Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

MotoMaster F1 Fuel Injector Cleaner 50% Off - $4.49 to $6.49

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2017 1:26 am
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1067 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Canadian Tire] MotoMaster F1 Fuel Injector Cleaner 50% Off - $4.49 to $6.49

Canadian Tire has their MotoMaster F1 Extra Strength Fuel Injector Cleaner on sale and advertised in their flyer this week from January 6th - January 12th.

$4.49 for the smaller bottle (350ml) or $6.49 for the larger bottle with measured dispenser (473ml).

I tend not to use these types of products, but it is claimed those with PEA do offer benefits (which this is said to contain). I'll be grabbing a few!

Enjoy!
65 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1067 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just a reminder this sale starts Today
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2609 posts
683 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I have a 10 year old Honda Accord.
How will my car benefit from this?
Hoping those who are interested in the deal know whey they're buying it and can shed some light for me.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2014
1849 posts
454 upvotes
Brampton
what about the redline I-1?
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1067 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto, ON
There are a lot of concerns with modern cars that feature direct injection causing carbon build-up.
A lot of people have reported improvements in idle, mileage, etc.

I wouldn't say it's a cure for something that's been neglected, however can help as preventative maintenance - particularly for people who don't often use top-tier fuels.

Have a look online, BITOG has dozens of threads for competitive products like: Redline SI, Techron, Gumout REGANE, etc. (all of which contain PEA which is what matters).
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1067 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tester85 wrote: what about the redline I-1?
Canadian Tire and and other franchised stores don't seem to sell it in Canada anymore.

There are a few indie shops that do, Precision Tuning Motorsports/77 Auto Parts in Concord do and a few others as per: https://www.redlineoil.com/dealers.aspx
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto
mobifree wrote: I have a 10 year old Honda Accord.
How will my car benefit from this?
Hoping those who are interested in the deal know whey they're buying it and can shed some light for me.
If your car has symptoms like hesitation, sluggish acceleration, rough idle, etc. a bottle fuel injector cleaner containing a high concentration of PEA (polyether amine) could help.

It's not a magic bullet though, as regular scheduled maintenance of your vehicle is always recommended.

For older vehicles, you really don't have much to lose (apart from the $6.49), I guess.
Jul 25, 2015
912 posts
734 upvotes
I tend to use a bottle about 2 tanks before a oil change.
Jan 6, 2013
214 posts
337 upvotes
JONQUIERE
Thanks for the heads up. I needed some for my car :) Was 1 small and 2 big ones left at my store in Chicoutimi.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
3327 posts
1948 upvotes
Cheaper to buy the smaller size:
$4.49 for 350mL = $0.0128/mL
$6.49 for 473mL = $0.0137/mL

Why buy the big bottle??
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
1247 posts
770 upvotes
Kitchener. Ontario
Is there any benefit of running these on a newer car? I see people often adding these every other time they refuel but that really do anything? Also, the car I drive barely gets warmed by the time I get to work, would this be a good idea to add?
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2006
1047 posts
69 upvotes
Mississauga
Allegedly, the only stuff that really works is Chevron Techron.
Unfortunately, it's not sold in Canada, but available in US.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1067 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto, ON
flyer12 wrote: Cheaper to buy the smaller size:
$4.49 for 350mL = $0.0128/mL
$6.49 for 473mL = $0.0137/mL

Why buy the big bottle??
Larger bottle comes with a measured dispenser which some people may prefer (perhaps if purchasing multiple, buy 1 large bottle and the rest in small bottles as refills?).
nayan97 wrote: Is there any benefit of running these on a newer car? I see people often adding these every other time they refuel but that really do anything? Also, the car I drive barely gets warmed by the time I get to work, would this be a good idea to add?
Short trips in cars both new or old can cause plenty of issues not only for the engine, but also with your emissions and electrical systems. I would really recommend getting out for a good highway trip every now and again to get everything up to operating temperature for a while - it will also help your battery.

I'm using it in a 2015 Mazda3 with 40,000kms. These engines are known to develop carbon deposits, and if I can prevent having to spend big money on the labor of disassembling and cleaning in a few years by using an effective product now - I certainly will.

Though only anecdotal, I feel a slight difference when the car is warming up on cold days - it feels like the engine is running smoother. The product claims to lubricate, so maybe that's what I'm sensing, or it could be placebo. :)
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1067 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Dealll wrote: Allegedly, the only stuff that really works is Chevron Techron.
. . .
Unfortunately, it's not sold in Canada, but available in US.
I'm not shooting you down, but that's a big claim! :lol:

Techron is known to have high concentrations of PEA, but I think you could easily find people who would argue Redline SI-1 is an equal or better product. I mean this in the same way you'll find Mobil1 or Castrol loyalists for motor oil - each has their following.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
3327 posts
1948 upvotes
Clayden wrote: Larger bottle comes with a measured dispenser which some people may prefer (perhaps if purchasing multiple, buy 1 large bottle and the rest in small bottles as refills?).
Just noticed that the smaller bottle says it is good for 80L and the bigger bottle is good for 250L. Is the stuff in the larger bottle more concentrated?
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1067 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto, ON
flyer12 wrote: Just noticed that the smaller bottle says it is good for 80L and the bigger bottle is good for 250L. Is the stuff in the larger bottle more concentrated?
They share identical labeling, and unfortunately there's no list of what the contents are.

CT used to have their MSDS available online but it's a dead link now - this would've answered the question.

I noticed the same thing and bought the larger bottle due that and the design of the bottle making it easier to measure out accurately.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2003
4756 posts
1331 upvotes
Toronto
This stuff is snake oil unless it contains PEA which is the only proven effective additive. Techron has it and so does Gumout Regane.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1067 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto, ON
HKPolice wrote: This stuff is snake oil unless it contains PEA which is the only proven effective additive. Techron has it and so does Gumout Regane.
inik^ wrote: So it does contain PEA or not?? haha
Yes, it contains PEA.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)