Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

MotoMaster Aluminum/Steel 3 Ton Jack $119 reg $299 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2017 11:08 pm
Jun 25, 2006
369 posts
270 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] MotoMaster Aluminum/Steel 3 Ton Jack $119 reg $299 YMMV

I saw this 3 ton aluminum/steel hydraulic jack today at my local Can Tire store which had 4 in stock. This must be an in-store special since there is nothing on this week flyer which state this is on sale. This is the lowest I seen this jack which when I bought mine 3 years ago was $149 but the lowest I seen lately has been around $179 or around there. So $119 for this bad boy regular $299 is a great deal.

The CT store location is at Cedarbrae Mall. There is no expiry on the sign.

It is a very good jack and I had this for 3 years using it lightly with no problems. Quality is descent considering what other places like Amazon and Princess Auto is selling for something similar.
Images
  • CT Jack.jpg
Last edited by deal4me on Jan 10th, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
43 replies
Deal Addict
May 26, 2005
1040 posts
965 upvotes
GVRD
What's people's opinion on this vs. the Costco 3-ton Torin jack?

It might also be limited to certain provinces... I'm in BC and it's showing $299, regular price.
Banned
Oct 17, 2016
378 posts
134 upvotes
Oshawa, Ontario
I purchased the Husky 2-1/2 ton Low Profile Jack at Home Depot for $69.98 in February 2016. So cost wise .. the MotoMaster Jack is not much of a deal here.

Home Depot has the Husky 2-1/2 ton Low profile (HD7024A-CA) now at $79.98.

At a weight of 33lbs ... it is light and mobile.

Lifting range is 3.375" to 14.375". The saddle is 2.2" in diameter.

No issues whatsoever.

I need a minimum of 4-1/2" clearance to get the Jack under my Mitsubishi Lancer. So this Jack easily slides underneath the side skirts which is at 4.75" off the ground.

IMAG6476.jpg
Last edited by SellKijijiOshawa on Jan 10th, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mitsubishi Lancer RULES.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2009
2237 posts
569 upvotes
Kelowna
I have this jack but it's red and silver from a few years ago. The thing is awesome! Lower profile, lighter than most other jacks, long handle makes the work of jacking it up (hehe) easier. The two different hydraulic pumps mean you aren't pumping many times before the jack reaches the vehicle. The rubber pad does get beat up over time, but it still works fine. I just like how much it can lift for how heavy it is. The torin jack is a lot heavier. I think this jack is like 65 lbs while the torin is closer to 90?
Last edited by Sinyk on Jan 10th, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 25, 2006
369 posts
270 upvotes
roastpuff wrote: What's people's opinion on this vs. the Costco 3-ton Torin jack?

It might also be limited to certain provinces... I'm in BC and it's showing $299, regular price.
This price is for this store but other stores may have their own special prices. It is not a flyer sale prices which are usually nation wide.

As for the Costco Torin jack that one is super heavy. The CT jack is much lighter if that is important. Costco do have a better warranty if you are not satisfied.
So pick the jack for your needs: heavy , light, quality, price, warranty, returns, etc.

I think quality wise both are good.
Nov 16, 2007
90 posts
55 upvotes
York
I just came from HomeDepot. They have a Husky 3Ton Jack + 2 Stands + Seat for $79. That seems like a better deal. Sure lighter is better but if you use it twice a year, who cares.
Feb 3, 2004
22 posts
2 upvotes
Montreal
Do you have an item number for the husker 3 ton please?
Banned
Oct 17, 2016
378 posts
134 upvotes
Oshawa, Ontario
safarim wrote: I just came from HomeDepot. They have a Husky 3Ton Jack + 2 Stands + Seat for $79. That seems like a better deal. Sure lighter is better but if you use it twice a year, who cares.
The 3 ton is not a low profile jack ... it's a standard one ... the neck is at about 7" and it might not make it under the car frame.
Mitsubishi Lancer RULES.
Jan 6, 2008
397 posts
210 upvotes
ontario
Awesome deal OP. Here in Ottawa, local store has them on sale for $209. Too rich for me, but at 119, I would buy in a heartbeat. I need a low profile jack, and light is good.

EDIT: called a few stores and all over the map: 219, 209, 197 and one at full price. Once store confirmed that the cheapest in the city is 197. thanks, but no thanks.
Nov 16, 2007
90 posts
55 upvotes
York
SellKijijiOshawa wrote: The 3 ton is not a low profile jack ... it's a standard one ... the neck is at about 7" and it might not make it under the car frame.
The lifting range for the Husky one starts at 5 1/2" vs this one at 4".
Nov 16, 2007
90 posts
55 upvotes
York
victorl wrote: Do you have an item number for the husker 3 ton please?
I didn't get the item number but it was exactly like this one. Except instead of a creeper, it was a seat.
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.3-to ... 80295.html

They had about 10+ in the Home Depot on Ellesmere and Warden. My car was packed so I didn't buy it. I'll probably go back and buy it tomorrow.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2005
1040 posts
965 upvotes
GVRD
BeapChastard wrote: I dont know why you guys are spending so much money on a fancy jack.

I use a basic one like this: http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/certi ... 1039p.html

Never had a problem with my 2 ton jack.
Faster pumping, bigger range, lighter weight.

I have a 1.5 ton aluminium Mastercraft jack that's been great but I need a 3-ton for the truck, and a higher lift range.
Banned
Oct 17, 2016
378 posts
134 upvotes
Oshawa, Ontario
safarim wrote: The lifting range for the Husky one starts at 5 1/2" vs this one at 4".
The low profile 2-1/2 ton Husky (HD7024A-CA) has a lifting range from 3.375" to 14.375".

The 3 ton Husky has a lifting range from 5.5" to 18.5" and it is not a low profile jack ... meaning if you have a car that has a clearance of less than 5.5" it would not be able to slide under the frame.
Mitsubishi Lancer RULES.
Nov 18, 2008
784 posts
341 upvotes
Toronto
have been using the Motomaster red one for many years, no issues at all, the only problem is that it's not low profile so on lowered car, it can be a little problem.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
4473 posts
3843 upvotes
Ontario
samguan wrote: so on lowered car, it can be a little problem.
Simply drive that corner of the vehicle onto one or two 2x6's before putting the jack under it.

Comparing steel jacks to aluminum jacks is like the proverbial "apples to oranges"....
Jan 7, 2016
38 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto, ON
safarim wrote: I just came from HomeDepot. They have a Husky 3Ton Jack + 2 Stands + Seat for $79. That seems like a better deal. Sure lighter is better but if you use it twice a year, who cares.
Which location has them for $79.? Curity shows $149.