Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Henckels Knife Block Sets (60 to 71% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2017 12:40 pm
[OP]
Aug 20, 2015
209 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto

[Canadian Tire] Henckels Knife Block Sets (60 to 71% off)

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/henck ... p.html#srp
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/henck ... p.html#spc
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/henck ... p.html#srp

Three henckel knife block sets are on sale at Canadian Tire.

Henckels Classic Forged Knife Block Set, 14-pc $169.99 (Was $599.99, 71% off)
Henckels Fine Edge Forged Knife Block Set $149.99 (Was $399.99, 60% off)
Henckels Fine Edge Definition Knife Block Set, 14-pc $99.99 (Was $249.99, 60% off)

Buy online, pick it up at your local store option is available.
20 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
1623 posts
486 upvotes
These are the low quality Chinese made Henckels, don't buy, waste of money.
iamalittlepepper wrote:
Aug 13th, 2012 2:55 am
Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote:
Jan 13th, 2015 12:56 pm
you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1053 posts
646 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Henckels Classic Forged Knife Block Set, 14-pc $169.99 (Was $599.99, 71% off)

Regular price seems like inflated, really 71% off? As these are "one man" knife set...
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2256 posts
276 upvotes
Burlington
Skip these low end sets, and buy a couple good knives at Henckels warehouse sale this weekend. You'll be way ahead.
Free Nortel tips and tricks blog, as well as second opinion on a move to VoIP (for my RFD friends).
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
1076 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
i think costco regularly has the forged one (first link) for $201 online, and the price is $189 at CT now
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
1285 posts
306 upvotes
Toronto
If you want quality, look for the "Zwilling" aka "double man". If you see the single man, stay away.
Dec 27, 2007
900 posts
149 upvotes
Edmonton
CDN Tire's business practice is, set a insane jacked up retail price. Post a sell price that is probably what it should sell for anyway, and people think they're saving a huge amount and buy when they actually just paid retail regularly
Feb 24, 2017
71 posts
11 upvotes
jellytime wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 12:21 am
If you want quality, look for the "Zwilling" aka "double man". If you see the single man, stay away.
Face With Tears Of Joy Oh man, you guys.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2004
1752 posts
172 upvotes
Burlington
I've been looking to replace my knife set. I've been thinking about just getting a few Twin Master. Not the best but robust and decently priced. I really just want a decent chef knife, Santoku and a bunch of bone/pairing knives. Right now I use the steak knives that come with my set for a lot of my cutting so I can grab a clean one.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1332 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto
smeeae wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 7:45 am
Face With Tears Of Joy Oh man, you guys.
I know eh? they are so mean.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
1134 posts
781 upvotes
Langley, BC
70% off at Canadian Tire = regular sale price in normal stores.
Nov 4, 2009
131 posts
37 upvotes
Calgary
dj_rice wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 12:37 am
CDN Tire's business practice is, set a insane jacked up retail price. Post a sell price that is probably what it should sell for anyway, and people think they're saving a huge amount and buy when they actually just paid retail regularly
Very often they're simply just stating the MSRP. And the only reason the MSRP is that high is that they can always put it on sale and make it seem like a deal. Sears and other large department stores typically do this on everything to entice you while you walk through the aisles.

The reason they do it, is it works. I think it was JC Penny a few years back tried "honest" pricing where they sold things at the best price they could to make a profit which made their sale prices barely a discount. Sales tanked and they had to revert back because the general population likes the illusion of getting a good deal.

Anyways point is, its not just cdn tire, its an industry practice... which unfortunately works.
[OP]
Aug 20, 2015
209 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
Casper wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 11:06 pm
Skip these low end sets, and buy a couple good knives at Henckels warehouse sale this weekend. You'll be way ahead.
Assuming I won't be able to make the warehouse sale, what other options are there that are good value?
[OP]
Aug 20, 2015
209 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
dracolnyte wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 11:57 pm
i think costco regularly has the forged one (first link) for $201 online, and the price is $189 at CT now
It's still showing as $169.99 at the Maple location. I guess it depends on the store.
Apr 27, 2017
3 posts
3 upvotes
tsingoo wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 10:54 am
Assuming I won't be able to make the warehouse sale, what other options are there that are good value?
I'd recommend avoiding CT unless you either do your research or are there to price match since CT will match and give you 20% of the price in CT money. Usually in the comments you'll see the price history of a lot of popular items. The MSRP goes up and down, much like their ethical pricing policy. Just to pass on some BIFL reddit tips I've found accurate if you're looking for good knives, 1) don't buy a block for the same price as 3 good knives 2) know the composition of the blade/steel will help with maintaining the blade (e.g. don't take a honing steel to knife unless you know what you are doing)

Not much of a deal by RFD standards but if you are in the market and can't wait to get Zwilling JA Henckles knives, BB&B has a 2 piece '5 Star' line Chef(or Santoku) and paring knife sets for $130-20%off without trying.

If you are looking for a 'good enough' kind of set, I've used Ginsu Chikara knives and for a low maintenance blade and for the price, i'd recommend it over the chinese/spain forged 'one-man' henckles knives you see everywhere.