Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Mastercraft Maximum Router Combo $99.99 - Lowest Price Ever

Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
3363 posts
1990 upvotes
Review

The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Usenet
Deal Addict
May 24, 2004
2354 posts
571 upvotes
Exactly the item you need. Roundover and a straight flush cutting bit and you're in business!

I'd grab this as you're unlikely to find a router with plunge base as well as a handheld for this price. I'll be using mine in a router table.
Dec 29, 2011
192 posts
169 upvotes
Sherwood Park
Just picked this up. Thanks for the deal! I've been watching this for a year now and really considered biting at $129. Glad I waited.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4679 posts
3970 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
Buy or make a router table, and mount the router into it. In my experience, feeding the wood into the bit is way easier than trying to manhandle the router across the wood.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1284 posts
486 upvotes
BC
Anyone buying the router for later use should try it out to make sure there are no defects.

Mine has a problem with the 1/2" collet that causes the router bit to wobble. I waited too long before I realized there was a defect, so I can't get an exchange unit. However CT will take the router back for repair since it has a 5 year warranty, although they said it could take a month. In this case all they need to do is get a new collet which should be cheap and easy.

BTW the collet is made from an inner part and a nut that are held together by a tight fit, they can be separated with a bit of force.

-----------------
Interesting that this router is now in the second week of being priced low at $99.99. Maybe they are blowing them out before releasing an updated version.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2536 posts
1726 upvotes
Kitchener
baymoe wrote: Exactly the item you need. Roundover and a straight flush cutting bit and you're in business!

I'd grab this as you're unlikely to find a router with plunge base as well as a handheld for this price. I'll be using mine in a router table.
What router table will you use?
Deal Addict
May 24, 2004
2354 posts
571 upvotes
keyser-soze wrote:
What router table will you use?
Mine will be mounted on the end of a Ridgid table saw. If you're going with a dedicated router table, have a look at Busybeetools. Just remember to clamp it to a heavy/sturdy table as these router tables tend to shift and move while chewing wood.

Router Table
Nov 21, 2009
486 posts
295 upvotes
Moncton
adams7 wrote: Anyone buying the router for later use should try it out to make sure there are no defects.

Mine has a problem with the 1/2" collet that causes the router bit to wobble. I waited too long before I realized there was a defect, so I can't get an exchange unit. However CT will take the router back for repair since it has a 5 year warranty, although they said it could take a month. In this case all they need to do is get a new collet which should be cheap and easy.

BTW the collet is made from an inner part and a nut that are held together by a tight fit, they can be separated with a bit of force.
Based on your previous post, I checked both my 1/2" collets with my calipers and they appear to have 2 slots cut slightly longer on each end. Both are made the same so I assume it's how they're manufactured. I also performed the test as you did by placing a small piece of wood on the bearing of my flush trim bit and found no wobble with either collet. If you're still thinking it's just the collet, here's the Amazon link to the Bosch which fits the Mastercraft. FYI, the photo on Amazon shows the 1/4' even though the listing is for the 1/2".
-----------------
Interesting that this router is now in the second week of being priced low at $99.99. Maybe they are blowing them out before releasing an updated version.
Who knows but I think it's just part of their 95th anniversary tool sale. The reciprocating saw I got on sale last week is on sale again this week as well. Quite a few tools actually.
Sep 4, 2006
570 posts
334 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah it's a 3 week deal on a bunch of tools,from their "tools guide" flyer.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2016
1562 posts
541 upvotes
Vaughan
baymoe wrote: Mine will be mounted on the end of a Ridgid table saw. If you're going with a dedicated router table, have a look at Busybeetools. Just remember to clamp it to a heavy/sturdy table as these router tables tend to shift and move while chewing wood.

Router Table
curious how you mounted it to your rigid table saw. I have the R4513.
Mar 11, 2011
485 posts
235 upvotes
GTA
I bought the 84 piece kit for 84.99 last week. I tried a few of them and they seem to be great. But its my first time using a Router so not sure if its good or not.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2005
3030 posts
348 upvotes
Bought but don't have a use for it yet. (new hobbyist woodworker)

Any link to a small/starter bit set that might be a good deal would be appreciated.
Toronto Illusionist and close-up Magician.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2007
1247 posts
521 upvotes
Calgary
[quote="porksoda" post_id=28267094 time=1506302213 user_id=46793]anyone try the cdn tire router bits... there are some on sale as well.[/quote]

Daijoubu wrote: You mean this? http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maste ... 6870p.html
I'm curious as well, the MAXIMUM set no longer on sale, I think it was $90-100? Added to my sale alerts....
[/b]

I am interested as well, I need some bits as well; I am not a hardcore woodworker, but this price seem to be right.
Feb 3, 2015
117 posts
132 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
This is the bits set you need to look at ...

Here

1/2 shank is a must.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2007
1247 posts
521 upvotes
Calgary
hakimwipes wrote: This is the bits set you need to look at ...

Here

1/2 shank is a must.

Wooot.....so expensive...is there something cheaper for noobs like us? :D
Deal Addict
May 24, 2004
2354 posts
571 upvotes
otaknap wrote: curious how you mounted it to your rigid table saw. I have the R4513.
I have the R4512 and it would be something like this.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)