Each strand has 8 lights.
25 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
1923 posts
1520 upvotes
Canada
Thanks.
There is also multicolor and white option for the same price. https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/noma ... p.html#srp
Also LED snowflake projector for $19.93 https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/noma ... p.html#srp
It's nice that you can pay clearance price online and pick up in store
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
1691 posts
512 upvotes
B.C.
Anyone ever notice a bunch of transport truck trailers behind your local canadian tire (or shipping containers)? They're likely full of seasonal stuff like this and the store owners will hold on to it until next season unlike many large chain stores that will discount it or send it back to the distribution centre to be liquidated.

I'm amazed that they continue to do it because of the labour costs to pull this stuff out of storage, dust it off, label it, merchandise it and then pack it back up again and put it in storage.
Dec 16, 2007
467 posts
76 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks OP. I’m considering getting this. Would be nice for baby’s first Christmas.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2014
1200 posts
625 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Has anyone ever seen projectors with maple leaf patterns? I'd buy one of those for Canada Day.
Sep 1, 2014
46 posts
21 upvotes
Calgary, AB
lennyandcarl wrote:
Oct 19th, 2018 11:52 am
Anyone ever notice a bunch of transport truck trailers behind your local canadian tire (or shipping containers)? They're likely full of seasonal stuff like this and the store owners will hold on to it until next season unlike many large chain stores that will discount it or send it back to the distribution centre to be liquidated.I'm amazed that they continue to do it because of the labour costs to pull this stuff out of storage, dust it off, label it, merchandise it and then pack it back up again and put it in storage.
Friggen explains why on boxing day they NEVER put anything xmas on for 50% off, they do 15-20% off the crappy stuff. It kills me because I really like the Noma lights, the colours are a little different but I can't justify full price on Christmas stuff, not when ever other store does 50%+ off.
Aug 21, 2011
567 posts
244 upvotes
Whitby
Awesome, thanks OP and the next person. Ordered one in each, will try out all, keep one and return the others.
Koodo Mobile | Public Mobile
Jul 22, 2015
209 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto, ON
limee89 wrote:
Oct 19th, 2018 12:30 pm
Friggen explains why on boxing day they NEVER put anything xmas on for 50% off, they do 15-20% off the crappy stuff. It kills me because I really like the Noma lights, the colours are a little different but I can't justify full price on Christmas stuff, not when ever other store does 50%+ off.
explains why Walmarts clearance is always 50% off usually before spring
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2005
1069 posts
81 upvotes
Vancouver
shows up 39.97 at the market crossing burnaby location, grandview hwy vancouver still shows full price. Almost all other stores its $9.93
Graphic Designer
Aug 11, 2007
67 posts
23 upvotes
GVR
From my experience, if you try to order seasonal items on clearance for in store pick up, they usually get cancelled especially if it's out of season. They will say they can't find it or it's not in stock and the website is wrong. It's a great deal if you can get it but don't have high hopes on your local Canadian Tire to actually find it in their seasonal storage.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
1691 posts
512 upvotes
B.C.
limee89 wrote:
Oct 19th, 2018 12:30 pm
Yup. Canadian tire store owners (aka dealers) are terrible for this. They also get reimbursed by corporate for discounting discontinued stuff - but after a certain amount of time corporate completely writes off the old stock and removed the credit. This is why they'll have newer clearance stock for 50% off and something super old will be 20% off (like VHS Tapes they have in the clearance bin at my local CT!).
Superjester wrote:
Oct 19th, 2018 1:14 pm
explains why Walmarts clearance is always 50% off usually before spring
I don't know what Walmart does with the leftovers but I'd be curious to find out. You almost never find a clearance pile at Walmart, but usually when you do it's heavily discounted.
hootio wrote:
Oct 19th, 2018 1:22 pm
From my experience, if you try to order seasonal items on clearance for in store pick up, they usually get cancelled especially if it's out of season. They will say they can't find it or it's not in stock and the website is wrong. It's a great deal if you can get it but don't have high hopes on your local Canadian Tire to actually find it in their seasonal storage.
When I worked at CT we had someone show up who was referred by another store and everyone was searching for the item and finally one of the managers said it was out in the truck. They told the customer if they paid the $300 to the local trucker they hired to shuffle the trailers around they would get them the item - or they could wait till the seasons change. (we had two trailers that were accessible from the loading dock with two more parked in front of them). I hope CT has figured out a way to hide this stuff from inventory.
Aug 21, 2011
567 posts
244 upvotes
Whitby
hootio wrote:
Oct 19th, 2018 1:22 pm
True, in my case they cancelled one of the lights. I checked in-store, the guy using the gun said it's in the warehouse back let me go pick it up for you. So I think whoever was handling my store pickup order was lazy to go to warehouse.
Koodo Mobile | Public Mobile
Oct 6, 2010
190 posts
202 upvotes
Markham
Sievert wrote:
Oct 19th, 2018 12:29 pm
Has anyone ever seen projectors with maple leaf patterns? I'd buy one of those for Canada Day.
Check here

Not for sale yet though : This product is expected to be available on October 26, 2018.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2003
1712 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
Bought 3 sets from Queensway a few weeks ago. They’re very nice for 10 bucks.