Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Pennzoil Synthetic motor oils 5L $29.69-$32.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2019 6:24 pm
May 2, 2005
716 posts
159 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Pennzoil Synthetic motor oils 5L $29.69-$32.99

It's CT's turn this week to have Pennzoil synthetics on sale -- Platinum, Ultra Platinum, High Mileage, and Euro. 5L jugs.
Capture.JPG

Platinum 0W20, 5W20, 5W30: $29.69
High Mileage 0W20, 5W20, 5W30: $29.69
Ultra 0W20, 5W20, 5W30: $32.99
Euro 0W30, 5W30, 5W40: $31.34

Triangle card holders, look for a possible bonus points multiplier offer (I had 25x).
Don't forget $10/5L jug rebate from Pennzoil (max $40).

possible savings:
- 4x5L Ultra (before tax): $131.96
- CT MC with 25x offer: $18.48 CT money
- $40 Pennzoil rebate
- works out to $20.05/5L jug before tax in ON (if you value CT money like real money)
44 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
1554 posts
182 upvotes
Is the Pennzoil Synthetic oil better than the Valvoline also on sale at Walmart?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2009
1232 posts
415 upvotes
Burlington
kilobomb wrote: add another item to get $10 off $40 with this coupon:
canadian-tire-10-off-40-select-gta-locations-2262622/
Coupon fine print says "not valid in conjunction with any other offer, coupon or discount"

I wonder if they would not accept this coupon because the oil is already at a discount due to the sale price. Maybe it only works if you're buying regular priced items?
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2018
1504 posts
1519 upvotes
yourmemory wrote: Is the Pennzoil Synthetic oil better than the Valvoline also on sale at Walmart?
Oil is oil. Unless your a race car driver, it doesn't really matter what you use. What matters is your frequency when you change it more so. Buy whatever name brand is on sale, and change it religiously every 6-8K. My car calls for oil changes every 16K as per manufacturer recommendations, yeah thats a no from me. Every 6K I change.
May 2, 2005
716 posts
159 upvotes
yourmemory wrote: Is the Pennzoil Synthetic oil better than the Valvoline also on sale at Walmart?
Maxlife? Don't use a motor oil with seal conditioners unless you need to (and don't switch back). Comparison? Homework - to make it simple, look the cold pour point. 5W30: Maxlife: <= -36C, Penn Plat Hi-Mi: -51C. Lower is better. This difference is large enough you may actually notice it when cold starting.
Mar 16, 2007
832 posts
118 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
XR4Ti wrote: Don't forget $10/5L jug rebate from Pennzoil (max $40).

possible savings:
- 4x5L Ultra (before tax): $131.96
- CT MC with 25x offer: $18.48 CT money
- $40 Pennzoil rebate
- works out to $20.05/5L jug before tax in ON (if you value CT money like real money)
The rebate form mentions ONE $10 rebate for buying a particular 5L product.
In order to get $40 rebate, we have to buy different types of oil to get it?
May 2, 2005
716 posts
159 upvotes
xcel wrote: The rebate form mentions ONE $10 rebate for buying a particular 5L product.
In order to get $40 rebate, we have to buy different types of oil to get it?
No. You select that line, but you can submit up to 4 of the same (or different) 5L products. I've done that the past 2 yrs without a problem. I would recommend marking the quantity on your scan though, so they easily know how many you're submitting.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
BenzDude11 wrote: Oil is oil. Unless your a race car driver, it doesn't really matter what you use. What matters is your frequency when you change it more so. Buy whatever name brand is on sale, and change it religiously every 6-8K. My car calls for oil changes every 16K as per manufacturer recommendations, yeah thats a no from me. Every 6K I change.
Yea, because I guess you know much more than the engineers at the auto companies.
Oil is not oil … there are different grades/specs. If you mean there are no differences between brands, then ok … I won't argue that (don't care). Best advice is not to just change it regularly, but rather to use what the manufacturer recommends and to follow their change interval recommendation.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2018
1504 posts
1519 upvotes
GT!! wrote: Yea, because I guess you know much more than the engineers at the auto companies.
Oil is not oil … there are different grades/specs. If you mean there are no differences between brands, then ok … I won't argue that (don't care). Best advice is not to just change it regularly, but rather to use what the manufacturer recommends and to follow their change interval recommendation.

You can believe what you want from auto companies. But I speak with examples as I work in the auto industry. Manufacturer recommended is 20K for oil change. Vehicle came in with 16K on it as engine was done. Engine tear down revealed, oil was pure sludge inside. Could be a rare case sure. Doesn't happen all the time. Seen from a friend that works at a different manufacturer, with the recommended 16K oil change interval and engines were done. Same deal, inside was sludge. But the choice is your own. I'm a car guy so I do mine every 6.

And yes I'm referring to the is this oil better than this oil debate.
Oct 5, 2006
624 posts
470 upvotes
Winnipeg
BenzDude11 wrote: Oil is oil. Unless your a race car driver, it doesn't really matter what you use. What matters is your frequency when you change it more so. Buy whatever name brand is on sale, and change it religiously every 6-8K. My car calls for oil changes every 16K as per manufacturer recommendations, yeah thats a no from me. Every 6K I change.
I tend to agree, although good synthetic oil can last until 10-12K with a good synthetic filter.

