Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Globe Smart Plug - $9.99 (April 5th - 11th)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2020 11:13 pm
May 21, 2019
49 posts
24 upvotes
1_blue_pixel wrote: The app randomly forgets plugs that were already paired to it. Sometimes they just disappear from the list altogether or the schedule inside the plug disappears and becomes unchangeable because the app doesn't see it.

Pretty frustrating. I factory reset the plugs that did that, but then the app forgot the re-paired one again.
Same here, complete piece of junk. Wish I could return them, they're unusable.
Mar 24, 2019
5 posts
4 upvotes
FYI - I was able to get these to work with apple homekit.

I couldn't find anything online but if you add them through the TuyaSmart app and use the homebridge-tuya-web plugin for homebridge.

All 3 plugs now show up in homekit now :)

They seem like great plugs for the money. I'm not a huge fan of the blue led indicator. It kind of makes the white case glow blue. I might end up opening them and cutting off that led or swapping it for white.
Jan 6, 2012
198 posts
59 upvotes
Brandon
SmartSupport wrote: Hi There,

Thank you for clarifying, however regarding this function, we are currently in the beta testing stages of this function. Once development is finished, we will update the plug’s cloud firmware. - So no need to buy a new plug.

Please see the attached screenshot for reference
Any update to the new firmware??
"DOORBUSTER" - LENOVOGATE 2014 😥
Jun 14, 2007
3 posts
Kilgard, BC
Picked up a couple of these while they were on sale at Cdn Tire. Although they can be a little tricky to get into pairing mode sometimes, persistence pays off. I flashed a couple of them with TASMOTA almost right away and converted the rest later. Use the latest TuyaOTA conversion program and it can all be done without cracking the case open. Nice to be able to flash TASMOTA on these and isolate them from the Chinese cloud. I hope that future plugs are not firmware updated to prevent this.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
2101 posts
572 upvotes
Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
They work with Hassio using the tuya setting. No flashing required. The source was selling 2 for 19$ plus they sent me a 10$ off so got them for 5$ each. For that price I can't complain.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)