Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Snow shovel, 26" wide pusher $12.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2017 2:37 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3859 posts
2814 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Snow shovel, 26" wide pusher $12.99

Looking for a cheap snow pusher? Here's your chance to get one before the snow gets too deep. Just a standard cheap one, plastic blade, no aluminum wear strip, but good enough for clearing the driveway if you don't mind exercise and you're not investing in a powered snow thrower.

Winter is coming!
21 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2011
1002 posts
594 upvotes
Montreal-Ouest, QC
Thanks, I was just looking for one of those.
Paying full price for an item is a sin. :twisted:
Nov 17, 2017
88 posts
157 upvotes
Equivalent at HomeDepot was $15. Save a couple bucks by going to CT!
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
2660 posts
3149 upvotes
Toronto, ON
CT website is sooooo slow....
Shows in stock in my local store, going to grab one tomorrow
Nov 23, 2017
393 posts
148 upvotes
This is a snow pusher....
Saw it in store. Very weak fragile. It's plastic wi

Anyone know any good metal shovels or better material

CT metal shovels very mostly sold out
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3859 posts
2814 upvotes
V12izm wrote: This is a snow pusher....
... like it says in the thread title.
You can buy shovels and pushers made of 4 materials: polyurethane plastic (all the cheap ones), polycarbonate plastic or fibreglass (stronger), and aluminum. In addition you can buy plastic ones with an aluminum or steel "wear strip" riveted to the bottom edge (rivet in plastic = first place it cracks).

The plastic ones tend to wear out or crack after a few seasons of use, and you throw them away and buy a new one. Aluminum can be stronger and last longer, but the cheap $30 one that both CT and Lowes sell is small, flimsy and uses a very soft aluminum - it won't last any longer than the plastic ones if you're scraping it along pavement. Read the reviews.

If you feel like paying $60 or so, you can get higher-quality snow shovels that should last a bit longer, but they will still wear out. Plastic ones can crack at any time. Aluminum will chip and get chewed up if you are scraping it on pavement, and then it will start to dig in instead of gliding. Steel wear strips are sturdier, but steel rusts.

You could try other stores like Rona, Home Depot, or Lowes. Rona carries a couple, nothing different from the choices at CT except for this aluminum "grain shovel" that looked a little sturdier than the typical snow shovel. Lowes has a good selection, similar to CT except maybe for this high-end $60 plastic pusher. Home Depot has some snow shovels in their catalog, but their local store here in BC doesn't carry any - I guess they think we don't get snow here.
Mar 21, 2009
272 posts
196 upvotes
Hamilton
What the heck are you doing to your shovels that you are wearing them out in a couple years? I suppose if you live in North Bay, but in southern Ontario? I think I have had the same three shovels for 12 years.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
EK75 wrote: What the heck are you doing to your shovels that you are wearing them out in a couple years? I suppose if you live in North Bay, but in southern Ontario? I think I have had the same three shovels for 12 years.
I have OCD and always try to scrape every single layer of snow and ice until I see asphalt.
I went through two plastic shovels in 5yrs and switched to Costco's metal strip pusher.
May 20, 2003
619 posts
412 upvotes
Toronto
Once you see some asphalt, the sun usually takes care of the rest.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3859 posts
2814 upvotes
EK75 wrote: What the heck are you doing to your shovels that you are wearing them out in a couple years? I suppose if you live in North Bay, but in southern Ontario? I think I have had the same three shovels for 12 years.
The problem with pushers is that they will scrape on the pavement unless you have a pretty solid layer of ice and snow at the bottom. If you live in a region like Vancouver where the winter temperature is warmer and the snowfall is typically right around freezing, then you're almost always scraping on the wet pavement as you push the snow off. It really chews up the blade. My old sturdy aluminum blade from Edmonton was toast in a couple of years, and my last plastic blade looked like the dog chewed it after one winter.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2002
1359 posts
870 upvotes
GTA
I find metal just gets caught on my driveway. I'd rather the plastic get gently scraped away...
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3859 posts
2814 upvotes
Marzipan wrote: Not a deal but it's steel ...
Wouldn't you have to rinse it off and dry it thoroughly after each use to prevent rust? Scraping against paving in a salt water environment would likely rust anything but stainless steel very quickly. Any kind of coating or galvanizing will be useless as soon as it gets scraped.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
1905 posts
894 upvotes
GTA
I prefer plastic over steel.
It's lighter and much easier to handle. When I had both, I always used the plastic shovel.
Apr 11, 2012
499 posts
152 upvotes
Moon
V12izm wrote: This is a snow pusher....

Costco have the best shovels so far.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
jaggu2001 wrote: Costco have the best shovels so far.
The snow pusher comes with an ice scraper and for a toal of $30; can't go wrong.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3859 posts
2814 upvotes
The 26" snow pusher is still on sale for $12.99 at Canadian Tire, and yesterday I saw the 18" snow scoop on sale for $10.99 at my local store, this one: http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/yardw ... p.html#srp
This sale price isn't in the catalog - I saw it in store. But they have >100 in stock at each of the local stores, so they probably just jumped the gun on the next sale flyer that starts on Dec. 22.
Nov 26, 2004
663 posts
233 upvotes
Toronto
18" snow scoop is advertised as "Good for light use - apartment balconies, small walkways, etc." Guess the plastic isn't strong enough for pushing driveways?
+++ath0
NO CARRIER