• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2019 9:07 am
[OP]
Oct 2, 2016
16 posts
2 upvotes

Canadian Tire financial - promo 3.2% until 6/30/19

Has anyone got this ?

Saving up? Let us get you there faster with this exclusive offer. Want to maximize interest? Invest early. Make a new deposit today!
Earn 3.2%* interest on new deposits into your Canadian Tire High Interest Savings® account. It's simple. Log into your account on myCTFS.com and make a deposit.

* Your Account will earn a special interest rate of 3.20% for any new deposits made between Dece‍mber 1‍0, 20‍18 – Ju‍ne 3‍0, 20‍19. This rate consists of the regular variable rate of interest for the Account of 1.50% plus the bonus interest rate of 1.70% per annum. The bonus rate applies only to (i) selected customers who received a communication about this offer and (ii) new deposits made on or after Dece‍mber 1‍0, 20‍18 up to a maximum of $500,000 in new deposits. The promotional interest is calculated on the portion of the Account’s closing balance during the offer period that exceeds the closing balance as of Dece‍mber ‍7, 20‍18, to a maximum of $500,000. Any new deposits over $500,000 will receive interest at the regular every day rate (1.5% as of Dece‍mber 1‍0, 20‍18). This bonus offer may be changed, extended or withdrawn without notice. Interest is calculated daily based on the daily closing balance. Interest is paid monthly. If the Account is closed before the end of a calendar month or before the end of the offer period, you will forfeit interest at the bonus rate that accrued from the beginning of the particular month in which the Account was closed. Rates are quoted as of Dece‍mber 1‍0, 20‍18 and are subject to change without notice.

** Current rate subject to change without notice
6 replies
Aug 4, 2018
48 posts
168 upvotes
Yes - had gotten similar e-mailed offer, which first appeared to be mentioned today over at RFD Deals section as "[Canadian Tire] (Targeted) CTFS High Interest Savings 3.2% until June 30, 2019"

However, had for now squirreled away most of the recent temporary cash accumulation available outside long term investments and more debit accessible and flexible "spending" HISA from Alterna Bank to EQ's 3.3% 90-day GIC. Disliked that CTFS got rid of their ATM card access.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
1268 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
good deal, had account with them for more than 10 years now, finally they are getting aggressive!
Mar 15, 2011
427 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
I knew CT had banking accounts, but did they not have fraud on their cc a few years ago?

If no CT ATM access, how does one transfer between acvounts?
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2009
9874 posts
5602 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
GreenFinGirl wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 12:22 am
I knew CT had banking accounts, but did they not have fraud on their cc a few years ago?

If no CT ATM access, how does one transfer between acvounts?
Via "me to me" transfers. Setup via account linking.

No bill pay out of CTFS HISA.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Jun 6, 2016
361 posts
241 upvotes
Scarborough, ONT
Messerschmitt wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 10:49 pm
What? CT has banking accounts now?
I think they always have... But hardly anybody knows about it / uses them.