Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

MAXIMUM 1/2" torque wrench + 24" breaker bar

• Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2017 11:54 pm
Nov 11, 2010
264 posts
222 upvotes
Montreal

[Canadian Tire] MAXIMUM 1/2" torque wrench + 24" breaker bar

Picked this up yesterday in Laval. Plenty left.
I know it comes up for sale often but didn't see it posted on the forum
41 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
1243 posts
450 upvotes
I have never met a bolt that these cheater bars couldn't take out when impact sets struggled. Good price! I always have one in my trunk.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1704 posts
1824 upvotes
Ottawa
Good price and the breaker bar is a nice bonus.
Jan 2, 2017
415 posts
586 upvotes
Is there a real difference between these ones and the cheaper ones found on Amazon? They're about the same price when including both a torque wrench + breaker bar. I will need both eventually so if this is much better quality then I'm inclined to jump on this one more.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
Still a good deal, compared to last year's price of $59.99.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
reyoasian wrote: Tekton from Amazon you mean? They're pretty good actually for non-precision works like wheels.
However, Can Tire is usually just down the street and their lifetime warranty on the Maximum line is pretty easy.
Unfortunately, this torque wrench doesn't come with lifetime warranty.
Dec 29, 2007
57 posts
63 upvotes
The breaker bar alone seems to be on sale for $15 for those who already have the torque wrench.
Nov 27, 2009
933 posts
279 upvotes
Does this bundle include a torque wrench storage case?
Nov 11, 2010
264 posts
222 upvotes
Montreal
chev4x4 wrote: Does this bundle include a torque wrench storage case?
Yes it does! That's also one of the reasons i bought it!
Last edited by minguione78 on May 1st, 2017 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 11, 2010
264 posts
222 upvotes
Montreal
vkizzle wrote: Unfortunately, this torque wrench doesn't come with lifetime warranty.
WTF??! I thought all maximum brand tools came with lifetime warranty :(
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12459 posts
2170 upvotes
GTA
minguione78 wrote: WTF??! I thought all maximum brand tools came with lifetime warranty :(
all but torque wrench............ maybe some more...........
Mar 20, 2009
597 posts
39 upvotes
MAXIMUM means nothing now a days, I had the older Maximum Torque wrench till it broke. It had lifetime warranty. I took it back to CT and they replaced it with this and therefore only gives a 1 year warranty. I don't know if they will even honor the 1 year as I got an over the counter replacement and no receipt was given. I only realized this a few weeks after I replaced it . Pretty sneaky way to swindle out of the "lifetime warranty". Buyer beware! Nothing is forever.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
minguione78 wrote: WTF??! I thought all maximum brand tools came with lifetime warranty :(
It's a solid tool and will likely go out of calibration, well before it breaks.
For changing tires twice a year or so and at this price; can't go wrong.
Aug 4, 2006
792 posts
377 upvotes
GTA - Gwilly
fightstix wrote: MAXIMUM means nothing now a days, I had the older Maximum Torque wrench till it broke. It had lifetime warranty. I took it back to CT and they replaced it with this and therefore only gives a 1 year warranty. I don't know if they will even honor the 1 year as I got an over the counter replacement and no receipt was given. I only realized this a few weeks after I replaced it . Pretty sneaky way to swindle out of the "lifetime warranty". Buyer beware! Nothing is forever.
And that's why I like Princess Auto instead. It's on everything.
May 31, 2012
488 posts
246 upvotes
Toronto
Should I be concerned on the reliability of a torque wrench? Warranty seems like a big deciding factor?

Are there any better high-quality torque wrench brands to consider?
😃
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12459 posts
2170 upvotes
GTA
thinfilms wrote: Should I be concerned on the reliability of a torque wrench? Warranty seems like a big deciding factor?

Are there any better high-quality torque wrench brands to consider?
Better torque wrench is snap on techangle or Gearwrench digital angle or matco digital angle........
Dec 2, 2010
618 posts
968 upvotes
Toronto
Great deal but it took 5 employees to finally find it because it wasn't in the tools aisle nor in a normal place in the automotive section. Finally found it under a bunch of fluids beside the movator at the Sheppard and Leslie location in toronto with the sign blocked. It's hard to spot since they basically just packaged both in a non-descript white box.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2015
2089 posts
2090 upvotes
Durham Region
wow crappy that these dont have lifetime warranty anymore.

got mine 3 years ago when it still had the warranty for $70 or so
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
4169 posts
6806 upvotes
Langley, BC
As 2flags said, PrincessAuto... when on sale.