Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] RCA 4K TV 55" $468(pm Walmart) less 10%(SDM CT gift cards)plus $50GC *tomorrow only*

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2017 6:42 pm
[OP]
Dec 10, 2009
341 posts
683 upvotes
Van Isle

[Canadian Tire] RCA 4K TV 55" $468(pm Walmart) less 10%(SDM CT gift cards)plus $50GC *tomorrow only*

If... and its a BIG if you loaded up on CT gift cards from SDM on the last promotion you could pick up this BUDGET tv for $421 plus you get the $50 GC and if you have a CT MC you get 4% cash back as well. The deal for the GC is tomorrow only. If you do not have the discounted gift cards then the deal is probably not hot.

You will need to pm Walmart https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/rca-55-inc ... AqD7bLWUPI

Good Luck!
Last edited by katwittfan on Apr 19th, 2017 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 replies
Nov 15, 2014
529 posts
309 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
It has to be 100% the same model number for price match, but they sometimes do not care. Anyways don't forget, there is a $231 difference in price, so you will also get a $23.1 Canadian tire money back for 10% of the difference. So even hotter :)

Wait wait . I think Canadian tire gives 10% off the lower price lol not the difference.. making it $46.8 in Canadian tire money you get back. Sweet!!!!

I can go to a store and verify its the exact same model for you guys. I tried matching those 32 inch RCA TV's from shoppers that were like $129 and Canadian tire had the same one for $250 and they would not match it, even though was the same tv you can see by the specs and picture, but the model number was off by 2 digits.
[OP]
Dec 10, 2009
341 posts
683 upvotes
Van Isle
junglemage666 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 1:30 pm
It has to be 100% the same model number for price match, but they sometimes do not care. Anyways don't forget, there is a $231 difference in price, so you will also get a $23.1 Canadian tire money back for 10% of the difference. So even hotter :)

Wait wait . I think Canadian tire gives 10% off the lower price lol not the difference.. making it $46.8 in Canadian tire money you get back. Sweet!!!!

I can go to a store and verify its the exact same model for you guys. I tried matching those 32 inch RCA TV's from shoppers that were like $129 and Canadian tire had the same one for $250 and they would not match it, even though was the same tv you can see by the specs and picture, but the model number was off by 2 digits.

Some good points you made there Jungle. A person could whittle the price of this TV down even more with your suggestions. thumbed up
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1331 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto
let us know! The suspense is killing me. Thanks OP. That's what I call a true RFDer!
Nov 15, 2014
529 posts
309 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
matt4670 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 1:50 pm
let us know! The suspense is killing me. Thanks OP. That's what I call a true RFDer!

Yep it's the same model
http://m.imgur.com/uRMJf4S

But the manager at the location I'm at said that it's 10% of the difference only and it will be $489 tomorrow so will only be like $21 lol $2.10 savings. I am pretty sure it was 10% of the lower price and not the difference, he may not know or I may be wrong.

If it's 10% of the lower price then it doesn't matter if it's on sale tomorrow as you will still get $46.80 back on the $468 price match.

Double check with your store , but it's indeed the same model.

Yes Costco and RCSS deals were better but no time machine so this is good.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1666 posts
304 upvotes
Toronto
katwittfan wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 12:27 pm
If... and its a BIG if you loaded up on CT gift cards from SDM on the last promotion you could pick up this BUDGET tv for $421 plus you get the $50 GC and if you have a CT MC you get 4% cash back as well. The deal for the GC is tomorrow only. If you do not have the discounted gift cards then the deal is probably not hot.

You will need to pm Walmart https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/rca-55-inc ... AqD7bLWUPI

Good Luck!
You either use gift cards or Ct Mc but not both? So you can't get the 10% and the 4% together on this one purchase...
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data
Nov 15, 2009
26 posts
56 upvotes
Oakville
Taken from Canadian Tire's website:
Price Match Guarantee

Subject to store participation. We'll not only match any local competitor’s regular or advertised in-store retail price on an identical in-stock item, we’ll beat it by giving you an additional 10% of the lower price in Canadian Tire 'Money'.
[OP]
Dec 10, 2009
341 posts
683 upvotes
Van Isle
Shu wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 6:43 pm
You either use gift cards or Ct Mc but not both? So you can't get the 10% and the 4% together on this one purchase...
You make a good point and nice pickup. I adjusted the title.
Apr 24, 2010
467 posts
112 upvotes
Canada
junglemage666 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 5:25 pm
Yep it's the same model
http://m.imgur.com/uRMJf4S

But the manager at the location I'm at said that it's 10% of the difference only and it will be $489 tomorrow so will only be like $21 lol $2.10 savings. I am pretty sure it was 10% of the lower price and not the difference, he may not know or I may be wrong.

If it's 10% of the lower price then it doesn't matter if it's on sale tomorrow as you will still get $46.80 back on the $468 price match.

Double check with your store , but it's indeed the same model.

Yes Costco and RCSS deals were better but no time machine so this is good.
The manager in that was wrong. The price match bonus CT money is based on 10% of the lower price of the item. I purchased the TV today and got that amount. I also signed up of the Canadian Tire Master card today and got $67.44 e-CT Money back.

So the bottom line for me was:

(468 + 39.5EHF)*1.13 - 67.4 eCT Money - 50 gift card (today only) - 46.8 price match CT Money = $409.24 which is better than the RCSS $399 no tax deal.

Thanks OP

PS: The TV was manufactured in 2017 so, hopefully there is no yellow screen problem.
Jun 20, 2008
267 posts
304 upvotes
Winnipeg
How did you get that bonus $67.44 for signing up for the Credit Card? Is that a regular promotion? You got a fantastic deal, but when comparing to the RCSS deal, you have $160 that has to be spent at Canadian Tire, including the $50 card that has to be used in the next 2 weeks. I think I'll wait for the next tax free weekend at RCSS since I don't feel like signing up for another credit card.
Apr 24, 2010
467 posts
112 upvotes
Canada
When I was at the cashier, a young guy with a tablet approached to me and asked if I want to sign up for a CT MasterCard to get additional discount and that was it. The purchased was paid by my "new" card. I believed I got 10% bonus CT Money for using my new card.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10470 posts
3786 upvotes
Amowagou wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 3:25 pm
The manager in that was wrong. The price match bonus CT money is based on 10% of the lower price of the item. I purchased the TV today and got that amount. I also signed up of the Canadian Tire Master card today and got $67.44 e-CT Money back.

So the bottom line for me was:

(468 + 39.5EHF)*1.13 - 67.4 eCT Money - 50 gift card (today only) - 46.8 price match CT Money = $409.24 which is better than the RCSS $399 no tax deal.

Thanks OP

PS: The TV was manufactured in 2017 so, hopefully there is no yellow screen problem.
Just be careful because there was one report of a 2017 model not displaying turquoise properly.

Just so you guys are aware, you absolutely need a 1610 or later serial number on these TVs. All of the previous batches were defective with yellows that look green. The first two digits represent the year, and the last two are the month. So 1610 means October, 2016.

Also keep in mind that the 1610 and perhaps 1611 models use an IPS panel where as the 2017 models appear to use a VA Samsung panel. So depending on your preference and viewing needs, you might want to choose one or the other if you can. I have a 1610 Proscan model and it's absolutely fantastic. No colour issues and a great picture overall.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8491 posts
2019 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. A couple of friends were interested in this deal. I didn't see anyone mention the no interest/no service charge 24 month equal payments for those with or getting a CT MasterCard. Might be of use to some purchasers. I assume you can get the cash back as well as financing?
https://ctfs.com/content/ctfs/en/cards/ ... ncing.html