Most of the tests done on oil by the major companies are done in lab conditions, where the motor run continuously for 16-20K, which is no wonder they last for so long. If your normal driving involves stop and go, dusty areas, extreme weather (hot summer cold winter and changes in humidity), well, that number is going to drop drastically. Most manufacturers will have recommendations for ideal and severe conditions, and rarely do daily drivers meet the condition for those ideal conditions.

Motor oil is a science but it's not rocket science. Even most manufactures will say its ok to use different grades of oil in an emergency and your car wont blow up or anything. For a few years back I was only putting maybe 5K on my car in a whole year and my mechanic told me it's still best to change it every year due to humidity and pollutant buildup in the oil. Regular oil change like you say is more important than putting the most expensive/exotic stuff
Jul 31, 2004
344 posts
326 upvotes
Unionville
sweet.. I got a personalized offer of 50X CT money on auto fluids.. will have to pickup a few now.
Aug 10, 2018
60 posts
47 upvotes
I've never bought the oil. How much do you guys pay for oil change when you bring your oil? What about filter? do you buy yourself?
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2014
2270 posts
1724 upvotes
BenzDude11 wrote: You can believe what you want from auto companies. But I speak with examples as I work in the auto industry. Manufacturer recommended is 20K for oil change. Vehicle came in with 16K on it as engine was done. Engine tear down revealed, oil was pure sludge inside. Could be a rare case sure. Doesn't happen all the time. Seen from a friend that works at a different manufacturer, with the recommended 16K oil change interval and engines were done. Same deal, inside was sludge. But the choice is your own. I'm a car guy so I do mine every 6.

And yes I'm referring to the is this oil better than this oil debate.
Same. I don’t listen to what the manufacturer says about oil changes. 16,000-20,000?! Too high for me.

Engine oils cheap, engines are expensive. You choose.
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10492 posts
7625 upvotes
ON
Phantasm wrote: Coupon fine print says "not valid in conjunction with any other offer, coupon or discount"

I wonder if they would not accept this coupon because the oil is already at a discount due to the sale price. Maybe it only works if you're buying regular priced items?
Used the 10 off 40 to buy the Mobil1 and filter that was on sale last week. Can't see how they would exclude items they have on sale, this is aimed towards other promos they could be having such as getting 10x CtMoney back, promo cards such as spend 100 get 20 off next purchase etc. This would be pretty hot as one jug +filter is just over 40 and then you would get 20$ back from the Pennzoil promo and this 10 off 40.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2004
5144 posts
2187 upvotes
Mississauga
bringit wrote: sweet.. I got a personalized offer of 50X CT money on auto fluids.. will have to pickup a few now.
I don't see engine oil being valid for that one though.
Collect 50x Bonus Canadian Tire Money on Auto Fluids at Canadian Tire, online and in-store. Online transactions must be fulfilled by the store during the offer period to qualify. Offer is valid on: Adhesives & Sealants, Gasketing, Maintenance Repair Kits, Threadlockers & Antiseize, Brake Cleaners, Cleaners & Degreasers, Specialty DIY Aerosols, Backshop, Backshop Non-retail, Partsource Commercial, Coolant System Additives & Accs, Coolant System Stop Leaks, Diesel Coolant, Radiator Coolant, Super Coolants, Engine Oil Additives, Engine Stop Leaks, Oil Stabilizers, Specialty Additives/Treatments, Diesel Additives & Conditioners, Diesel Additives & Conditioners - F/W, Fuel Injection&Carb Cleaners, Fuel Stabilizers & Storage, Fuel System Treatments, Gas Treatments, Octane Boost, Lubricants & Penetrants, Motorcycle Chain Grease, Specialty Lubricants, Power Steering Stop Leaks, Transmission Additives and Stop Leaks, Winter Chemicals. The offer is not valid on “As Seen on TV” products. *
Nov 20, 2009
895 posts
954 upvotes
bringit wrote: sweet.. I got a personalized offer of 50X CT money on auto fluids.. will have to pickup a few now.
I got it also, but it didn’t work. Engine oil was not included in the fine print.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1775 posts
823 upvotes
Bummer's Roost
I know it's not comparing apples to apples, with synthetic oil I find myself buying Mobil oil filters at over $15, when I used to buy filters at closer to $5. Shesssssh.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4278 posts
5209 upvotes
Montreal, QC
eager beaver wrote: I know it's not comparing apples to apples, with synthetic oil I find myself buying Mobil oil filters at over $15, when I used to buy filters at closer to $5. Shesssssh.
True, but conventional oil, you typically change every 5K to 6K.. And synthetic typically 10K to 12K (people can do more, but I still won't do it - even though my car calls for intervals of 16K - no thanks).

With conventional oil you'd need 2 filters over the 12K period.. so closer to $10. And the oil would probably cost the same since you'd replace it twice. And if you are paying someone to do the oil change for you, you'd be paying twice the labor... So in the end, you are still paying the same, over the same mileage, even if the filter and oil costs more.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8718 posts
1069 upvotes
Scarborough
BenzDude11 wrote: But the choice is your own. I'm a car guy so I do mine every 6.
I'm not a car guy :) I do mine every 6 as well.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)