Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Mastercraft Screwdriver Set, 40-pc ($14.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 3rd, 2019 9:30 am
[OP]
Aug 24, 2014
8 posts
15 upvotes
Brampton, ON

[Canadian Tire] Mastercraft Screwdriver Set, 40-pc ($14.99)

The MasterCraft Screwdriver Set 40-pc is currently down to $14.99
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mast ... p.html#spc

This is a great starter set for anyone who doesn't have a personal screwdriver set for all your basic repair needs.
11 replies
Oct 21, 2009
559 posts
427 upvotes
Ferinthu1 wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2019 8:49 am
Please help me stop buying tools. Weary Face
Simple. Give me your wallet
Jun 3, 2013
362 posts
322 upvotes
Toronto
As far as crappy tire having sets on sale every week promoting massive discounts, for a basic set, this is actually a reasonable price as I’ve been following for a couple weeks.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
1534 posts
681 upvotes
Markham
Ferinthu1 wrote:
And all your online account usernames and passwords.
-------
Thank you
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
2542 posts
1391 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
Ferinthu1 wrote:
As long as you buy good quality tools that you actually need; never. If you live in a condo and you are going to buy a Bosch Brute jack hammer because it was on sale, then maybe.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
3661 posts
1072 upvotes
Edmonton
Decent price, should serve most people for years. I dont think the CT tools are as good as the older ones, but thats just the norm for most things. For $15 you really can't beat that.

The regular price on all their tools is a joke though :)
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1758 posts
1133 upvotes
Montreal, QC
At this price it is a great deal for the average home/condo owner. Not your top of the line tools, but they get the job done, and the lifetime warranty is nice also. I use these kits at the office, and when someone breaks my phillips head tip (since the P2 screwdriver is the one we use most), I just take it to CT and get a replacement with no hassle.

However if not in a rush, you might be better off waiting for this set to go on sale for $5 more.

It includes a few sockets (always handy), and few extra bits (torx, etc..), a magnetic tray which is very useful to not lose screws, 2 insulated screwdrivers (safer for electrical work). But the best part, is that it actually includes a nice nylon carrying bag to keep it all together. For the condo owner who doesn't have large garage style toolboxes, it is definitely worth the extra $5 (when on sale every couple of weeks for $19.99) in my opinion.
Jan 16, 2018
9 posts
In for 1 today. That's a big bag of magnetic screw drivers really worth the money.
Nov 5, 2018
84 posts
107 upvotes
MrFrugal1 wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2019 11:27 am
As long as you buy good quality tools that you actually need; never. If you live in a condo and you are going to buy a Bosch Brute jack hammer because it was on sale, then maybe.
I bought a Milwaukee impact gun, for a steal for it (I think 70$) at the time with two batteries. I've used it once looool.

Waiting for the day I need the power of an impact.
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
13987 posts
2922 upvotes
Emporium wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2019 12:38 pm
At this price it is a great deal for the average home/condo owner. Not your top of the line tools, but they get the job done, and the lifetime warranty is nice also. I use these kits at the office, and when someone breaks my phillips head tip (since the P2 screwdriver is the one we use most), I just take it to CT and get a replacement with no hassle.

However if not in a rush, you might be better off waiting for this set to go on sale for $5 more.

It includes a few sockets (always handy), and few extra bits (torx, etc..), a magnetic tray which is very useful to not lose screws, 2 insulated screwdrivers (safer for electrical work). But the best part, is that it actually includes a nice nylon carrying bag to keep it all together. For the condo owner who doesn't have large garage style toolboxes, it is definitely worth the extra $5 (when on sale every couple of weeks for $19.99) in my opinion.
This is $20 this week. No demolition driver but has a bag and other pieces.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!