Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Rhino Ramps $65.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2019 1:34 pm
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 7, 2007
2216 posts
668 upvotes
Edmonton
rrmortiss wrote: great price
Better price yet having 50x on auto shop supplies in the app!! Plus buy tomorrow for storewide 20x as this stacks. That should yield 20% plus 8% back in ct money or about $18.... Making this a smokin deal!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31056 posts
16801 upvotes
Ottawa
eager beaver wrote: So, obviously since the car hasn't crushed you YET they are good. There is no way I am placing myself under a bunch of plastic trash. Maybe they are good this year, next or five years from now sitting in the sun in my backyard, but after that I want something more solid, like steel.
Have you looked at how these are constructed?
Member
Oct 17, 2007
232 posts
415 upvotes
3rd Rock
frankmp wrote: Better price yet having 50x on auto shop supplies in the app!! Plus buy tomorrow for storewide 20x as this stacks. That should yield 20% plus 8% back in ct money or about $18.... Making this a smokin deal!
You forgot $10 off $40 spent coupon and ymmv $15 back on $60 spent in app
Member
Mar 6, 2013
218 posts
148 upvotes
Saint John, NB
Thanks OP. I might pick these up. Oil changes are the last of the basic maintenance items that I havent started doing myself yet as I wasnt comfortable using my jack and jack stands.
Jr. Member
Sep 18, 2004
128 posts
64 upvotes
oahu wrote: You forgot $10 off $40 spent coupon and ymmv $15 back on $60 spent in app
Any additional info on this? I don't see this in my app
Sr. Member
Feb 13, 2004
812 posts
149 upvotes
Montreal
When I use mine to change my oil I also put the jack stands in place, and I stack my summer/winter tires on either side - not to support the weight, but in case the ramps faiI, my backup system should give me enough time to move out of the way.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31056 posts
16801 upvotes
Ottawa
chimaera15 wrote: When I use mine to change my oil I also put the jack stands in place, and I stack my summer/winter tires on either side - not to support the weight, but in case the ramps faiI, my backup system should give me enough time to move out of the way.
Don't forget wheel chocks to prevent the vehicle from rolling back.
Newbie
Jan 16, 2017
93 posts
72 upvotes
Just a heads up, they go on sale offten for 70%. for around $44.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2966 posts
1309 upvotes
texem71 wrote: Just a heads up, they go on sale offten for 70%. for around $44.


Are you sure it's these exact ramps and not a different brand and/or weight capacity? Looking at CCC, the OP price is on par with amazon's lowest recorded price (which was only for a few days by the looks of it.) I don't see any old RFD threads of these being any cheaper either.

I've already stated how I feel about plastic ramps, but for those who want them, this deal is about as good as it gets I think.
Newbie
Jan 16, 2017
93 posts
72 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote: Are you sure it's these exact ramps and not a different brand and/or weight capacity? Looking at CCC, the OP price is on par with amazon's lowest recorded price (which was only for a few days by the looks of it.) I don't see any old RFD threads of these being any cheaper either.

I've already stated how I feel about plastic ramps, but for those who want them, this deal is about as good as it gets I think.
Very sorry about misinformation. those were the
Scepter Pro Ramps for $44 and worth every penny.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2309 posts
927 upvotes
Surrey
I have these they are ok. Had slipped couples of times
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2056 posts
1584 upvotes
Vancouver
Do they really get high enough to get under your car and do an oil change?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8028 posts
4250 upvotes
ON
eager beaver wrote: So, obviously since the car hasn't crushed you YET they are good. There is no way I am placing myself under a bunch of plastic trash. Maybe they are good this year, next or five years from now sitting in the sun in my backyard, but after that I want something more solid, like steel.
Truck.
And it never will if I keep using common sense.
I guess humanity can rest easy knowing you are safe and sound and their future is as well.
You have to be quite dumb to store these outside under the elements and expect them to not deteriorate.
I offered my personal experience for those who would care for it and are looking at purchasing such a product that's completely safe if used and stored as recommended.
I'd personally go for a titanium alloy, no way I'd put myself under a bunch of scrap steel.
Then again, maybe Adamantium would be even better, but I'm not sure how it stacks against Vibranium...anyone more experienced in the field care to weigh the pros and cons ?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8028 posts
4250 upvotes
ON
evanwier wrote: Do they really get high enough to get under your car and do an oil change?
These will add to the clearance your car already has from the ground. If you have 5-6", with the ramps you'd end up at 13-14" which is the minimum for a slim person to get under. On the other hand if your vehicle is really low, then it might not be enough.
I have well over 12" clearance to begin with so adding another 8" gives me all the room I need to comfortably work under the vehicle.

Top