Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Sodastream CO2 Refill $19.99 (w/ exchange) & Earn $7.20 Cdn Tire Money

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 28th, 2018 2:25 pm
Feb 27, 2015
95 posts
40 upvotes
Newcastle, ON

[Canadian Tire] Sodastream CO2 Refill $19.99 (w/ exchange) & Earn $7.20 Cdn Tire Money

Canadian Tire is selling SodaStream 60L CO2 refills for $19.99 ($35.99 less $16.00 discount for bringing in old canister) which is the usual price I believe. However there is 50x Canadian Tire money back (meaning 20% "cash" back since normal rate is 0.4%), which is calculated on the full price, which is $7.20.
61 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7441 posts
4191 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Thanks for the headsup. We need to exchange 2 bottles. :)
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1641 posts
272 upvotes
Montreal
How does the exchange refund for the empty canister work at CT? Like do you give it back when you're paying for the new one at the cash? Or do you do it at the customer service afterwards?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6758 posts
1786 upvotes
Montreal
I believe the regular price for a refill is $21.99 or $22.99 now. I'm not sure about CT but at other stores, a supply of refills have been kept at a cash.
Syrup, which used to come in a 48 bottle format now comes in a 35 bottle format. The full retail price has gone from $6.99 to $7.99.

I personally strongly considering walking away from them.
Phils
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7441 posts
4191 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Phils wrote: I believe the regular price for a refill is $21.99 or $22.99 now. I'm not sure about CT but at other stores, a supply of refills have been kept at a cash.
Syrup, which used to come in a 48 bottle format now comes in a 35 bottle format. The full retail price has gone from $6.99 to $7.99.

I'm pretty sure walmart have them 2 for 12$.
Feb 27, 2015
95 posts
40 upvotes
Newcastle, ON
gambit_360 wrote: How does the exchange refund for the empty canister work at CT? Like do you give it back when you're paying for the new one at the cash? Or do you do it at the customer service afterwards?
Go to customer service with your empties and the ones you want to purchase. They'll apply the discount against the regular purchase price.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
14883 posts
4842 upvotes
Nanaimo, BC
Phils wrote: I believe the regular price for a refill is $21.99 or $22.99 now. I'm not sure about CT but at other stores, a supply of refills have been kept at a cash.

I haven't used my SodaStream for a few years, but when I did, I found their syrups to be too sweet.

I started dissolving a bit of Crystal Light into a bit of water. I would then charge the SodaStream and add in the concentrated Crystal Light. I liked that better than the syrup, and the price was difficult to beat.

Just don't try to add the Crystal Light powder into the carbonated water in the SodaStream bottle! :)
Global warming will be exceeded during the 21st century unless deep reductions in carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gas emissions occur (United Nations IPCC Report 2021)

Every disaster film starts with scientists being ignored
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2001
2332 posts
362 upvotes
Vancouver

I walked away from their syrup bottles as soon as they switched to the taller size with a weaker concentration. But there are plenty of alternatives on the market (squirt bottles, drink crystal pouches, etc.) to produce flavours not available in prefilled retail bottles, so there's no reason to walk away from Sodastream completely.
Oct 14, 2013
542 posts
387 upvotes
I'm thinking about getting a sodastream.. anyone have any feedback on the different models?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2008
7140 posts
3513 upvotes
I've never tried or even considered using their syrups. Who know what weird stuff they put into it. Might as well just drink coke or crush, or some of that same garbage.

I mix my soda with apple cider vinegar, or maybe orange juice, or anything that is actually real, not artificial.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7069 posts
3383 upvotes
pishahasha wrote: I'm thinking about getting a sodastream.. anyone have any feedback on the different models?
The Play models only have 45 out of the 60 L of the gas canister filled. Otherwise, they all do the same thing but I cannot confirm whether the newer models can apply more co2 into the water or not.

In addition to buying replacement co2, the transparent co2 carbonating container for the water to be carbonated also needs to be replaced by the expiry date listed on the bottle. You may want to check to make sure your new machine's bottle doesnt expire soon. 3 replacement bottles (all with expiry dates) is $19.xx.
Jan 31, 2010
370 posts
137 upvotes
St. John's
I would search out other places locally that re-fills co2 cannisters. I have 3 sodastream bottles that I bring to a paintball place to get re-filled, and it costs like $12 per bottle. If you don't have something like that nearby, ask your local homebrewing store, they will likely know.
Nov 5, 2015
342 posts
330 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Thank you for the great suggestion!

Would anyone have a recommendation for such a location in Toronto? Relatively downtown area?

Thank you!
cquilliam wrote: I would search out other places locally that re-fills co2 cannisters. I have 3 sodastream bottles that I bring to a paintball place to get re-filled, and it costs like $12 per bottle. If you don't have something like that nearby, ask your local homebrewing store, they will likely know.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4451 posts
2017 upvotes
Scarborough
I was refilling all the time when I first bought my SodaStream but then I came across this co2 adapter that connects to a co2 tank (5lb or 10lb) straight to the nozzle of the sodastream and I can go 6 months without having to refill the tank. This is using the machine to produce 6L of fizzy per day.

You can purchase the co2 adapter from eBay or Amazon ($60-$80)
Purchase the co2 tank from a homebrew supply store or do what I did and visited Herbert Williams and bought a 10lb for $140 filled or 5lb for $90 filled.
Refilling the tank costs between $35-$45

Upfront costs might seem relatively high but long term this setup yields longer amounts of soda water.
Feb 27, 2015
95 posts
40 upvotes
Newcastle, ON
cquilliam wrote: I would search out other places locally that re-fills co2 cannisters. I have 3 sodastream bottles that I bring to a paintball place to get re-filled, and it costs like $12 per bottle. If you don't have something like that nearby, ask your local homebrewing store, they will likely know.
You're not concerned about getting it from a paintball place? I wouldn't want to ingest any possible contaminants as it's not designed for human consumption.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
3083 posts
1445 upvotes
GTA
john2922222 wrote: You're not concerned about getting it from a paintball place? I wouldn't want to ingest any possible contaminants as it's not designed for human consumption.
Is there such a thing as "Food Grade" co2?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2018 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
pishahasha wrote: I'm thinking about getting a sodastream.. anyone have any feedback on the different models?
The Sodastream Source gets great reviews. The higher model called the Power is essentially the same but requires an electrical source, which avoids having to hold down the carbonating bar ( or whatever it's called). The unit itself has a lifetime replacement warranty. The only thing I miss with the Source is the CO2 level indicator as found, for example, in our older Fizz model.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2018 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
Viperoni wrote: Is there such a thing as "Food Grade" co2?
Some of the refill places ( not many left) use that term. It's an interesting question. In theory CO2 is CO2 but I guess the question is if anything else might seep in.