Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] HOT! Henckels Fine Edge Forged Knife Block Set 14-pc $99.99 Dec 7-13

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2017 7:02 pm
Dec 31, 2016
17 posts
4 upvotes
I got this set and enjoy it. Most people don’t realize that it comes with 2 empty slots though.
Nov 15, 2009
35 posts
11 upvotes
I don't know knife, how does this compare to Amazon premium set? Thanks.
Apr 27, 2017
4 posts
4 upvotes
Just my personal opinion: My parents bought a similar CT 'exclusive' set for their vacation house in BC back in the summer and it does a good enough job to cover their needs. They are prone to water staining (likely steel quality) and my parents use maybe the steak knives + 3 of the blades but aside from that probably good enough for normal use.....That being said this set goes on sale quite often as I was knife shopping for my home for most of this year. Don't be sticker shocked with the $200 savings, CT's MSRP seem to hit the moon as status quo if you read most comments.

If your overall goal is to cover all your knife needs as long as it cuts, you can usually get a set like this in the $80 range in some sort of sale/coupon fashion. If they ever go back in stock/on sale, Ginsu Chikara forge series makes a great all in one set for standard kitchenware.

Personally, I ended up following a /r/BIFL (buy it for life) and picked pieces I knew I would use to afford some better quality. Bought two decent knives; a zwilling(two man henckles) set '5-star' 8"chef & 4"paring from BB&B, and then bought 12 hamilton steak knives from costco (~$30), and a 2-pack of kitchen scissors for ~$140 total. As usually if its not a dicing vegetable, fish, or a larger cut of meat worth using a chef knife on, I'm usually just taking a steak knife to it anyways.
Sep 16, 2016
10 posts
1 upvote
At first, I am sorry for asking on wrong thread but I am not sure where to ask.
I got Zwilling kramer euroline essential knife last time and now I am researching honing steel.
I just wonder if I can use any common honing steel from any brands?
I think I should consider the hardness of knife??
The blade is made of professional FC61 special steel, hardened to approx. 61 Rockwell.
please recommend any cheap and decent honing steel for my knife.