Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Canadian Tire] Mastercraft 100 pieces screwdrivers & bits set - $26.99

Nov 19, 2015
12 posts
32 upvotes
Westmount, QC

[Canadian Tire] Mastercraft 100 pieces screwdrivers & bits set - $26.99

Just stopped by Canadian Tire at place vertu in Montreal and they have a 100 pieces mastercraft screwdrivers, drivers and bits Set on sale for 26.99$. Regular price 149.99$. This is scorching hot, not sure if every Canadian Tire has this deal so don't take my word for it, but worth checking out.
Also, I don't post here often, please go easy fellas!
Photos for proof:
http://i.imgur.com/v5OXLJI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/T8KvHTW.jpg
24 replies
Jan 19, 2006
84 posts
66 upvotes
Castlegar BC
Appears to be this set, which is listed at that sale price for me on the site.
Oct 11, 2004
845 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
wow that regular price seems inflated
Jun 3, 2007
202 posts
165 upvotes
newdeal wrote: wow that regular price seems inflated
Basically a $30 set on sale for $27.

Typical CT sale of all overpriced tools
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
8554 posts
5570 upvotes
Trudostan
walterk wrote: Basically a $30 set on sale for $27.

This. 80% off every other week, mastercraft tools are just rebranded generics that are made by the same chinese company that also makes the modern sears craftsman. Okay quality at around $20 as long as you are aware of what you are buying.

If this were mastercraft maximum, this would be indeed hot. Maximum are allegedly made by Stanley or Danaher, though they can switch suppliers at anytime.
SAMSUNG SUCKS! NO SSD WARRANTY IN CANADA > https://forums.redflagdeals.com/has-any ... d-2098075/
Jan 16, 2016
78 posts
33 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Honestly when it comes to Mastercraft hand tools you can't go wrong. The regular and the Maximum lines both have a lifetime warranty. Just bring it in store and they will swap it out. If they hassle you for your receipt ask for the manager as obviously the employee does not know the exchange policy/warranty.

I have only had to exchange a socket wrench once, and a single screwdriver.

Only buy these when they are on sale, their "regular" price is super overinflated and I doubt anyone ever pays the full price
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2013
1569 posts
1329 upvotes
Toronto
Lul at insulated tools.
There is no reason to work live for the home gamer.
If you are an electrician with live work endorsement and live permit and you are using mastercraft screwdrivers....then I got nothing to say.
Please don't work live.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2015
1019 posts
2157 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Made from the finest Thaitanium.
Used to be great, now the tips wear off real quick

Kind of annoying to go back every week to exchange a Phillips
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2012
1232 posts
732 upvotes
Victoria
The words "Canadian Tire" and "hot" should never be uttered in the same breath.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2010
1020 posts
462 upvotes
SickDealBro wrote: Honestly when it comes to Mastercraft hand tools you can't go wrong. The regular and the Maximum lines both have a lifetime warranty. Just bring it in store and they will swap it out. If they hassle you for your receipt ask for the manager as obviously the employee does not know the exchange policy/warranty.

I have only had to exchange a socket wrench once, and a single screwdriver.

Only buy these when they are on sale, their "regular" price is super overinflated and I doubt anyone ever pays the full price
How does exchanging individual tools work?

Do they rip apart a whole set to pull out the single screwdriver you are replacing? Or do they have giant bins of loose Mastercraft tools in the back or something?
Jan 16, 2016
78 posts
33 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
allyourbase wrote: How does exchanging individual tools work?

Do they rip apart a whole set to pull out the single screwdriver you are replacing? Or do they have giant bins of loose Mastercraft tools in the back or something?
They do have the screwdrivers for sale individually for the common ones, I replaced a Robertson #1 screwdriver that the tip had stripped out after heavy use. They grabbed one from the rack and I was on my way!

Friend of mine needed a replacement for an insulated screwdriver and they opened up a package to pull out a new one for him. He was pleasantly surprised that the lifetime warranty works.

So I guess it just depends on which took it is, but I've seen them give single replacements right from the shelf to opening up packages to give a replacement.

As for the power tools they offer, that's another story.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
1764 posts
156 upvotes
Price is not bad but the regular price is inflated for most tools at CT, that's why they can have weekly sales of 60-80% off.
Dec 3, 2009
307 posts
149 upvotes
Simcoe County
I got this set boxing week. Similar price. What I can say is there are a few pieces that are decent. The rest are terrible quality. Maybe I got a bad set or maybe they really just cheap. Thankfully it was just a spare set.

I will say not all tools at CT are terrible. I have the Maximum "Professional" Impact socket set and it's quite nice. I've used it extensively on two car restorations as well as routine maintenance.

Even at 26.99 IMO this set isn't worth it.
Jun 13, 2011
784 posts
502 upvotes
At this price just buy a Picquic from Homedepot. Quality drivers and saves a huge amount of space in your toolbox.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1801 posts
1266 upvotes
walterk wrote: Basically a $30 set on sale for $27.

Uh huh. I bought this set a few years ago. It'll do the job but boy did they use cheap unhardened metal for those screwdrivers. All the bits are chewed up, and the precision ones had next to no use. I always used the proper size and didn't over torque when putting screws in, too.

The only mastercraft screw drivers that are worth anything at this point are those full tang, "diamond" coated heavy duty/destruction set... and only because they're made to be treated roughly and hold up to moderate and heavy use(ergonomics arnt great)
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10483 posts
7613 upvotes
ON
mwahahaa wrote: The words "Canadian Tire" and "hot" should never be uttered in the same breath.
My car was smoking and hot after taking it to Canadian Tire for maintenance.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4995 posts
2427 upvotes
Markham
I paid $19 a couple weeks ago.
Expected usage is gonna be fairly low. Just allows me to avoid borrowing tools for the odd job
Feb 11, 2015
216 posts
648 upvotes
Winnipeg
I got this one for 19.99 plus tax two weeks ago.
May 5, 2016
771 posts
1071 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
We all have our 'meh' CT stories, but I gotta say these are good screwdriver sets. Bought a similar one last year and still love it. Good buy.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)