• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2019 1:34 pm
Apr 19, 2012
197 posts
42 upvotes
Brampton
SizzleChest wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 1:37 pm
Both vehicles that I currently change the oil on have the drain plug at the rear side of the oil pan so I think that having the front end raised up helps get more of the oil out.
Makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.
Apr 19, 2012
197 posts
42 upvotes
Brampton
Anybody ever tried with 4 ramps - 1 at each wheel?
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
4078 posts
810 upvotes
GTEH!
Worth9 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 2:15 pm
I've never done this, but the guy across the street from me does this. I've never asked or looked closer at what he does when putting the car up on 4 ramps.
😎
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
6958 posts
3064 upvotes
ON
Worth9 wrote:
You could. Only caveat is that your vehicle should have enough clearance from the ground to fit the ramps in front of the rear tires so you can drive on them at once.
Risky business though and the chances for one ramp to slip and then have to start allover again are pretty high.
You could use a jack but that would defeat the purpose of having ramps.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
2815 posts
460 upvotes
Water loo
I was in the USA and went to a Home Depot, they had the Rhino ramps regular price for $39.99USD. That CdnTire regular price of $109.99 is hooey
Apr 7, 2006
165 posts
68 upvotes
I purchased these today and it blows my mind that people are using these without jack stands. What happened to common sense?

Use jack stands and wheel chocks people.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2007
1020 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know of any adapters that can be used for lowered cars with RhinoRamps without building your own out of wood?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5561 posts
1624 upvotes
Cornwall PE
I have used ramps for years now and decided to give a few pointers;
1) The only time I have ever had any ramp be pulled under my car buy the cars power was when I used to used home made wooden ones that didn't have rubber bottoms and on a concrete garage floor.
2) If you find or are worried about this happening use a jack and place the ramps under each front wheel lowering each wheel onto each ramp by hand then put the jack away as it won't happen when you back off the ramp, or is very unlikely too unless you just aren't careful.
3) There is no need to use a jack stand with ramps unless there is something really wrong with the ramps a ramp is designed to be used for whatever it's weight ratting states it can be used with, just as a jack stand is. And as with jack stands it's only as safe as the flooring or terrain they are used on, they both also should be used in no less than pairs.
4) wheel chocks be they bona fide chocks designed for that use or simply a couple of foot long pieces of scrap 2 x 4.
5) only access the underside of your car from the front NEVER from the side behind the ramp, if you must access that area for whatever repair then use jack stands exercising all the precautions and common sense that jack stands require do. Also remember with you accessing the cars underside from the front only if the car rolls of the stands it is most likely going to be backwards away from you.
6) as with anytime you lift and get under your vehicle always do so with common sense.

I have had the cheaper ones another poster linked to on the first page $35 at crappy tire 4 or 5 years ago, and used them in all temps with out any problems. Also remember that all plastics are not made equal, some are at least as hard and strong as aluminum, if they are nylon as it is usually reinforced with fiberglass. But with plastics I would not consider them for forever as plastics can degrade over time.
The Children all love the the new down vote button.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Aug 23, 2014
29 posts
3 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Isn’t it Part Source has it for $50?
On the flyers
I got these from Part Scource for $40 a while ago, but $50 is pretty good too
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3661 posts
1215 upvotes
Montreal
Worth9 wrote:
I don't think you would be able to fit the ramps in front of the rear wheels on most cars - not enough clearance. Even if you could I think it would be a risky move to try to drive up 4 ramps simultaneously.
Jan 8, 2015
115 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone know if there is a clearance issue if you have a front lip?
Nov 4, 2018
2 posts
1 upvote
sebakaa wrote:
Mar 18th, 2019 8:48 am
Anyone know if there is a clearance issue if you have a front lip?
I have a Subaru WRX w/ front lip and bought these on the weekend to try them out. DID NOT CLEAR IT - i suggest you have a few 1x6 blocks to drive up onto it to clear with the front lip. I had some left over cut composite boards i used.
Jan 8, 2015
115 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto, ON
JimmyP63255 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2019 9:01 am
I have a Subaru WRX w/ front lip and bought these on the weekend to try them out. DID NOT CLEAR IT - i suggest you have a few 1x6 blocks to drive up onto it to clear with the front lip. I had some left over cut composite boards i used.
may as well just stack wood then tbh.
Thanks

and yes got the same car.