• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2020 12:39 pm
[OP]
Nov 7, 2018
484 posts
274 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] MAXIMUM Impact Socket Set, 37-pc- $39.99

Good for your new M12 1/2" stubby that was on sale recently
Last edited by Mrrfdxyz on Feb 27th, 2020 2:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
11 replies
Feb 8, 2009
142 posts
98 upvotes
Calgary
Good deal. Thx op..
Images
  • Untitled.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
6832 posts
981 upvotes
Toronto
No 21mm deep? That's a very common size for lugnuts.

I guess they want you to buy it separately for $15 or whatever.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
2897 posts
287 upvotes
Toronto
I have this set and it doesn't have Size 14 socket...
My Heatware Feedback: Click!
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
3450 posts
2561 upvotes
Ottawa
Inno wrote: No 21mm deep? That's a very common size for lugnuts.

I guess they want you to buy it separately for $15 or whatever.
DJ Trance AZ wrote: I have this set and it doesn't have Size 14 socket...
Looks like it - no 14 mm and 21 mm deep sockets. The 10-pc deep socket set often on sale for $19.99 has both and would be the one to get if you need those 2 sizes, I know I do all the time for my 2 vehicles.
Jan 15, 2009
65 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa
I wish they made these with 16mm and 18mm sockets, which are common on European cars.
Sep 8, 2019
101 posts
171 upvotes
Calgary
I bought the #058-9146-4 (48 pieces) just yesterday, apparently it was the last day on sale for that one, and now all the smaller ones are on sale (they weren't yesterday).

I guess I am gonna keep though, it does have some sizes the smaller ones don't, though I was waiting for this $50 one to go on sale (I was too lazy to set up notifications for all the sets they have and I've randomly set it for the 48 piece one thinking they will be all on sale at the same time anyway).

Also I've read a good trick in the reviews somewhere – once you are sure you won't be returning the kit (hell, possibly even then). Some people recommending wiping the factory oiling and then spraying them with a few coats of clear coat so that the laser etching won't wear out over time. The sizes ARE engraved too, so you can tell what is what even after the large etched size wears out, but why not make your life down the road easier in advance? I am probably gonna do it. :D
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2441 posts
376 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
jerrypaulick wrote: I bought the #058-9146-4 (48 pieces) just yesterday, apparently it was the last day on sale for that one, and now all the smaller ones are on sale (they weren't yesterday).

I guess I am gonna keep though, it does have some sizes the smaller ones don't, though I was waiting for this $50 one to go on sale (I was too lazy to set up notifications for all the sets they have and I've randomly set it for the 48 piece one thinking they will be all on sale at the same time anyway).

Also I've read a good trick in the reviews somewhere – once you are sure you won't be returning the kit (hell, possibly even then). Some people recommending wiping the factory oiling and then spraying them with a few coats of clear coat so that the laser etching won't wear out over time. The sizes ARE engraved too, so you can tell what is what even after the large etched size wears out, but why not make your life down the road easier in advance? I am probably gonna do it. :D
I want this set, just for the case lol. I have all the sockets already from collecting smaller kits over time/individuals but I would love a case. I just can't justify buying the whole kit when I have them all already Disappointed But Relieved Face
Jun 27, 2006
494 posts
121 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
gumby wrote: Looks like it - no 14 mm and 21 mm deep sockets. The 10-pc deep socket set often on sale for $19.99 has both and would be the one to get if you need those 2 sizes, I know I do all the time for my 2 vehicles.
Likely covered by an SAE size in the set