Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Synthetic Oil Change $34.99 ON & $29.99 QC - YMMV by province

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2019 4:34 pm
Dec 11, 2006
107 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto

[Canadian Tire] Synthetic Oil Change $34.99 ON & $29.99 QC - YMMV by province

This is an online deal only.
Synthetic oil change is $34.99 plus taxes for Castrol Oil in Ontario (29.99 in Quebec, $39.99 in Manitoba etc). This is a good price considering a typical jug of 5L synthetic oil typically goes on sale for $29 plus taxes.
Conventional oil change is $24.99 ON , $19.99 Quebec, etc...

Please note that you need to pick a service location as each location has a limited quantities. Redeem by March 31, 2019.

Few tips to keep in mind:
1) They provide a cheap $5 filter..or you can apply that credit to upgrade to a better filter meant for synthetic oil, and better longevity (see below).
2) Check your owners manual for the oil change interval. It's normally longer than the 5000 km/3 month interval they try to sell you on (and print on the label). For example, for most Toyota's & Honda's, the change frequency is 16,000 km or 1 year !! You may change it earlier if you do a lot of city driving.

Additional details for the Synthetic oil change deal below (from their webpage):
Castrol Edge with Fluid Titanium Technology
Longer drain interval
Keeps your engine cleaner
Flows better in low temperatures and protects better in high temperatures
Includes up to 5L of Castrol Edge Synthetic Oil (assorted grades). Price includes $5.00 towards an oil filter
Includes a visual brake inspection, battery test, tire pressure check, and more
How to Redeem: Once you receive your “Ready for Pickup” email, call the store selected to book an appointment for your oil change. Must be redeemed in store by March 31, 2019 or the offer expires.
Note: Prices may vary by location. Excludes diesel and semi-synthetic oils. Additional fees and charges will apply for vehicles that require more than 5L of oil. Additional oil filter charges will apply. Eco fees, taxes and additional fees where applicable, are extra. Some vehicle restrictions may apply. Available at participating Canadian Tire Stores only. Limit 1 per customer per transaction. See in store for details. Limited time only. Offer valid Dec 24, 2018 to Dec 27, 2018.
Not valid in conjunction with any other offer, coupon or discount
ONLINE ONLY OFFER
Last edited by Zen22 on Dec 26th, 2018 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
131 replies
Mar 11, 2018
425 posts
212 upvotes
Nice deal for castrol synthetic oil change, but I would think many people would stay away from CT oil changes for dear life of their vehicle.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
4312 posts
2738 upvotes
Canada
Never let Canadian Tire touch your car.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1390 posts
1176 upvotes
went to CT when I lived in Alberta to have tires mounted to new set of rims and asked about them putting an oil pressure switch/sensor in my 2004 GM... I already knew what code was being thrown and that it was a common issue. I already knew where it was and how long the job would take (literally one socket needed and a 10 minute job, which most of the time would probably be positioning the car on the lift). The "service manager" told me "OHHH BOY, that's a big job! 6 hours as it's under the engine."

So I bought the deep socket and did it myself for 50 bucks. They were legit going to charge me 600 in labour to do this job at Canadian Tire.

Not a bad deal for the oil change... most real mechanic shops don't make any money on oil changes anyways. Mainly speaking to the comment above^
Sep 16, 2014
261 posts
134 upvotes
Vancouver
did the price change to $39.99?
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15200 posts
35260 upvotes
Nation's capital
The gift that keeps on costing
Sep 9, 2016
392 posts
1010 upvotes
Leask
Nice! My girlfriend is due for a conventional oil change so I ordered one. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
4795 posts
3847 upvotes
GTA
Please for the love of god do not take your car to CT.
Mar 26, 2017
375 posts
191 upvotes
Buyer beware, don't let Canadian Tire work on your vehicle - they're scam artists.
Last edited by Gord18Stirr on Dec 26th, 2018 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
11102 posts
6746 upvotes
Toronto
melikeydeals wrote: Nice! My girlfriend is due for a conventional oil change so I ordered one. Thanks!
Hopefully it wont be "My girlfriend is due for a new car after oil change at Cdn Tire"
Dec 22, 2010
109 posts
58 upvotes
Keep in mind this only includes up to 5L of oil. If you’re someone like me who has a vehicle that takes more than 5L, you’ll need to pay extra and who knows how much they charge you per extra liter.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2013
1569 posts
1329 upvotes
Toronto
The one at Sheppard and Mcowan stripped out a drain plug.
Thankfully the oil did not leak out.
They should be beaten senseless with their air guns.
Dec 29, 2006
147 posts
92 upvotes
people who service their vehicles at Canadian Tire are brave for them to trust their safety, once Crappy TIre touches your car the resale value plummets 75%...... bunch of monkeys as mechanics, service advisors are dumber than a box of rocks.... oh and the parts people., lol...
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2280 posts
1420 upvotes
Montreal
Save your money, it is wise to stay away from CT garage.
Mar 11, 2018
425 posts
212 upvotes
Everytime I visit a kenny u pull for parts, I tend to wonder if most of these cars which are no longer drivable but show no signs of damage from accidents were just victims of CT servicing.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10712 upvotes
Hamilton
melikeydeals wrote: Nice! My girlfriend is due for a conventional oil change so I ordered one. Thanks!
Come on man... a bf would never let his gf bring her car to CT
hated on but respected.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9238 upvotes
The NORTH
Much like Meth, Canadian Tire Service Center...Not Even Once!!!

Friends don't let friends get service done at Canadian Tire...
Dec 31, 2016
81 posts
19 upvotes
I had a similar code when I went there for oil change. Instead spent another 800 dollars for repair. Had suggested the code to my friend who also spent 700 bucks for repairs. This might just be a coincidence but I would never go there again. Just be careful before you go there for oil change.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4695 posts
4968 upvotes
GTA
Penny wise, pound foolish.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)