Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2005
2296 posts
178 upvotes
dec12 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2010 4:27 am
No they won't. The eco tax just get buried in the price and none will be the wiser. That is what SO wants them to do in the first place. This way they can charge whatever they want.

Costco, when I still have the membership, put up visible signs said it is fighting the gov't pressure to include the electronic recycling fee in its sell price.
So fine, they bury it in the price of the product, thus making it easier for consumers to price shop rather than be shocked at the checkout. Works for me.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4357 posts
501 upvotes
Scarborough
[QUOTE]On July 1, Ontario expanded its eco fee program to cover 22 types of household products. The goal is to shift the cost of disposing of hazardous wastes from taxpayers to manufacturers and importers of the products.[/QUOTE]

But we as the consumers are paying the fee still.
What about all those eco-friendly laundry detergents that costco is selling? If it's already eco friendly, why still add on this 'fee'.
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6030 posts
583 upvotes
SW Ontario
pnyknights wrote:
Jul 16th, 2010 11:14 am
But we as the consumers are paying the fee still.
What about all those eco-friendly laundry detergents that costco is selling? If it's already eco friendly, why still add on this 'fee'.
Same with the 'green' dish soap etc. I bought it because of it's better for the environment processes (supposedly anyways). If the stores I buy it at start adding the fee onto that one too, I'll be buying the regular cheaper stuff to make up the difference. I don't mind paying a little more for 'green' sometimes, but that's my choice.
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2009
1110 posts
235 upvotes
zoro69 wrote:
Jul 15th, 2010 12:28 pm
walmart seems to be the place to go
http://www.windsorstar.com/entertainmen ... story.html

same item having an extra fee between $0-$4.40 depending on what sore you buy at
it just seems to be hardware stores that are charging it.

Did you notice in the article it says walmart is considering their options, maybe it is coming down the shoot later, I imagine it takes time to figure out and flag what items should be charged and how much, as shown by can tire.
Mar 21, 2005
307 posts
122 upvotes
GTA
Canadiantire charged me $0.60 for a 3 liter laundry detergent. After I was found out they over charged me, I went back and asked for an adjustment. Customer service has no idea what I am talking about. Spoke to the manager and they did the adjustment to $0.20 for a 3 liter bottle.

I check the web site

http://www.stewardshipontario.ca/sites/ ... rdFees.pdf

and realized they again overcharged me. According to the publication, they should charge on $0.008 for a 3.78 liter. I am pissed that they are so greedy that instead of undercharge, they overcharge you first and you have to prove that they are wrong and end up paying with my time and money. :mad:
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
1168 posts
53 upvotes
Anyone notice that the stewards didn't pass high school physics? They assume volume = weight in their pricing. *sigh* No wonder these things are so screwed up!