[OP]
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
2764 posts
27 upvotes
Vancouver

Canadian Tire Price Match Policy

Hi There,

Does anyone know where on Canadian Tire's (CT) website is their price match policy? I looked, but couldn't find it. They really got it burried. I found reference to it on RFD and on GOOGLE, but not actually from the horse
26 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
359 upvotes
majesus wrote:
Oct 17th, 2006 2:32 am
Hi There,

Does anyone know where on Canadian Tire's (CT) website is their price match policy? I looked, but couldn't find it. They really got it burried. I found reference to it on RFD and on GOOGLE, but not actually from the horse
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
6532 posts
416 upvotes
Toronto
majesus wrote:
Hi There,

I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2006
2993 posts
1125 upvotes
It's probably the same as most stores with the scanning code of practice. You should find the price match guarantee somewhere in the store. Either near the cash registers or on a sign located at the CS desk.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
177 upvotes
I believe Canadian Tire store are independently owned and operated and their own GM (of the store) creates their own store policy.
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -- Will Smith
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Stay hungry, stay foolish.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2003
1512 posts
10 upvotes
gman wrote:
Oct 17th, 2006 10:01 am
I believe Canadian Tire store are independently owned and operated and their own GM (of the store) creates their own store policy.
Yup, CTs are franchises, so it usually depends on which manager you get and what mood they are in. They usually price match 100% and can check other stores in the system for price and stock...
This message brought to you by Glagnar's Human Rinds. It's a muncha-buncha-cruncha humans!
Nov 17, 2005
814 posts
1 upvote
They dont price online deals and I quote their words " INTERNET DEALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC" :lol:
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
2764 posts
27 upvotes
Vancouver
cwb27 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2006 9:46 am
Ever consider that maybe they know their policy and you're the one that doesn't?
Holly crap...

I dunno why sometimes when a member asks a question on the board they have to deal with this type of response.... All I asked for was a link to Canadian Tire's pricing policy from their own SITE. :mad:

On occasion, when I price match, the cashier does not want to give me the extra 10% of the lower price in Canadian Tire “money”. Sometimes, the people working at the counter do not KNOW what to DO. ALL I wanted (more of curiosity) was the link of CT's pricing policy from their own website...

In the past, I have price matched an Energizer battery charger and yesterday I price matched a slower cooker with Canadian Tire...
With the price match policy, the 10% extra CT money and my 20% discounted gift cards... It makes a hot RFD deal. :)

I know CT's Pricing policy... here is a website that explains it:
Link

However... not sure where this person got it from:

"Price Match Guarantee
Canadian Tire will match any competitor’s price on an identical item AND give customers an extra 10% of the lower price in Canadian Tire “money”.
The competitor’s lower price must be verifiable (advertised price, flyer, phone call, etc.)
Whether an item is ‘identical’ will be determined by looking at:
- product features
-brand/manufactuer
-model/size/volume
-warranty

Any questions over whether an item is ‘identical’ will be resolved on a case-by-case basis by the Dealer, Store Manger, General Manager or other appointed Manager.
The Price Match Guarantee program applices to compitor’s regular and sale prices.

Exceptions to the Price Match Guarantee program are:
labour, competitors’s clearance, bankruptcies, volume discounts, mail-in rebates, wholesale prices not available to the general public, live goods, web-based competitors, propane tank refills.

Thank you for bringing this item to our attention. Your assistanace will help Canadian Tire price our products more competitively."
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2006
6219 posts
194 upvotes
rai_dei wrote:
Oct 17th, 2006 10:22 am
Yup, CTs are franchises, so it usually depends on which manager you get and what mood they are in. They usually price match 100% and can check other stores in the system for price and stock...
gman wrote:
Oct 17th, 2006 10:01 am
Not for price matching, thats set by the corporation. Most price matches are handled at customer service because they have extra paperwork. The store (franchise) claims their loss to the corporation on anything pricematched.

The store I used to work at was very good with price matching, you did not have to bring in any proof, we would just call the store to verify.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2004
2014 posts
238 upvotes
I've seen the policy hanging on signs over the customer service desk or checkout registers much like you'd see at Staples. Good luck with getting it to work. Every time I try to enact it, things get so crazy I think I'm on candid camera or something.
Oct 17, 2006
1 posts
majesus wrote:
Oct 17th, 2006 4:18 pm
Holly crap...

[INDENT]I know CT's Pricing policy... here is a website that explains it:
Link

However... not sure where this person got it from:[/INDENT]

My post contains a direct transcript of the sign they had above the customer service desk. I asked them to photo copy it for me and they did ! It took me forever to get them to honour their own policy, but they did eventually - though it caused a huge disruption in the store - not for the weak of heart I must say.

-robert blog.bigsnit.com
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
2764 posts
27 upvotes
Vancouver
bigsnit wrote:
Oct 18th, 2006 1:27 am
My post contains a direct transcript of the sign they had above the customer service desk. I asked them to photo copy it for me and they did ! It took me forever to get them to honour their own policy, but they did eventually - though it caused a huge disruption in the store - not for the weak of heart I must say.

Yeah, same here... This is exactly how I feel everytime I do a PM with CT. It takes me a while to get them to honour their own policy... Eventually it does cause a disruption in the store. :lol:

I am really glad you took the time to put it in your blog. I always print it of from your site and take it with me... Else, CT won't believe me!
Hehe,
Thanks Rob :)
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2004
1403 posts
9 upvotes
my friend managed to do a successful PM today in Markham. Plus we used the $10 off $40 coupon to bring the price down even further! Sweet deal. Thanks OP!
instant wins
April 16 - Sony Walkman Cellphone (Web of Prizes)
April 16 - 2,800 Air Miles (A&P Air Miles Journey To Win)
April 16 - One-time maid service clean (The Maids)
April 16 - $10 GC Canadian Tire (Breyers Nascar)
April 18 - $200 Best Buy GC (icoke)
April 20 - DQ $50 GC (sweetsounds)
May 4 - Soccer Jersey (Wonder +)
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2005
1928 posts
15 upvotes
Scarborough
I printed out an item from another store with the picture, specs and price. It was priced at $19.99. Went to Canadian Tire at McCowan/Shepherd as it was closer. At Customer service, there is a screen with some ads showing and it talks about the price match. The item at CT was $29.99. A very nice lady gave me no hassle at all. I got the item for $19.99 plus seeing I paid cash, I also got $2 in CT money.
Mar 30, 2008
20 posts
Toronto
majesus wrote:
Hi There,

× < >