Canadian Tire Rewards/Personalized Offers

• Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2018 12:31 pm
Nov 21, 2009
486 posts
295 upvotes
Moncton

Canadian Tire Rewards/Personalized Offers

Not much discussion about CT's Rewards program with personalized offers here on RFD. I'm starting to notice that my offers appear to be somewhat personalized. For example, this week, I have a 25X offer on synthetic oil, 25X on oil filters and a "Spend $50, collect $10 CTM". Anyone know if offers at CT stack like they do with some other rewards programs? Any other details about this program that may be worth knowing?
9 replies
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
XOMTOR wrote: Not much discussion about CT's Rewards program with personalized offers here on RFD. I'm starting to notice that my offers appear to be somewhat personalized. For example, this week, I have a 25X offer on synthetic oil, 25X on oil filters and a "Spend $50, collect $10 CTM". Anyone know if offers at CT stack like they do with some other rewards programs? Any other details about this program that may be worth knowing?
is there a website now for CT Rewards? Is this a new program? Did they changed it from CT money? I still had like $15 worth
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27804 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
I agree not lot of info yet coming out on Cdn Tire Triangle Rewards Program Slightly Frowning Face

And that’s probably because there are so few changes...
Old Program & New Name
PLUS the bonus of earning / Redeeming at other Cdn Tire Group Brands ... Atmosphere, Marks, SportChek
Do wish there was more info though... on the Program... other than things promoting the Cdn Tire CC

My Personal Offers have ALWAYS been great
Still are (and that’s good)

However, I do have a sweet Offer this week, I have NEVER seen before
Spend $ 75 or more and get $ 15 in Cdn Tire Money / Points
That’s 20% ... awesome
Very PCO-ish

Looking forward now to shopping at their stores... maybe they are not so “crappy” any longer
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4783 posts
1327 upvotes
Richmond
Seems they are pulling PCO by merging the Sport Chek Mastercard and rewards system with the CT Money program.
PointsHubby wrote: I agree not lot of info yet coming out on Cdn Tire Triangle Rewards Program Slightly Frowning Face

And that’s probably because there are so few changes...
Old Program & New Name
PLUS the bonus of earning / Redeeming at other Cdn Tire Group Brands ... Atmosphere, Marks, SportChek
Do wish there was more info though... on the Program... other than things promoting the Cdn Tire CC

My Personal Offers have ALWAYS been great
Still are (and that’s good)

That’s 20% ... awesome
Very PCO-ish

Looking forward now to shopping at their stores... maybe they are not so “crappy” any longer
Are they in love with PCO?
Nov 21, 2009
486 posts
295 upvotes
Moncton
PointsHubby wrote:
That’s 20% ... awesome
Very PCO-ish
I got a similar offer: Spend $50 and get $10 in CT Money. Pretty nice. Wonder if it stacks with the other offers?
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27804 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
XOMTOR wrote: I got a similar offer: Spend $50 and get $10 in CT Money. Pretty nice. Wonder if it stacks with the other offers?
Don’t know for sure... as these types of offers are NEW to the Triangle Program (vs OLD CT Money Program)

But I would think they would be... afterall it would be sort of silly to send Members a whole bunch of Bonus Offers that get the Customer in the store and then limit their usage once the guy gets to the Cash Register with a cart full of things he wants to buy on offer

I think Cdn Tire is hoping that these Personal Offers drive up sales ... so instead of popping in for just one thing... the Customer will stick around longer in the store and buy more, by checking out their personal offers, the flyer, store displays etc.

That would be a SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE for Cdn Tire in how folks shop there... looking at it as more of a Dept Store (which it proclaims to be) than the Hardware Store it has historically been.

There are different shopping styles for these 2 types of retail... if Cdn Tire can move the ball in how people think about them this will be a HUGE Retail gain.
Nov 21, 2009
486 posts
295 upvotes
Moncton
Thanks PointsHubby, your insight is always welcome. If I make use of my offers, I'll report back with my experiences.
Nov 21, 2009
486 posts
295 upvotes
Moncton
Well, I made use of my CT offers so I guess I'll recount how it worked out. These were the offers I made use of:

- Spend $50, earn $10 eCT money
- 25X Points on Synthetic oil
- 25X Points on oil filters

Bought Pennzoil Platinum for $33.79 and 2 oil filters priced at $8.29 ea for a total pre-tax amount of $50.37. Earned $15.04 on eCT money so the offers do indeed stack.

Now to mail in the rebate form to Pennzoil to get $10 back.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27804 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
XOMTOR wrote: Well, I made use of my CT offers so I guess I'll recount how it worked out. These were the offers I made use of:

- Spend $50, earn $10 eCT money
- 25X Points on Synthetic oil
- 25X Points on oil filters

Bought Pennzoil Platinum for $33.79 and 2 oil filters priced at $8.29 ea for a total pre-tax amount of $50.37. Earned $15.04 on eCT money so the offers do indeed stack.

Now to mail in the rebate form to Pennzoil to get $10 back.
AWESOME Purchase Strategy... congrats

And thanks for sharing the info on your experience

More info is slooowly coming out about the program
I got a nice WELCOME TO TRIANGLE Email in the last 24 hours
It clarifies that one can earn & redeem at CT partners
And not just with a CT credit card

I can see myself paying more attention to CT and it’s partners in the months to come, and their Sales & Offers
And no doubt doing more shopping across the brand
Nov 21, 2009
486 posts
295 upvotes
Moncton
Yup, I've been paying attention to Canadian Tire more and more these days. I always get my gas there which usually works out to 4 - 4.5 cents back. The program seems to be getting more like PC Optimum as you remarked earlier (which is a good thing). In fact, I was considering applying for a PC MasterCard but I think I'll opt for the Triangle card instead. Seems to be a better deal considering you get 3% back on groceries anyway. There's always things we need at CT which are hard to get elsewhere (sale depending of course Smiling Face With Sunglasses).