Canadian Tire Price Drop Policy?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2016 6:54 pm
Dec 12, 2006
124 posts
203 upvotes
Bradford

Canadian Tire Price Drop Policy?

Hi, there is a good deal on some christmas lights starting tomorrow, however, I know that these specific lights are going to go real fast, and I won't be around to get them tomorrow. If I purchase today at Canadian Tire at full price, would I be able to return in a few days and get that lower price (it will be on all week while supplies last)? Anyone do this with Canadian Tire?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
2065 posts
355 upvotes
Ottawa
Igloo888 wrote: Hi, there is a good deal on some christmas lights starting tomorrow, however, I know that these specific lights are going to go real fast, and I won't be around to get them tomorrow. If I purchase today at Canadian Tire at full price, would I be able to return in a few days and get that lower price (it will be on all week while supplies last)? Anyone do this with Canadian Tire?
Well, my dad did something like that once with a cabinet he bought. He bought it at the beginning of August for the higher price only to find it $100 cheaper the next. He went to the store with receipt and flyer in hand and they refunded the difference.
RFD 15 73H 1337
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9280 posts
3006 upvotes
London
At Canadian Tire, every store and every transaction is a YMMV event.
Apr 13, 2010
659 posts
424 upvotes
Napanee, ON
I've gone in the day before a sale starts and asked for the sale price a few times. It has to be approved by a manager, but I've never been denied.
Gabe of Gabe's Hacks
Apr 5, 2008
691 posts
97 upvotes
Vancouver
I don't think they have a price protection policy, it's more of a return + re-buy at the new lower price.

It's silly, I once got turned down because I brought my receipt and didn't bring the physical item so they wouldn't accept it as a return + re-buy because there was no physical merchandise to return. I asked what the difference would be if I just bought the same item from their shelf, then return that new in box item with the old receipt but was told that would be fraud and I'd get kicked out. WTF!?
Penalty Box
Nov 23, 2012
1451 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
Doing so would break the spirit of the sale. Why not wait like everyone else for other deals or just go the night before explain to the manager and hope they sell it for the sale price.
Oct 5, 2006
624 posts
470 upvotes
Winnipeg
nobb wrote: I don't think they have a price protection policy, it's more of a return + re-buy at the new lower price.

It's silly, I once got turned down because I brought my receipt and didn't bring the physical item so they wouldn't accept it as a return + re-buy because there was no physical merchandise to return. I asked what the difference would be if I just bought the same item from their shelf, then return that new in box item with the old receipt but was told that would be fraud and I'd get kicked out. WTF!?
that's just a hastle on CT's side. but technically, what you propose would be "fraud" in the sense that you're knowingly returning the wrong item using the wrong receipt. best would be to buy a new item with the lower price and then return to CT with the old item using the old receipt. but CT should've been flexible to avoid the hastle for you. some managers are just tools and power trips i find.