Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

FryPan on sales!

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2018 4:40 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2014
2363 posts
3541 upvotes
Woah! wrote: Here's yet another one...going old school with the Queen of Homemakers...Martha.

Yowza!!!
That's a lot of Crisco, and I didn't even see a final wipe to remove the excess before putting 'em in the oven.
I hope she had good home insurance. Winking Face
No worries, she probably can afford to burn down a house or two.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2014
2363 posts
3541 upvotes
Henckels 4-Cup Egg Poacher, 20 cm, IN-STORE CLEARANCE: $17.93, was $69.99 seems to be a good deal, cheaper than the $24.99 sale price at Zwilling. A lot of stores are OOS or not selling at the clearance price. Eglinton & Caledonia store has 6 in stock at $17.93.

Canadian Tire link

Zwilling link
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2004
12900 posts
13098 upvotes
djpr wrote: This Wok has great reviews.

Lagostina Ticino Wok, 11-in
That's a Chinese favorite. Whenever it goes under $25, they get cleared out very quick.

But if you worry about the Teflon coating, you should rotate out every 6 months or 1 year, depends on how often you use it or how scratchy are your utensils you used on it.
Oct 15, 2012
442 posts
461 upvotes
Sudbury
Most business owners know that the sale price is typically what an item should sell for; retail pricing or in the business world known as "sucker pricing" is where retailers enjoy huge margins (in a lot of cases)--this fry pan pricing is an excellent example; CTC is still making a profit at this price point. Don't ever think you are getting a steal--that's a marketing illusion! Happy shopping RFD'ers :)
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3232 posts
2876 upvotes
GTA Ontario
HailHydra wrote: Wow thanks for this post. Is it possible to season non stick pans like the Rock pans? And can I use canola oil or corn oil isntead of flaxseed?
It might be possible to season a non-stick pan, but the problem is the seasoning won't stick! You'd probably need to sand off the non-stick coating first. Unless you're talking about a hard-anodized pan or a ceramic pan, in which case I don't think you can really sand it. But you shouldn't need to season a non-stick pan. On any kind of non-stick pan, don't use cooking spray because the propellant gums up the pan over time and kills the non-stick (which you can scrub off but it won't be good as new); and don't use it on high heat (non-stick pans are not good for searing or browning food). And if you have the Teflon-type coated pan, don't use metal utensils or scrubbers. If you want to use high heat, you need cast iron, carbon steel, stainless steel, or aluminum, and you need to get in the habit of waiting for the pan to heat up first, then adding the oil, then the food - and expect the food (or meat anyway) to stick at least a bit until it's crusted enough to release; and expect to put a little more effort into cleaning the pan.
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10408 posts
1123 upvotes
Toronto
I need a frying pan to fry eggs and stuff, that will not warp!!!
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2011
5776 posts
3926 upvotes
Toronto and London
I have the heritage the rock and have been using it for over 4 years.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1312 posts
1187 upvotes
Hongcouver
I don't even need a frying pan and don't even care if these are cheap or not, I need to give a thumbs up for all the work Op put in!!
CheapBuddy wrote: thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
Jan 23, 2013
147 posts
150 upvotes
vonblock wrote: Why?

Unless you need to sear meat at very high temperature, Teflon is much more convenient.
Yes, Teflon is convenient and according to manufacturer also safe to ingest. Just insure to not have birds in your kitchen when heating up your pan, as the Teflon fumes will kill them.
Once I heard that I decided not to expose my kids to this allegedly perfectly safe coating. I switched to stainless and carbon steel pans. Convenience factor decreased, the taste of food improved, no regrets.
Jan 23, 2013
147 posts
150 upvotes
vonblock wrote: Why?

Unless you need to sear meat at very high temperature, Teflon is much more convenient.
Yes, Teflon is convenient and according to manufacturer also safe to ingest. Just insure to not have birds in your kitchen when heating up your pan, as the Teflon fumes will kill them.
Once I heard that I decided not to expose my kids to this allegedly perfectly safe coating. I switched to stainless and carbon steel pans. Convenience factor decreased, the taste of food improved, no regrets.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5408 posts
6418 upvotes
Are any of the non-stick wok/pan don't warp over long period of use?
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5259 posts
3660 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
szostalo wrote: Yes, Teflon is convenient and according to manufacturer also safe to ingest. Just insure to not have birds in your kitchen when heating up your pan, as the Teflon fumes will kill them.
If your Teflon fume, your pan is too hot and you're destroying it.

Otherwise Teflon fume is only an irritant for human lung. Unless of course you spend months breathing it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)