Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] The Skrapr Cleaning Tool with Bonus Mini Skrapr Tool for only $6.49

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2019 9:35 am
Sep 23, 2011
88 posts
7 upvotes
Pupsik27 wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 8:13 pm
bought a drill brush attachment[/b] from Chemical Guys. Makes cleaning anything much easier with a drill.
But drills are meant to operate in short bursts, while cleaning you are "drilling" for a bit. Is that good for the drill? I would think an angle grinder with lower RPM would be better.
Sep 23, 2011
88 posts
7 upvotes
engineered wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 10:25 pm
My wife uses some kind of glass cleaner/polish. Have you tried a polish? I bet even Mother's automotive polish would work.
I tried this but results aint impressive at all.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2004
1048 posts
31 upvotes
j831 wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 3:12 pm
Any suggestions? I have some really old burnt on grease stains on my glass stove top that I can't seem to get rid of.
I use This cleaning product. I start with a non abrasive scrubby whatever doesn't come off with that, I switch to a simple single sided razor blade. Used on an angle to scrape. Sometimes more cleaning agent is required and you will need to add a good amount of elbow grease.
Sep 2, 2007
669 posts
163 upvotes
turtleh wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 4:54 pm
I have a Skrapr, honestly sometimes the back of your chefs knife is the way to go for hard crusts OR use this ASTONISH paste from the UK Your text to link here... coupled with Scotch brite blue sponge or a melamine sponge it gets everything.
Put wet paper towels on the hard to clean surfaces and let them sit for at least an hour before you try to remove them
Same thing for cars. Wet towels on the car bugs allow for easy removal of the little buggers without damaging the paint
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3406 posts
2135 upvotes
Toronto
I just use a new piece of a razor blade on a glass stove. Don't go crazy and use the proper angle and it scraped a year of burned material easily. No scratches at all.
FreezingCanada wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2015 5:41 pm
We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
10335 posts
9518 upvotes
Oakville
isthisreallife wrote:
Feb 18th, 2019 12:21 am
But drills are meant to operate in short bursts, while cleaning you are "drilling" for a bit. Is that good for the drill? I would think an angle grinder with lower RPM would be better.
A good drill can run continuously. Think about drilling through concrete, which can take quite a while. The bigger concern would be radial load (side load) which a drill doesn't usually take.
An angle grinder or dedicated polisher would be ideal, but overkill.
Oct 7, 2017
99 posts
262 upvotes
isthisreallife wrote:
Feb 18th, 2019 12:21 am
Yeah you are correct. I havent been able to find any grinder/polisher scrubbing brush attachments amywhere... so am using my Milwaukee F18 hummer drill. For quiet some time now. Works so far... but I agreee grinder or better yet polisher would be awesome. If anyone can send a link for brush attachments for polishers would bevery thankful.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
10335 posts
9518 upvotes
Oakville
Pupsik27 wrote:
Feb 18th, 2019 12:41 pm
Yeah you are correct. I havent been able to find any grinder/polisher scrubbing brush attachments amywhere... so am using my Milwaukee F18 hummer drill. For quiet some time now. Works so far... but I agreee grinder or better yet polisher would be awesome. If anyone can send a link for brush attachments for polishers would bevery thankful.
Look for automotive polishers. If you want cheap, princess auto.
May 10, 2008
176 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
j831 wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 3:12 pm
Any suggestions? I have some really old burnt on grease stains on my glass stove top that I can't seem to get rid of.
I used this metal polish the other day because the stove top cleaner wasn't touching the ring of carbon on my glass top, cleaned it up in about a minute. Then I did my toaster oven, pretty awesome stuff.
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/auto ... p.html#srp
Nov 14, 2006
99 posts
93 upvotes
Montreal
I am not sure whether this scraper is better than the polycarbonate scraper I would use. There are two choices from Amazon.ca:

https://www.amazon.ca/Lodge-SCRAPERPK-D ... way&sr=8-9

https://www.amazon.ca/Pampered-Chef-Nyl ... 156&sr=8-1

Both of these scrapers are much cheaper on the US Amazon.com site and should be available in some select local kitchen stores. The brown Pampered Chef scrapper is going strong after more than a year of cleaning the cooking sheets, roasting pens, etc. after many big parties. Also works alright on glas top stoves for stuck on stuff.
Feb 26, 2016
777 posts
164 upvotes
Vaughan
i'll get one or two to try it out.

looks like it'll do a good job on cleaning the lawnmower.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
2999 posts
225 upvotes
Ottawa
This thing is pretty good, i bought it for a bunch of friends, everyone loves it :)
Hello