Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Rhino Ramps $65.99

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2019 1:34 pm
Aug 25, 2015
177 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
I already bought one to my cr-v. So, i plan to use this with jack stands.
I have the old one from different brand from CT. But, i let it in snow in backyard ( i forgot to bring it in) .Maybe i cannot use it anymore?
Dec 9, 2006
337 posts
106 upvotes
Markham
Thanks OP. Got one last night and change the oil in my car today using them. It takes some effect to get car on but they are very stable. I did put two jack stands there to make myself feel safer:)
Sep 18, 2004
122 posts
64 upvotes
anyone get the 50x points to work for this? It didn't work for me
Penalty Box
Sep 25, 2007
131 posts
16 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Like an earlier poster said I also jam them up against the tires and give them a good tap with my rubber mallet to secure them.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
6966 posts
3072 upvotes
ON
Ahtusavis wrote:
Mar 10th, 2019 2:31 pm
I already bought one to my cr-v. So, i plan to use this with jack stands.
I have the old one from different brand from CT. But, i let it in snow in backyard ( i forgot to bring it in) .Maybe i cannot use it anymore?
It's the UV rays from the sun that will destroy plastic and make it brittle, not snow or water. If they haven't been sitting out there all year, they should be fine, just give your vehicle a good shake before you get under once on the ramps. If you have jack stands it wouldn't hurt to place them under there just in case, but don't forget to remove them before you try to drive off the ramp...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
6966 posts
3072 upvotes
ON
Jone19 wrote:
Mar 10th, 2019 2:07 pm
Looking at the reviews on Amazon, I'd never trust my life to some plastic.
Lots of plastic things being used in hospitals to keep folks from dying . Lots of plastic clips in your vehicle holding sensors etc that keep you alive when driving down the highway at 100kmph or more.
It's all about proper application of the material.
All this " never trust my life to plastic" talk is getting old.
100 years ago, they'd never trust their life to those 4 wheeled death traps they call cars and their mule was much safer. To each his own.
Dec 26, 2004
415 posts
135 upvotes
For those that live near the border, Home Depot (US) has them for $39.97 regular price. My friend just picked a set up today (in store)
https://www.homedepot.com/p/FloTool-Dur ... /205152558

As for durability, I would never leave anything plastic outside year round and expect the plastic to hold up over the year. LOL. I have an original set of Rhino Ramps from 10 years ago (garage kept) and they are still fine. There is a small rubber pad on the bottom side that is suppose to help with the slippage but they can still move if you don't have the right angle when the tires approach them or run up to them too fast. My car is lowered and I use a 2x4 in front to get onto the ramps easier. Other than that, no problems what so ever.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
3469 posts
858 upvotes
Ottawa
Fanatic wrote:
Mar 11th, 2019 12:33 am
As for durability, I would never leave anything plastic outside year round and expect the plastic to hold up over the year. LOL..
Do you have PVC window frames? How are they holding up to sub zero temperatures and UV exposure, LOL.

There are many different plastics. You can't really make generalized comments that anything plastic won't survive outside.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
4091 posts
822 upvotes
GTEH!
I've been using these "plastic" rhino ramps, from a different manufacturer sold at CT, for 10 years now for many oil changes and have had no issues. *shrugs*
😎
Aug 2, 2006
112 posts
40 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Scepter Pro Ramps are on sale for $49.99 at Part Source.

Although they're rated for 12,000 lbs vs. Rhino's 16,000 lbs.
May 6, 2013
655 posts
212 upvotes
Toronto
I have been using these for about a year and they are great. Use them correctly and you wont have any issues. I also have jackstands when needed. Cant have enough tools :)
Apr 19, 2012
197 posts
42 upvotes
Brampton
I think even PA got their ramps on sale.

Question for those using the ramps for fluid changes - how do you get to the full drainage since the vehicle is not level, or it just does not matter?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2570 posts
898 upvotes
Worth9 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 1:24 pm

Question for those using the ramps for fluid changes - how do you get to the full drainage since the vehicle is not level, or it just does not matter?
Both vehicles that I currently change the oil on have the drain plug at the rear side of the oil pan so I think that having the front end raised up helps get more of the oil out.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
6966 posts
3072 upvotes
ON
Worth9 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 1:24 pm

Depends on where your drain is located.