• Oct 19th, 2018 12:27 pm
[OP]
Sep 15, 2015
442 posts
357 upvotes
Abbotsford

[Canadian Tire] Graphite Hammer **$4.99**

On sale from OCT 12th to 18th,
This is a sweet hammer. I purchased one at full price ($19.99) last week (will be going in for a price adjustment) as the wood handle on my older hammer broke.
Excellent quality head and handle.
The head has a notch for a nail, including a magnet to hold it there (great for starting a nail in a hard to reach location).
Trust me - steal of a deal. By two and give one to a mate for xmas.
Excellent for a secret Santa gift at work ;)

****LIFETIME WARRANTY**** so keep the receipt.
Thread Summary
dead deal
32 replies
Feb 7, 2018
56 posts
178 upvotes
Well. I had 2 of this hammer. It's ok for home use but I believe you don't want bring it to work. It's on sale most time for $5.99. Overall worth the price but don't except too much.

I would rather go to summit tools get a dewalt 14 oz framing hammer for $35. Make me feel happy when I swing it.
Nov 12, 2012
563 posts
209 upvotes
Calgary
For this price, it's perfect to put aside with the camping gear
Dec 20, 2014
24 posts
35 upvotes
East St Paul, MB
I bought two of these a few years back during a similar sale. One of them is still fine, the head came lose on the second one. Decent grip. OK balance. The face is quite large, which I don't really like, but some might like. I think I tried the magnetic nail starter once, and personally didn't really like it... but it doesn't really get in the way if you don't need/want it. Not a bad tool for casual use and the price is hard to beat, but I wouldn't be %100 confident using this as my daily driver.
May 22, 2015
195 posts
235 upvotes
Vancouver
Lots of vibration off this hamner, your wrist and forearm will get sore fast if you're using this for long periods. 20 oz. is pretty big for home use, 14 oz. would be more practical for most people.

I bought this hammer when I demolished my basement, it's great for clawing off drywall once you've been through with a sledge. That's about it.

Definitely not a tradesman quality tool but $5 ain't bad.
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
14947 posts
4283 upvotes
Good hammer, however it rusts easily
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Jun 11, 2010
860 posts
445 upvotes
ottawa
I still have the estwing hammer from the crazy $10 sale and PM'd at HD for extra 10%: lowes-canada-deal-dead-estwing-20-oz-st ... o-2174931/

It goes on sale for around $15-20 every now and then, but it's an amazing hammer with very little knockback/vibrations. I would grab that on sale unless you need one immediately.
Oct 17, 2010
977 posts
356 upvotes
Newmarket, Ontario
Estwing or nothing. Nothing that ive used can compare to them. (i know better hammers exist)
[OP]
Sep 15, 2015
442 posts
357 upvotes
Abbotsford
Titanium hammers are the way to go. But guess what - you could buy 24 of these Master-craft bad boys for the same price.
There is no debate - this hammer is not for a builder to use as a daily driver - buy a $100+ hammer for that.
But lets be honest - 98% of people on redflagdeals are not builders looking for a cheap hammer. This is aimed at the weekend warrior that puts up a fence or a deck etc.
If it breaks - take it back for a replacement. All products have faults and defects occasionally.
on reflection I now sound like a shill........... great.
Anyway - my 5 cents = this is the BEST hammer that you can buy under $10. (including a lifetime guarantee).

That is all.
When I did my price adjustment (no problems ) there was ONE left on the shelf. And that was at 10am.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1031 posts
201 upvotes
Winnipeg
Thx Op,
Picking up 2 right now
Le_arned to Churn now I use it as my hanrness.
Buy low sell high, always make a way to get what you want!💪😁👌
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
10338 posts
2084 upvotes
barqers wrote:
Oct 12th, 2018 11:09 am
I still have the estwing hammer from the crazy $10 sale and PM'd at HD for extra 10%: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/lowes-ca ... o-2174931/

It goes on sale for around $15-20 every now and then, but it's an amazing hammer with very little knockback/vibrations. I would grab that on sale unless you need one immediately.
Damn, wish I had seen that deal!
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2676 posts
1287 upvotes
Calgary
barqers wrote:
Oct 12th, 2018 11:09 am
I still have the estwing hammer from the crazy $10 sale and PM'd at HD for extra 10%: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/lowes-ca ... o-2174931/

yup I picked up mine on this deal & pm'd at the HD close by work. this is a great hammer that'll last a lifetime as I really cant see any situation where I can destroy the Eastwing. that said, its over 2x heavier so its a case of pick your poison.
Jun 11, 2010
860 posts
445 upvotes
ottawa
scotsum wrote:
Oct 15th, 2018 9:54 pm
yup I picked up mine on this deal & pm'd at the HD close by work. this is a great hammer that'll last a lifetime as I really cant see any situation where I can destroy the Eastwing. that said, its over 2x heavier so its a case of pick your poison.
Is it?? I thought they were both 20oz but I could be wrong :)