Shopping Discussion

Canadian Tire shopping is online now! (In-store pickup)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 7th, 2014 9:25 pm
[OP]
Nov 5, 2013
201 posts
219 upvotes
Toronto

Canadian Tire shopping is online now! (In-store pickup)

Just saw "add to cart" button with the products and availability for in-store pickup.
34 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
6122 posts
985 upvotes
Fort Saskatchewan
So they took it away just to bring it back?
˙dlǝɥ ɹoɟ ǝɯ WԀ oʇ ǝɯoɔlǝʍ lǝǝℲ ˙spɹolɹǝʌO pℲɹ ʎɯ ɟo ǝɔᴉʌɹǝs uᴉ ƃuᴉʇɐɹǝpoW ʎlᴉddɐH
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7404 posts
1554 upvotes
Edmonton
It will be nice to order, and not have to walk around and playing hide and go seek for an item... That being said - wonder how long it will take, standing in line at the Customer Service Centre, to purchase the order? Only time will tell!
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15552 posts
992 upvotes
So it's not full ecommerce? Just in store reseve?

Considering WalMart offers free shipping on all orders that's way too little for me and CT is still dead to me.
Jan 27, 2014
18 posts
4 upvotes
Canada
Better late than never & they might add shipping later.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8586 posts
1882 upvotes
London
Oh good, yet another way CT can irritate and annoy customers with inconsistent policies.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
2171 posts
446 upvotes
I'll give it a try. My Canadian Tire is monstrous and I hate searching for stuff there. We'll see if the customer service desk for pickup will be a deal-breaker or not.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
1195 posts
144 upvotes
Montreal
my CT has a search engine so finding stuff is a breeze and on top of that, a self checkout. it's great they are finally offering some sort of online experience but i have nothing to complain about my CT so another option for shopping is always welcomed
Jul 1, 2013
57 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Do you need to pay online before pickup?
Apr 26, 2013
978 posts
246 upvotes
Toronto
Ottomaddox wrote:
Jan 28th, 2014 11:13 am
Oh good, yet another way CT can irritate and annoy customers with inconsistent policies.
+1

It is sad but I haven't shopped at this Canadian retailer in years because of their policies.

Once they asked to look in a bag of mine as I was leaving, they basically called me a criminal. I know the law and told them they have no right to look into my bags, if they wanted I would wait for the police to arrive so that my lawyer has a police report for when we go to court.
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
9758 posts
4078 upvotes
Ottawa
twinkie83 wrote:
Jan 28th, 2014 11:51 am
my CT has a search engine so finding stuff is a breeze and on top of that, a self checkout. it's great they are finally offering some sort of online experience but i have nothing to complain about my CT so another option for shopping is always welcomed
Self checkout? Wow I'm surprised. Every CT I've ever been to in the last 35 years has been more locked down than Alcatraz with award-winning engineer-designed sophisticated turnstile and gate barrier system that are the envy of all Federal Penitentiaries. If you go in and refuse to buy anything they make you do the walk of shame by excusing yourself past 20 people waiting in the 2'6" wide passage between cashes with their 2'5" wide basket.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
May 28, 2012
9901 posts
2075 upvotes
Saskatoon
Cas77 wrote:
Jan 29th, 2014 9:44 am
Self checkout? Wow I'm surprised. Every CT I've ever been to in the last 35 years has been more locked down than Alcatraz with award-winning engineer-designed sophisticated turnstile and gate barrier system that are the envy of all Federal Penitentiaries. If you go in and refuse to buy anything they make you do the walk of shame by excusing yourself past 20 people waiting in the 2'6" wide passage between cashes with their 2'5" wide basket.
My nearest CT also has self-checkouts. I haven't had any really bad experiences at CT but then I don't shop there regularly. The few times I've had to wait at customer service, it has been fairly slow-going.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
9188 posts
1824 upvotes
I love shopping at CT, always a good experience other then some limited stock occasionally, but staff are friendly and prices tend to be decent.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15552 posts
992 upvotes
Ottomaddox wrote:
Jan 28th, 2014 11:13 am
Likely because they're franchised and the store is owned by a local owner who makes the rules as s/he sees fit.

That's why I was open to shopping there again but only by actually ordering off the website so I could deal with HQ directly.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
15093 posts
5360 upvotes
WMPCOT wrote:
Jan 29th, 2014 8:19 am
+1

It is sad but I haven't shopped at this Canadian retailer in years because of their policies.

Once they asked to look in a bag of mine as I was leaving, they basically called me a criminal. I know the law and told them they have no right to look into my bags, if they wanted I would wait for the police to arrive so that my lawyer has a police report for when we go to court.
Wow, over react much? You might want to calm down before you explode.