW to say ABC456
(Ie same item different colour)
It’s going to be difficult... but ya, likely possible
Depends on whether they have to issue a REFUND FIRST against the Receipt

When you go into the store...
BEFORE they start the transaction
Be sure to explain fully what is you got, why you are exchanging it, and your concerns about your EARNED TO DATE Cdn Tire $

At least then they’ll have all the facts, and may indeed be able to find a work around

Otherwise, you’ll be subject to the Triangle Rewards T&Cs and how they are normally applied
https://triangle.canadiantire.ca/conten ... rules.html
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2001
14965 posts
5235 upvotes
I had to make an exchange for an item that was a different size when I used the $10 CT Money when you spend $50. Provided it's done on the same receipt it's fine - you will momentarily lose the $10 in the app, and then 3-5 minutes later the $10 showed back up. It's all about them doing it on the same receipt - not a refund and then repurchase on a new one.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2001
4736 posts
284 upvotes
TrevorK wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 10:17 pm
I had to make an exchange for an item that was a different size when I used the $10 CT Money when you spend $50. Provided it's done on the same receipt it's fine - you will momentarily lose the $10 in the app, and then 3-5 minutes later the $10 showed back up. It's all about them doing it on the same receipt - not a refund and then repurchase on a new one.
Thank you for this data point!
I hope I’ll have the same positive experience.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)