Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Roadside Assistance 50% off (Nov 22-Dec 2)... Promo code already active!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 8th, 2019 11:13 am
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
3810 posts
2982 upvotes
Toronto
Sejad wrote:
Dec 10th, 2018 7:36 pm
Same, do we call someone for the member card?
I’m also confused how they claim that we can use the service after 24 hours if we don’t have any information about our plan?
24 hrs after signing up, if you need a tow, etc. you call their number on their website and they'll just ask you for your phone number to look up your record and then send a tow truck. You don't need to carry your membership card around. All the details of your coverage are on the website, but here's the link anyway: LINK
Nov 16, 2007
126 posts
4 upvotes
Sejad wrote:
Dec 10th, 2018 7:36 pm
Same, do we call someone for the member card?
I’m also confused how they claim that we can use the service after 24 hours if we don’t have any information about our plan?
Pretty tough to use without that number, eh?

I'll be curious to see the expiry date when it finally does show up. They've had my money for 20 days now but I have no service AFAIK.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
3810 posts
2982 upvotes
Toronto
Ed Zeppeli wrote:
Dec 10th, 2018 8:21 pm
Pretty tough to use without that number, eh?

I'll be curious to see the expiry date when it finally does show up. They've had my money for 20 days now but I have no service AFAIK.
You've had roadside assistance available to you 24 hrs after you signed up. They only have one number (same number for customer service, requesting a tow, etc.), and it's listed at the very top of their webpage:

"CANADIAN TIRE ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE®. Made for life in Canada. | 1-888-727-7478. Available 24/7"

With the paper package is the same terms and conditions as on their webpage. Really, the only thing in the mailed package that's not on their website is the oil change coupon, and the card that gets you 10% off Marks' *regular priced* items.

Just add the above number to your contacts in your phone and toss the package when it comes, unless you really want a CdnTire oil change.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1446 posts
315 upvotes
Desian wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 12:30 pm
So did you have to show your Mastercard to the driver or something? Just wondering if you have to physically be there. Or do they just ask for your Mastercard number over the phone?
I just called in and gave my name. Customer Service asked some basic verification questions (phone, address, etc). I told the CSR the car make, model, and colour, no proof required when tow truck arrived.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2015
1123 posts
140 upvotes
Peterborough
I Haven't gotten anything in the mail yet is that normal I sign up like 2 weeks ago?
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
1259 posts
815 upvotes
ScottF391 wrote:
Dec 11th, 2018 11:57 am
I Haven't gotten anything in the mail yet is that normal I sign up like 2 weeks ago?
Give it some time. Should get this week.
Jun 11, 2016
275 posts
301 upvotes
ScottF391 wrote:
Dec 11th, 2018 11:57 am
Whoa... usually people aren't this anxious to call roadside assistance! :twisted:
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
1259 posts
815 upvotes
A few idiotic things and my father and I did:

I had a car for which I had CT roadside assistance, got into accident in April, and had to be scraped. Little did I know, that I had set up auto-renew at a discounted rate for that car, renew in May. So, from May until end of November, I paid roadside assistance for a car I didn't even have.

We had plate based membership until I got a family plan this time. I specifically asked my dad twice to cancel his membership as he was now covered under family membership. Yet, he forgot to cancel. Naturally, he got charged $100+tax. Thankfully, when he finally called (in my presence) to cancel, the rep did it for him. My dad doesn't even bother to ask if he'd get refunded, or even how much. Just hangs up. I had to ask him to call him again to confirm the refund amount (which was the full amount btw).

Following might be relevant for people waiting for their package to arrive:
I had signed up online for the family gold plan on the 19th November. So, as per the email, I just assumed that my membership starts as of the next day. However, I got a call last week to clarify if I wanted double membership (because it was unknown to me that I was still paying for a scraped car, as I wrote at the beginning of this post). The lady on the phone canceled the membership of the scraped car for me, processed a pro-rated refund, and activated my family gold plan. She said my plan was active from the day she called me, and not the day I placed the order.

Hopefully, the last bolded section is useful to people here.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2014
2040 posts
1126 upvotes
Price was still honoured over the phone, not in person.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
2612 posts
963 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 2:32 pm
Free if you get the WE card.
Thank you, so much for pointing this out. Simple phone call got my regular card turned into World Elite.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28097 posts
13907 upvotes
Ottawa
beachlover wrote:
Dec 16th, 2018 10:26 am
Thank you, so much for pointing this out. Simple phone call got my regular card turned into World Elite.
For those that qualify, this card is a no brainer.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1339 posts
140 upvotes
Lévis
Alvord wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 2:34 pm
Why should I go with Canadian Tires road side assistant instead of CAA?

Which do most of you prefer?

TIA
We changed to CT despite my feeling that CAA is better. Reason is we are two drivers and CT let you choose for either driver or car. It was ~125$ for a CAA plus and a standard plans for both of us. Now it's 50$/year so CT is much cheaper.
Pourquoi pas?
Jun 11, 2016
275 posts
301 upvotes
SPARTACVS wrote:
Dec 16th, 2018 4:48 pm
We changed to CT despite my feeling that CAA is better. Reason is we are two drivers and CT let you choose for either driver or car. It was ~125$ for a CAA plus and a standard plans for both of us. Now it's 50$/year so CT is much cheaper.
I felt the same way at first then I used the service last year when the starter died (At the Grocery store 2km away with a 5 year old and it was roughly -25).
CT Roadside came through no problem and quick.

In reality, unless your driving a Hyundai Pony one shouldn't be calling roadside assistance more than twice a year...
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1339 posts
140 upvotes
Lévis
KravenHead wrote:
Dec 17th, 2018 8:24 am
I felt the same way at first then I used the service last year when the starter died (At the Grocery store 2km away with a 5 year old and it was roughly -25).
CT Roadside came through no problem and quick.

In reality, unless your driving a Hyundai Pony one shouldn't be calling roadside assistance more than twice a year...
Yeah you are right. I didn't meant that the service is poor with CT and stellar with CAA. IMHO rating should be like 17/20 for CAA and 15/20 for CT (very inacurate self evaluation based on little data etc.). In other words, you can have great service with CT and poor with CAA. What I'm talking about is the average for both.

Oh, and happy holidays.
Pourquoi pas?