Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] [Hot] Can Tire Adams Speedline Plus full set $299 (in store)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2017 5:37 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 21, 2013
595 posts
254 upvotes
GTA

[Canadian Tire] [Hot] Can Tire Adams Speedline Plus full set $299 (in store)

Price shows 499 online but instore it was 299.

I recently got the Nike irons on sale from Canadian Tire but this is a much better deal for a full set of clubs.

These are perfect for beginners to intermediate. It also comes with everything you need, and MATCHING (golf is after all a bit of a chi chi froo froo sport).

1 left at Oakville Winston park.

Comes with:
Golf bag
1 Driver
3&5 fairway woods
4&5 hybrids (big plus for me vs. 1 4 hybrid in the Nike set)
6-9 irons
Sand wedge (Tom Watson)
Putter

Overall, amazing value for money. Adams is a very reputable brand and very underrated. Nike quit the golf club business in 2016. Brand loyalty aside, this is a far better deal.

Reviews
http://www.professionalgolfshopper.com/ ... .html#2615
Images
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by georgecantstandya on Nov 5th, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
14 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
1097 posts
706 upvotes
Montreal, QC
"page not found"
Both of the links don't work for me...
[OP]
Dec 21, 2013
595 posts
254 upvotes
GTA
Alekxqin wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 4:48 pm
"page not found"
Both of the links don't work for me...
Works fine for me on mobile my dude... Not sure what to tell you.

Canadian tire also has a search function.
Images
  • upload.png
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2014
1012 posts
443 upvotes
The 6
Ok, set to introduce your teen to golf. But if you are golfing to network this set says, "I am a beginner, lack sophistication plus I am thrifty" IMHO.

Go with a better brand and cut corners elsewhere!
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1078 posts
236 upvotes
DrunkenStupor wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 5:12 pm
Ok, set to introduce your teen to golf. But if you are golfing to network this set says, "I am a beginner, lack sophistication plus I am thrifty" IMHO.

Hey,
What makes this set not suitable for anyone else but beginners? And any suggestions on what set to get instead?
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
10409 posts
1891 upvotes
Kingston
ditachan wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 5:41 pm
Hey,
What makes this set not suitable for anyone else but beginners? And any suggestions on what set to get instead?
They don't make a "statement" about how much you spent on your golf equipment even though the additional $ are of little or no benefit until you've played a while.
Probably need to spend at least $2,000 (new) to make the "statement". Buying used probably doesn't make the statement about how much you spent.

Once you've played enough to have some consistency then it is time to shop around for clubs that are more suited to your game.

This is a great deal to get you started and you can replace pieces in the future as you see fit.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
1992 posts
408 upvotes
I got the last set at my local store for $260. If you have several stores nearby, check their pricing as it may be different.
[OP]
Dec 21, 2013
595 posts
254 upvotes
GTA
ditachan wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 5:41 pm
Hey,
This is a fine set, especially for beginners.

You will always find those guys who buy a $2000+ set, yet can't hit the ball more than 100 yards. Always fun to watch. Same type of dude that leases a Mercedes and complained on RFD about the price of gas.

Adams golf is not a subpar brand by any means and used by some pros. However, they do not spend the same ad money as Taylor made/Titleist etc. That said, this set is lower down on the list of their offerings, however it is a fine set.
Jun 16, 2012
287 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto. ON
DrunkenStupor wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 5:12 pm

Back when I was my late teens, used to work with this older guy in his late 30s. First time I golfed with him, shows up on his 10speed, with a 1940's argyle bag, with a 3iron, 7iron, pw and putter, goes on to shoot 2 over par, 6700yd course. Was soooo tempted at first, and soooo lucky not to put cash down on that game..

Buying that beginner set may make you seem that way you mentioned, though I'm pretty sure 10-1 would respect that more than that person who spends on that brand name $500 driver they can't hit 50 yards.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1078 posts
236 upvotes
georgecantstandya wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 7:16 pm
This is a fine set, especially for beginners.

You will always find those guys who buy a $2000+ set, yet can't hit the ball more than 100 yards. Always fun to watch. Same type of dude that leases a Mercedes and complained on RFD about the price of gas.

Adams golf is not a subpar brand by any means and used by some pros. However, they do not spend the same ad money as Taylor made/Titleist etc. That said, this set is lower down on the list of their offerings, however it is a fine set.
I actually have an Adams S Hybrid in my set and love it and would recommend the brand to players looking for a decent set to use regularly. They are owned by Taylormade and are great value. I was just curious if DrunkenStupor knew anything about actually playing golf but seems like they are the all show no go type.
Dec 15, 2006
416 posts
107 upvotes
Ottawa
I picked up one of these with my 10% off GC. Looking forward to swinging them in the spring (or maybe a heated, covered driving range).
Dec 15, 2006
416 posts
107 upvotes
Ottawa
georgecantstandya wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 5:01 pm
Works fine for me on mobile my dude... Not sure what to tell you.

Canadian tire also has a search function.
Both links are messed up.

The review link has all kinds of extra crap in it. I got it to work by shortening it to: http://www.professionalgolfshopper.com/ ... .html#2615

Every web site has a search function. It's much easier for the OPs to post a working link than for dozens+ of users to go to the web site and search.
Dec 15, 2006
416 posts
107 upvotes
Ottawa
These are $305.09 all in if you use a 10% off CT GC.