Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Schwinn Chapel Men's Bike, 700C $399 (save $200)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2018 10:31 am
Oct 6, 2016
317 posts
126 upvotes
langley, BC

[Canadian Tire] Schwinn Chapel Men's Bike, 700C $399 (save $200)

FEATURES
Schwinn Chapel Men's 700C Road Bike with a 19" (48.2 cm) aluminum frame
700C wheels
24-Speed
Shimano EF-50 Trigger shifter
Shimano TY-51 front derailleur and Shimano TY-50 rear derailleur
Front and rear disc brakes
Schwinn aluminum fitness frame with rigid road fork
Schwinn triple density ergonomic grips, and fitness saddle for comfort touch points
Free in-store assembly
Last edited by TomRFD on Jul 23rd, 2018 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
17 replies
Jul 2, 2008
459 posts
215 upvotes
Discontinued model; low (1 left) or no stock in my area.

This bike looks like it fits into the “hybrid” class. Road race bike wheel diameter; slightly wider road tires; triple crank like a MTB.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2007
1770 posts
673 upvotes
Bedford
Schwinn used to be a good brand, not anymore. This is 700cc hybrid , not a road bike. You could probably pick up a newish used $500 giant or Trek and be far better off.
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
9 posts
3 upvotes
The bike is light, quick, and rides quiet as a I want, it is nice catch the deal.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2014
2641 posts
797 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Pure garbage. I couldn't believe how much some of these 'aluminum' bikes sold by canadian tire weigh. Cheap outdated component designs that the real bike industry got rid of ages ago.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
4313 posts
2738 upvotes
Canada
baillieul wrote: Schwinn used to be a good brand, not anymore. This is 700cc hybrid , not a road bike. You could probably pick up a newish used $500 giant or Trek and be far better off.
Exactly what I did. Got my Giant Escape 3 for $470.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
nabiul wrote: Pure garbage. I couldn't believe how much some of these 'aluminum' bikes sold by canadian tire weigh. Cheap outdated component designs that the real bike industry got rid of ages ago.
What is the weight of this bike? If it's over 35 pounds than,yes , it's a hunk of junk. In general, there's nothing like dissauding someone from regular bike riding, quite like getting a tank of a bike from a place like CT. The regular price on that bike is a joke and there are a few better options , even at the sale price point.
For Sale:
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2007
1770 posts
673 upvotes
Bedford
gbill2004 wrote: Exactly what I did. Got my Giant Escape 3 for $470.
I picked up an Escape 3 for $150 three years ago in the fall and have been riding the wheels off it. Great bike!
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
gbill2004 wrote: Exactly what I did. Got my Giant Escape 3 for $470.
Smart choice. I got my Giant Roam 3 for a little bit more 3 years ago, but sometimes I regret the extra weight that come from the suspension that I almost never use even on trails.Its still a very fast bike but looking to add a Giant Fastroad Slr soon.
For Sale:
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
4313 posts
2738 upvotes
Canada
baillieul wrote: I picked up an Escape 3 for $150 three years ago in the fall and have been riding the wheels off it. Great bike!
For $150 I assume it was used, right?
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13577 upvotes
Ottawa
what I dislike most about these Canadian Tire bikes is that they usually come in one size only. If you're 5 9", it might be a perfect fit, And the assembly quality sucks.

I would definitely choose the sportchek bike above....sometimes you can also get gift cards at a discount which compounds the deals.
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Oct 6, 2016
317 posts
126 upvotes
langley, BC
baillieul wrote: Schwinn used to be a good brand, not anymore. This is 700cc hybrid , not a road bike. You could probably pick up a newish used $500 giant or Trek and be far better off.
I bought 2018 Giant Escape 3, it's an amazingly fast hybrid!
Aug 22, 2005
231 posts
185 upvotes
This is Hot! Hot Garbage!
I would like to echo every single sentiment from every previous post. I bought a Schw-garbage bike from CTC 15 years ago and the build quality is aweful! The derailer never worked from the time I bought it. I still have it, 15 years later, and the buyers remorse is very real! I use it as a last resort, but it has completely ruined the biking experience for me.

I would like to thank the OP for posting it so that I can read about all of the other better options out there as I am finally ready to get back on a bike and toss my old Schw-garbage to the curb. I would even feel guilty giving it away for free.
Apr 19, 2015
319 posts
339 upvotes
The regular price for this is $600 for this brand new? Yikes. You can get a brand new Giant Escape 3 for $520, a Devinci Milano for $550 or a Kona Dew City for $600, and they'll all be substantially better.

CT bikes are heavy, poorly assembled, and the parts are generally of poor quality. Nothing will stop you from having a fun as a cyclist quite like buying a bad bike. I bought a Schwinn Suspend from CT and the thing weighs as much as the moon. I bought a ten-year-old used Giant NRS-1 and the difference in quality is just INSANE, even for one ridden as hard as that one was by its previous owner.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
3204 posts
1094 upvotes
Whitehorse, YT
I notice for the bikes referenced in this thread they don't seem to disclose weight in their specifications. That's particularly important for a mountain bike that does hills - up and down. They boast "light weight" in their description but don't back it up with the fact. Got caught with the Cdn Tire CCM Trailhead that weighed in at 42 lbs. when I got it on the scales.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)