Shopping Discussion

Canadian Tire price match?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2017 7:34 am
[OP]
Dec 5, 2017
2 posts

Canadian Tire price match?

I tried to price match an item in the Partsource flyer and they said no that's a branch of their company so I said ok.

Came back and tried to price match from the Napa Auto Parts flyer and I was told they don't do that one either.

It doesn't make any sense. A Canadian Tire I went to in Toronto allowed me to price match with Napa Auto Parts. Was the person just lying to me? Who do they really price match
4 replies
Jan 30, 2013
185 posts
41 upvotes
Reyaz123 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 1:52 pm
I tried to price match an item in the Partsource flyer and they said no that's a branch of their company so I said ok.

Came back and tried to price match from the Napa Auto Parts flyer and I was told they don't do that one either.

It doesn't make any sense. A Canadian Tire I went to in Toronto allowed me to price match with Napa Auto Parts. Was the person just lying to me? Who do they really price match
Each store is a franchise.I think they can PM who they want.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26907 posts
6397 upvotes
GTHA
Reyaz123 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 1:52 pm

"Subject to store participation. We'll match any local competitor’s regular or advertised in-store retail price on an identical in-stock item."

from http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/customer- ... icies.html
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8357 posts
1566 upvotes
London
What they are really telling you is they don't want your business... so take it elsewhere.
Nov 21, 2017
4 posts
1 upvote
Ottomaddox wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 1:04 am
What they are really telling you is they don't want your business... so take it elsewhere.
Exactly this. I took my business elsewhere on many occasions after getting disappointed at CT. Now I hardly ever bother going unless I'm sure they have the best deal. I just order from amazon and go to Best Buy (they price match easily with anybody) instead if I really need it like now.

As sad as it could be, I wouldn't be surprised if CT goes the way of the Sears in the near future. Turning away customers for a couple of dollars doesn't seem like good business to me.