• Sep 15th, 2019 3:43 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2011
1718 posts
327 upvotes
Toronto

[Canadian Tire] Mastercraft Multi-Task Ladder, Grade 1A, 21-ft - $134

Looking to buy my first ladder (for inside and outside of house) and don't have too much storage space to have multiple different ladders. (Just realize sale ends today!)

Seems to me like a good deal. Comments seem to be mostly positive and it fits into compact sedan passthrough trunk/fold down back seats - package is 5.5ft long.

Pro:
-Versatile, all in 1

Con:
-Seems to on heavy side (~45lb)

Anyone who owns one and can comment?
Last edited by azybcxrfd on Sep 8th, 2019 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
15 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7771 posts
3906 upvotes
ON
azybcxrfd wrote:
Sep 8th, 2019 6:00 pm
Looking to buy my first ladder (for inside and outside of house) and don't have too much storage space to have multiple different ladders. (Just realize sale ends today!)

Seems to me like a good deal. Comments seem to be mostly positive and it fits into compact sedan back/trunk!

Pro:
-Versatile, all in 1

Con:
-Seems to on heavy side (~45lb)

Anyone who owns one and can comment?
Highly doubt it. Maybe if you fold flat the front seat and you have a passthrough trunk /fold downs back seats. Looks like a good deal nonetheless.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8718 posts
1557 upvotes
Edmonton
I have one. It's good for all the versatility but make sure you know exactly what you need. If you're using it mostly as an extension ladder just buy an extension ladder since this thing is so heavy. It comes in handy for stairs or just odd angled spaces
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2011
1718 posts
327 upvotes
Toronto
dilligafeh wrote:
Sep 8th, 2019 6:06 pm
Highly doubt it. Maybe if you fold flat the front seat and you have a passthrough trunk /fold downs back seats. Looks like a good deal nonetheless.
Oops - I meant to say it fits in "passthrough trunk/fold down" back seats - as it's 5.5ft long
May 3, 2016
125 posts
64 upvotes
Brampton
I have one almost new.. i bought it for 200 couple of months ago.. looks like not suited for me.. can give it for 120 to anyone in Brampton.
Aug 30, 2005
361 posts
8 upvotes
I have the 17 ft version I bought for $150. Decently heavy and used mainly as extension ladder. My 17ft is a bit short to allow me to get to the roof so I might look into dedicated ladder to climbing to roof.
Dec 26, 2018
19 posts
28 upvotes
Great ladder for someone who wants to get by with only one ladder. If you have the space/the money, you are much better off getting 2-3 purpose specific ladders as this one is indeed heavy AF
Feb 27, 2008
983 posts
441 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
Those heavy ladders- you risk breaking windows.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
1483 posts
1340 upvotes
Vancouver
The pros:

- It's versatile
- It folds up for more compact storage

The cons:

- It's heavy, significantly heavier than a stepladder or an extension ladder doing the same job.
- When used as an extension ladder, you have to extend it to full length first on the ground and then move it into place, as opposed to a normal extension ladder where you move it into place and then extend the ladder upwards. This means that you will be waving a long and heavy weight around in the air while hanging on to one end of it - not very ergonomic and prone to causing accidental damage as you smack into things with a ladder that's barely under control.

As I home owner I need to have one of these versatile ladders - and an extension ladder, and a stepladder, because all 3 have their separate uses. But I guess if you have limited space...
Mar 26, 2006
6 posts
TO
i find its too heavy for my needs after bringing it home, and is too long to move around in house.... will probably return it...
See one similar but max at 17' and more expensive in Costco.... Folded shorter and lighter with wheels
Jul 15, 2018
68 posts
30 upvotes
Saskatchewan
The weight of these ladders always outweighs the usefulness of the multi tasking. I have a similar one I got free from the grandparents and never use it as it is too much of a hassle to setup and take down (takes 2 people most times).

If you do not have massive ceilings in the house, I definitely recommend keeping an eye out for one of these for inside the house. They usually go on sale for $39 I think, and super handy around the house if you are working in a drop ceiling or painting, due it's stability and light weight.
Work Platform
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1658 posts
544 upvotes
Edmonton
I have one. I think its a bit beefier than this one. the weight of it honestly sucks. super annoying to lug around. better off just getting one aluminum extension ladder and one featherweight shorter fold out.

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
3002 posts
1426 upvotes
GilbertM869071 wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 12:23 pm
is it over? i saw 369 now...
Yes, it was part of their 'big red birthday weekend' (Thurs - Sun). If your local store has stock and you find a friendly CSR they may adjust the price to the sale price from the weekend but this is very much YMMV.
Jun 19, 2006
924 posts
76 upvotes
Just bought 17ft version this week from CT on sale $119, much lighter and serves all my purposes well.